Metallica & Linkin Park to headline Sonisphere

Nameless

Ladies and gentlemen, it seems we have the first 2009 tour dates.

Thrash Hits reports that Metallica and Linkin Park are booked to headline a new two-day festival at Knebworth (UK) this summer. They said that LP will headline the second day and added that the festival is going to be touring Europe, visiting possibly six countries across Europe. Official announcement is apparently going to be made at 10am on Monday.

The dates of either 01-02 or 08-09 August have been penciled in. Sonisphere is going to be touring Europe. This would back up claims made by a Finnish newspaper that a Metallica/Linkin Park headlined festival will be taking place this summer in the Finnish city of Pori."

We have to wait for the official confirmation, but if it's true, this means a 2009 European Tour. The third band that will join Metallica and Linkin Park is Lamb Of God. Other rumored bands include: Alice In Chains, Anthrax, Machine Head, Nine Inch Nails, Mastodon, Slipknot, and Pendulum. Apparently there are 11 total acts that will play the festival.

Awesome! Thanks to LPTimes for the news.

Edited by Hahninator

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, don't flame this guy. What we had before was a rumor, and even though this builds on it, it's unlikely that all of this is going to come out as false. Sweet, we have some 2009 tour dates. :)

Confirmation is on the 10th of February... 5 more days until it's official.

Slipknot is also playing at a Danish festival, it is called "Roskilde Festival". It is a vary big festival there are 75.000 people at the 4 days festival.. Maby Linkin Park also play at Roskilde Festival:D

Slipknot is also playing at a Danish festival, it is called "Roskilde Festival". It is a vary big festival there are 75.000 people at the 4 days festival.. Maby Linkin Park also play at Roskilde Festival:D

Maybe they can play at Roskilde, Rock Werchter and Open'er Festivals :rolleyes:

Oh... Yes, i didn't viewed it.. But this is a news of a different show, i think it have to be posted on the home :\

April had to post it here, not in the Finland thread :(

Awww sorry, you're right! Posted Image I thought it was about Finland.

So what do we have - two festivals or only one will be confirmed?

Awww sorry, you're right! Posted Image I thought it was about Finland.

So what do we have - two festivals or only one will be confirmed?

It's a traveling festival - England and Finland are being discussed as two of the places it's going to. So it's more than one location but the same lineup, etc.

if you check out knenworth house web site (were the festival will be held) http://www.knebworthhouse.com/events/events.html and look at the calender on the riight it says

SUMMER SEASON 2009

OPEN DATES

(orange indicates house

and park are open)

and the 1st 2 3rd of august the place is closed to the public and I am certain Lamb of God are playing.

In the rules of the competition this appears a little way down under the prizes title...

"Two (2) tickets to attend a rock festival in Knebworth, Hertfordshire, UK featuring Lamb of God scheduled to take place in August 2009"

Couldn't really ask for any better proof. I would probably call it a self confirmation.

http://www.lamb-of-god.com/officialrules/

Edited by sian18

Good enough for me! Lamb Of God is confirmed! Fuck yeah this is awesome. I bet this will be a godly tour, lol. I've never heard of a traveling 3 day festival - that's insane. It's like a traveling Rock am Ring with all your favorite bands. Wow.

What a badass lineup.

Lamb of God - amazing.

Nine Inch Nails - one of my top 5 bands. still haven't seen them live.

Mastodon - saw them last summer, amazing, AMAZING band.

Slipknot - saw them at the same show as Mastodon, awesome show, great band

Machine Head - saw them at the same show as the above 2, had never heard them before, LOVED their show.

Pendulum - never heard of them lol

plus Metallica and LP? can't beat either one of their shows.