15.08.2013 - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong (LPU Summit #9)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I want them to bring P5hng back, We need to be realistic, they didn't played this songs almost 10 years.

Runaway wasn't on a lasting setlist for about 6 years (same as With You). That's not counting the one-off performance at Bamboozle. After that, I'd say anything is possible. Though we'll have the get used to the same 4-5 variations of the same setlists for a year and a half again :lol:

Timing really is everything. You are exactly right. That's why we posted about Reading My Eyes in the week before SSMF, because we thought they'd maybe do the full song.

I'll post about Figure.09, P5hng Me A*wy, etc. Good idea. Remember in between the NYC 2010 show and Buenos Aires when Chester said the ATS tour would have different things to make the new songs blend in with the older songs more? Everyone took it as either they'd play something off of Reanimation, or they'd do some new intros/outros. Nothing happened except the Oppenheimer Radiance thing, lol. That was pretty cool. I thought they'd do P5hng....

Yeah you posted about RME one week before the SSMF, but i think they were rehearsing for about 2 weeks?

LP is a band that need to rehearse alot they dont improvise anything they are a machine.

I think the next time you post the poll results they will listen to us, remember that in NZ they ask the crowd which song they wanted to listen APFMH or ITE, thats a nice sign.

As much as I want them to bring P5hng back, We need to be realistic, they didn't played this songs almost 10 years.

They didn't played in Mexico in 10 years and they came back, we need to be OPTIMISTIC.

They rehearsed for four days for SSMF and the Asian Tour. I assume the reason they did VICTIMIZED and The Catalyst for the Summit was because they haven't played both of them in a WHILE. LP is a band that has to rehearse and rehearse and rehearse. It took them two full weeks to get CASTLE OF GLASS down.

In the four days for SSMF/Asia rehearsals, I believe they did: (this is off the top of my head so I might have one or two days in the wrong order)

day 1: ??

day 2: POA, Papercut, COG, -> full Set A

day 3: ??

day 4: KROQ rehearsal, and then they ended rehearsals

I assume day 1 was just a few songs, day 2 was Set A, day 3 was likely set B, and day 4 was the KROQ show. That's not long at all. To work something up it takes them a good bit.

In other news the guy who taped the videos replied to me and said he'd be glad to send me the files. It's just a matter of waiting now.

He replied to me too, I guess we will get the files today. You know how to make a DVD?

Who will convert the videos to mp3?

I can do it but after this weekend... :rolleyes:

If anybody wants to get the converted mp3's, I can upload them. Remember that we will probably get an audio rip of the taper's files soon.

b.t.w I just noticed that LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent and The Catalyst videos are missing.

Edited by Mesck547

If anybody wants to get the converted mp3's, I can upload them. Remember that we will probably get an audio rip of the taper's files soon.

Just wait. I'm gonna do it anyway soon as the taper will send me the files, and it's pointless to have two circulated versions of the same source when one is in better quality.

Can someone that's knowledgable about guitars tell me what the Gate On and Gate Off means? And "Quick"?

The noise gate is a mixing effect used on the guitars for Lost in the Echo, It cancels out noise and cuts any extra lingering tones and sounds giving the notes a clean cut sound. Lost in the echo has a sharp attack especially for Mike's part so it if gives the fast rhythm a more distinct clean cut. Without the gate it would sound sloppy. Astat can probably explain it in better words but thats the gist of it.

Edited by pianolp325

• 1 month later...