01.08.2013 - North Hollywood, CA - KROQ Rehearsal

Hey thank you so much! My bet about old songs for SSMF or Asiant Tour, in order of importance: 1-Step Up (because my talk with Sean Paden) 2-And One (because Mike said the name of the song in the chat) 3-Reading My Eyes (because they played a bit last night) 4-Carousel (only because Mike said something about the song in the last LPU Chat)

what he said about Carousel

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also is a big rest for Chester, he needs some rest during the show, the band (in my opinion) needs to do something to help Chester, like a hip hop or instrumental medley.

i don't know why you guys always try to arrange break time for Chester, he's a rock band's singer.

hope your dad feels better.

Edited by Skipees

if you asked for pictureboard the answer would be "we haven't rehearsed that for years, anything else?"

tell Mike it's Pictureboard or full version of No Roads Left, and see what he's gonna choose, could be interesting.

Keep insisting on the song YOU want to hear debating with your favourite band, I wanna see that haha. There's not much you can do if they all say no. Lay down like a 3 year old and cry?

Anyway just cause someone picks Breaking The Habit doesn't make him less of a "hardcore fan". We don't know him, so who are we to judge? Not everyone is as fanatic about rare songs and setlists as some people here.

Keep insisting on the song YOU want to hear debating with your favourite band, I wanna see that haha. There's not much you can do if they all say no.

this is the real story of what's happened:

play Pictureboard or full version of No Roads Left, band - we can't.

so Fuse, band - we can't.

so She Couldn't, band - we can't.

so Robot Boy, band - we can't.

so Skin to Bone or Road Untraveled, band - we can't.

*after 15 minutes*

:angry: can you breaking the habit and play something different? band - no problem.

:lol:

Anyway just cause someone picks Breaking The Habit doesn't make him less of a "hardcore fan".

to be honest, you're right. maybe after BTH his favorites are Fuse, Stick N Move, and Rhinestone. Edited by Skipees

I agree that they probably didn't say "pick any song you like". I would imagine them talking and saying to the fan that they were going to play Numb, but then asking if he would rather hear BTH. Maybe gave him a choice of a couple songs. I think they gave him a choice because they would want to avoid a "No, we're not playing that song, pick another" situation. lol

Probably it was like that ITE vs APFMH situation at one of the shows.

I still have hopes for the show. ;)

Yeah, maybe something like "we have time for either Numb or BTH." In which case I would have chosen BTH as well. :P

They didn't ask the winner to make the full setlist, guys. They just took a request for one song. If it was me, I'd ask for Reading My Eyes, followed by Blackout and then When They Come For Me. Then A Place For My Head. I would assume they'd tell me no on all of the first 3, but I know they can and will do A Place For My Head, haha. You know the winner is a casual fan when he requests BTH, which has been played at every single show from Oct 2003-now except for a few in 2011. Ouch.

Interesting set but I guess it's no surprise it was all singles. I wonder if the new BURN IT DOWN is any good.

I hope the only SSMF surprise isn't RME over BIO. That'd be a nice touch.........if they played And One as well! HA.

The whole casual fan/hardcore fan debate based on BTH is just bullshit. It might be true but what if BTH is his favourite song? Not everyone in his situation would feel the need to do the entire fanbase a favour by requesting a song they haven't played in years. As a "casual fan" you just don't know this kind of info that well, a lot of people also just don't care. We don't exactly know how the whole request thing went anyway.

Keep insisting on the song YOU want to hear debating with your favourite band, I wanna see that haha. There's not much you can do if they all say no. Lay down like a 3 year old and cry?

Anyway just cause someone picks Breaking The Habit doesn't make him less of a "hardcore fan". We don't know him, so who are we to judge? Not everyone is as fanatic about rare songs and setlists as some people here.

Agree with you dude.

I don't get why everyone is so pissed about BTH. If it was your favorite song, wouldn't you want them to play it? Though those might not be the circumstances, you can't be pissed at him for his choice.

THIS! Everyone expecting that guy will choose a song that everyone else want to hear. I mean,he won,so he deserved to choose any song.