10.08.2013 - Chiba City, Japan - Summer Sonic

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They play the old Hybrid Theory + Meteora songs because the hardcore fans love that shit. It's not really about whether the band likes the songs or not. Chester has stated before his dislike for a lot of the Hybrid Theory + Meteora songs but he still gets into them a lot on stage and enjoys it. Brad should be more like that. It's not like they are making songs in these style anymore, they just play the songs live from past albums. Brad needs to learn to have fun. Lol.

They play the old Hybrid Theory + Meteora songs because the hardcore fans love that shit. It's not really about whether the band likes the songs or not. Chester has stated before his dislike for a lot of the Hybrid Theory + Meteora songs but he still gets into them a lot on stage and enjoys it.

Not really. They play the old singles whether they like them or not because they feel obligated to. They don't play the non singles for the hardcore fans or else APFMH and With You would have come back ages ago. They play POA because its very obvious the full band jams on that and likes it. They said in 2012 they asked the crew for ideas to change it up and the crew said bring back older songs. So they worked up APFMH, With You and Runaway and brought back POA and SIB. I am still surprised With You is in there but they drop something like IN MY REMAINS or WTCFM. Runaway was dropped after Europe because Chester legit fucking hates playing that song live. That's why it's gone.

They play what they want. They don't do it for us lol. Remember all the M&Gs on PR07 and Australia 07 we had people at that asked for APFMH? It didn't return until 2008 and was dropped again. But now they seem to LOVE playing it. If they were playing what the hardcore fans wanted they'd be playing Reading My Eyes in full, P5hng remix, Figure.09, etc. All these non single HT songs came out of nowhere but they seem to love playing them right now. They must have gotten bored of IMR really fast. Notice they aren't playing any non single Meteora songs right now. LP does what they want and right now they are in a phase to play some older HT songs and then almost all singles + LGM. I am shocked they like LGM so much when stuff like WTCFM is about 100x better live lol

Runaway was dropped after Europe because Chester legit fucking hates playing that song live. That's why it's gone.

Chester hates Runaway period. The only reason ITE and OSC are still played is because they were huge singles. We all know Chester hates them, so I bet that if they weren't released as singles, they would have been dropped back in 2000-2004 and not come back. Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

I 100% agree. At this point if they just kept APFMH (which Chester and Mike seem to fucking love) I can deal with ITE and OSC being dropped. OSC is such a monster live but I legit wouldn't want them playing it if they feel obligated to. Don't play what you don't want to. Just because its a big song doesn't mean you have to play it. When they dropped it in 2011 at a few shows I got the hint they were probably tired of it.

My question is how can they still play Numb lol? They've played the studio version for so long.....

I wouldn't mind ITE being dropped. When they dropped it earlier this year, I thought that set got 10x better. Granted, it was dropped for a fucking monster (APFMH), but it was still cool to see them drop one of their biggest songs. OSC, on the other hand, is a different story. If we were having this conversation 2-3 years ago, neither of us would be saying we wouldn't mind if it was dropped. But now, you can hear less energy from Chester in that song. I've been noticing it since late 2010, he is getting tired of it. Mike seems to still enjoy it, which is probably the only reason that song is still around, same goes for ITE, but Chester has way less energy for those two songs, and he has for a while. Just my 2 cents.

Not really. They play the old singles whether they like them or not because they feel obligated to. They don't play the non singles for the hardcore fans or else APFMH and With You would have come back ages ago. They play POA because its very obvious the full band jams on that and likes it. They said in 2012 they asked the crew for ideas to change it up and the crew said bring back older songs. So they worked up APFMH, With You and Runaway and brought back POA and SIB. I am still surprised With You is in there but they drop something like IN MY REMAINS or WTCFM. Runaway was dropped after Europe because Chester legit fucking hates playing that song live. That's why it's gone.

They play what they want. They don't do it for us lol. Remember all the M&Gs on PR07 and Australia 07 we had people at that asked for APFMH? It didn't return until 2008 and was dropped again. But now they seem to LOVE playing it. If they were playing what the hardcore fans wanted they'd be playing Reading My Eyes in full, P5hng remix, Figure.09, etc. All these non single HT songs came out of nowhere but they seem to love playing them right now. They must have gotten bored of IMR really fast. Notice they aren't playing any non single Meteora songs right now. LP does what they want and right now they are in a phase to play some older HT songs and then almost all singles + LGM. I am shocked they like LGM so much when stuff like WTCFM is about 100x better live lol

Obviously they want to give back to the fans at live shows. Yes, they don't base the entire set on what hardcore fans want, but they do play a lot of the Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs live because of it. They aren't going to play stuff like Reading My Eyes, P5hng, etc. because they don't fit with the set and also because only the most hardcore of fans would want that. They figure ''old school fans'' means Hybrid Theory. Seriously. Yes, they may enjoy playing a lot of these songs as well, but you also have to take into account that they like playing some of those because they like giving back to the hardcore fans.

The japanese crowd is great, it seems like they're enjoy from every song of any band.

Totally agree with that and i guess that's the main reason why all the bands loves to perform there and decided to do something special. especially Linkin Park. debuting brand new song twice.