Metallica & Linkin Park to headline Sonisphere

Nameless

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is crazy! Lets hope for the best with Sweden and Denmark, its about time i get to see them! (Linkin Park that is). Great that Slipknot is confirmed for Roskilde already, they got a bunch of new tour dates on their official website, im probably going to Roskilde and the upcoming date for Sweden.

YES!!!!! It will be perfect!!! Wait until it's totally confirmed!!! Hope to come in Athens, Greece again! We expected to see Metallica cause in their last concert here (2006) Lars said "From now on, you don't have to wait 8 years to see Metallica. We will come again very soon!" Hope to be this year with LP!!!!!!!!! LP COME IN ATHENS AGAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

they should def play in sweden or germany or even better... DENMARK!!! but if they play in sweden or germany my parents allowed me to go :D:D i live 20 min from roskilde where SlipKnot is playing but wasn't allowed that, but sweden oh well :P although my mom specified that if linkin park AND slipknot played at roskilde I could go :P even better if killswitch engage and bullet for my valentine came :D

If they are still making the new album at the time of the festival (which is more than likely knowing LP) and they just take a break from recording to play these shows, like the Summer Sonic & Japan shows is 06, then hopefully they'll preview a new track (like with Qwerty) or play an old one (like Reading My Eyes) :).

Quite a unique little tour and we might actually get to witness something special/one off.

For once it's good to be an LP fan from the UK... Although the Milton Keynes PR show was one of a kind...

If they are still making the new album at the time of the festival (which is more than likely knowing LP) and they just take a break from recording to play these shows, like the Summer Sonic & Japan shows is 06, then hopefully they'll preview a new track (like with Qwerty) or play an old one (like Reading My Eyes) :) .

Quite a unique little tour and we might actually get to witness something special/one off.

For once it's good to be an LP fan from the UK... Although the Milton Keynes PR show was one of a kind...

I'm fan from Lithuania but I'm definatly going to UK this summer.

Good enough for me! Lamb Of God is confirmed! Fuck yeah this is awesome. I bet this will be a godly tour, lol. I've never heard of a traveling 3 day festival - that's insane. It's like a traveling Rock am Ring with all your favorite bands. Wow.

its not a 3day its a 2 day says so on that thrash hits, looks like its gonna be 1st and 2nd of august cose thats the only time knebworth house is closed to the public plus i rang to book a hotel and the one i rang is in the festival grounds said there booked up cose of the festival on the 1st and 2nd of august so its all true

and on efestivals web site (there realy good with there info on festivals) has more

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/othe...re/lineup.shtml

this is what it says

to be confirmed Linkin Park

to be confirmed Metallica

to be confirmed Alice in Chains

to be confirmed Lamb of God

strong rumour Machine Head

to be confirmed Mastodon

Edited by sian18

hell yeah wtf xD Perhaps this kinda is the festival and it's coming to Germany? xP Would perhaps be even better than playing at Rock am Ring because ALL rumored bands are fucking good ^^

but i'm still not sure, it really is too good to be true.

Edited by NiKmaN

this is awesome !!! they must played older songs because FORGOTTEN been last played in 2002 PR With you last in 2006 By Myself in 2004 Figure 09 in 2004 IT s GREAT songs i don t know why LP don t play this songs.PLS new sets!!!

ANyone know how much pounds it might cost?Just a average price. And where can I get tickets when they're available?

2day festivals are normaly about £80 and about £95 or £100 with booking fee you can normaly get tickets when there out here www.ticketmaster.co.uk

2day festivals are normaly about £80 and about £95 or £100 with booking fee you can normaly get tickets when there out here www.ticketmaster.co.uk

It's damn cheap for UK people and fu*king expensive for lithuanians compared to cash we earn, but I'm going there.

Thanks for info.

It's damn cheap for UK people and fu*king expensive for lithuanians compared to cash we earn, but I'm going there.

Thanks for info.

yeah i know dosint work cheap for other ppl i been saving up for months cose i new LP would play a festival this year

http://www.knebworthhouse.com/rock/rockconcerts.htm

Knebworth Park, Knebworth, UK Looks like it'll be August 2nd for LP. I'll throw the date up on the 2009 page.

So far for 2009:

02.08.2008  Knebworth, England, Knebworth Park, Sonisphere Festival

xx.08.2009 Pori, Finland, Kirjurinluoto Park, Sonisphere Festival

I assume Pori is at that park since the Jazz festival is held there, but there's other spots. A German date is rumored.

http://www.knebworthhouse.com/rock/rockconcerts.htm

Knebworth Park, Knebworth, UK Looks like it'll be August 2nd for LP. I'll throw the date up on the 2009 page.

So far for 2009:

02.08.2008  Knebworth, England, Knebworth Park, Sonisphere Festival

xx.08.2009 Pori, Finland, Kirjurinluoto Park, Sonisphere Festival

I assume Pori is at that park since the Jazz festival is held there, but there's other spots. A German date is rumored.

yeeha

such an awesome start in the weekend ;)

woop woop!!

http://www.sonispherefestivals.com

20 hours to go or so

i tried a bit of detecitve work by just typing /*insertnameofband* onto the end of the website address. Out of all the rumoured bands there are pages waiting to go live for Linkin Park, Metallica, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Mastodon for sure, but couldnt find any for the others . . . yet