10.08.2013 - Chiba City, Japan - Summer Sonic

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to those fucking screams on Bleed It Out! Wow!! The band is jamming.

Add ext intro and ext bridge to BIO. Brad and Chester talk about something then Chester decides to sing BIO chorus as usual. Looks like they contemplated doing something else. This might be good news for the rest of the tour.

Great stuff.. I love the Summer Sonic shows each time they do them. I'm guessing maybe the RME bridge was just for SSMF, but I could be wrong. I think they should have kept it for the end of the LIVING THINGS world tour. I am content with 3 pro-shot songs, isn't that what we got in 2009 as well?

They obviously added a distortion-effect to Chester's mic in all the screaming parts. Sounds pretty cool to me. It's also on the chorus' of Given Up and it's still on when he says "Thank you very much" in the end of the video.

You can also hear this effect on other songs from the crowd recordings, so it seems to be on purpose.

On another note, I remember Brad once said that they're not idiots jumping around on stage anymore. That's cool with me, but one could also call someone an idiot when he does the exact opposite. You could at least show just a little bit of emotion when playing your songs, not just a straight face and a constant tongue out of you mouth? It doesn't seem like he cares about the (old) music anymore, and he plays it quite sloppy. It just kills part of the energy the other guys put into the show.

They obviously added a distortion-effect to Chester's mic in all the screaming parts. Sounds pretty cool to me. It's also on the chorus' of Given Up and it's still on when he says "Thank you very much" in the end of the video.

You can also hear this effect on other songs from the crowd recordings, so it seems to be on purpose.

On another note, I remember Brad once said that they're not idiots jumping around on stage anymore. That's cool with me, but one could also call someone an idiot when he does the exact opposite. You could at least show just a little bit of emotion when playing your songs, not just a straight face and a constant tongue out of you mouth? It doesn't seem like he cares about the (old) music anymore, and he plays it quite sloppy. It just kills part of the energy the other guys put into the show.

Maybe he just isn't into the Hybrid Theory/Meteora songs. I definitely prefer anything on MTM to any songs from the old albums, and LT songs are definitely welcome for me as well. But I guess if I was Brad, I would like playing the old songs. He should be more energetic.

Doesn't seem like purpose to me, maybe it was just screwed up in the tv mix for some reason.

Brad should at least fake he's having fun on stage. It's really pathetic watching him live. I will never get the 'we're not idiots jumping around anymore' idea .. I mean, WTF? It doesn't mean you're less 'mature' if you move, laugh, jump, or headbang on stage.

Brad didn't jumped for years, check Given Up from MSG 2011, after a few seconds you can think he leaved the stage and Mike play instead of him. :lol:

Why are you so surprised? He's jumping from time to time, but this is not something new at all.

I'm very much aware of this, but it's just sad seeing him this emotionless in his face. Maybe he had a bad day, I just think it comes off slightly arrogant.

I'm very much aware of this, but it's just sad seeing him this emotionless in his face. Maybe he had a bad day, I just think it comes off slightly arrogant.

Week ago, same thing (except 3:03-3:07):

Like Jonas said, I prefer it real than fake. And I understand your point, it's just not new.

He definitely moved more there, but that was not my point anyway. I was talking about his face. And maybe it's not new but to me it's gotten worse over the last couple of years and with a pro-shot showing it so clearly, I decided to take it up for discussion now. :)