01.08.2013 - North Hollywood, CA - KROQ Rehearsal

Today, Linkin Park will be performing in front of fans for the first time since March, when they ended their Australia & New Zealand Tour for LIVING THINGS by performing at Perth's Soundwave Festival. The band recently just began rehearsing for the upcoming Sunset Strip Music Festival show on August 3rd as well as their six show tour of Asia that follows later this month. We will cover each of those shows as always.

The band has been rehearsing for just a few days now (according to tweets by both the band and the crew), but there is already hope and a possibility that they might change something up for the SSMF show. Jim Digby, the tour manager, posted a picture of the band's rehearsal schedule for July 30th. When we commented and said that "Set A is back", he replied with "AH...you might be mistaken to assume that this set A is the same set A you refer to obi-wan, it's may be hierarchical nomenclature."

So we will see!

Anyway for this rehearsal, KROQ is sending one winner and ten of his friends to a private rehearsal by the band. This was a contest and was announced about a month ago. Janet Ramos on Twitter was listening to KROQ and found out the lucky winner was a man by the name of Jonathan from Rancho Cucamonga.

We have absolutely no idea if LP will play a full set today for fans to rehearse for SSMF or if they will just run through a few songs. We are pretty certain this will take place at Third Encore as usual, the band's rehearsal spot. Twitter searches and perhaps a few tweets from the crew will probably be our only way of finding out info about this rehearsal.

The band's first full show is on August 3rd, and the Asia leg begins on August 10th in Tokyo. For the full 2013 tour schedule including upcoming shows and more, click here.

SETLIST:

01. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

02. Breaking The Habit

03. What I've Done

04. BURN IT DOWN

05. In The End

07. Bleed It Out (w/ 'Reading My Eyes' bridge, Ext. Outro)

08. Faint (Ext. Outro)

09. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Setlist pictures here and here.

KROQ event review here.

- 'Breaking The Habit' replaced 'Numb' in the setlist due to the band taking a request from the winner of the rehearsal.

- 'Bleed It Out' featured the 'Reading My Eyes' bridge for the first time since 2011.

- There was a comment on Instagram that 'BURN IT DOWN' was possibly played as a "reggae version".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My assumption is that it will be about 6 songs as well, but they only have been rehearsing for a few days and they might run through the full set again. No idea on the time. I'm sure some crew members will post pictures, etc when they get going.

I would do my Setlist Enthusiast post but there's such little information I guess I can't. I'm so pumped to do that again though.

EDIT: According to this dude on Twitter they played 10 songs.

Edited by Soul

SETLIST:

• LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)
  • Breaking The Habit (Request)
  • What I’ve Done
  • BURN IT DOWN
  • In The End
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ RME; Ext. Outro)
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
Show Notes:

- Exclusive show presented by KROQ. A fan and 9 friends won the contest to watch the rehearsal.

- Mike rapped a verse of 'Reading My Eyes' over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out'.

- 'Breaking The Habit' was requested by the attendees. The band decided to play it instead of 'Numb'.

Other Notes:

Edited by Soul

Hey, sorry that i can't help my dad is very very sick right now and i don't have time to help.

If you guys need something let me know, i'm available for now...

That sucks D: Hope your dad gets better!

We could still use help getting setlist info

How's the search going for the setlist?

EDIT: One of my sources remembered three songs...

xx. BURN IT DOWN

xx. In The End

xx. Breaking The Habit (Request)

Show Notes:

- Exclusive show presented by KROQ. A fan and 9 friends won the contest to watch the rehearsal.

- 'Breaking The Habit' was requested by the attendees.

Other Notes:

So they could only remember 3 staples? Nothing else?

Maybe they just rehearsed that.

Setlist: via KROQ

Lost In The Echo

Breaking The Habit (replaced “Numb”)

What I’ve Done

Burn It Down

In The End

Bleed It Out

Faint

One Step Closer

Awesome, thanks!

EDIT: I'm assuming this is the general way the set is going to look. LITE opener?

Edited by Soul

This guy gets personally asked by the band what song he wants to hear and he picks BTH. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Awful.

Oh well, that's what happens whenever KROQ throws a contest. Everybody and their mom enters and the hardcore fans don't have a chance.

So what are everyone's hopes that the set will change or we'll get an old school song now? I'm personally not expecting a change at all but I'd love to be surprised. Maybe a Steve Aoki appearance?

edit: just saw gravegaurd's post. Yeah, that'll probably end up being the only special thing they do. At least they somewhat listened to us though. Better than nothing :P

Edited by Hybrid1988

This guy gets personally asked by the band what song he wants to hear and he picks BTH. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Awful.

Oh well, that's what happens whenever KROQ throws a contest. Everybody and their mom enters and the hardcore fans don't have a chance.

So what are everyone's hopes that the set will change or we'll get an old school song now? I'm personally not expecting a change at all but I'd love to be surprised. Maybe a Steve Aoki appearance?

edit: just saw gravegaurd's post. Yeah, that'll probably end up being the only special thing they do. At least they somewhat listened to us though. Better than nothing :P

This!

Imagine one of us in those private Shows... Haha, "Pictureboard please"

I'm still thinking about that talk with Sean Paden.

He said that he made the new GGP Guitar for Lost In The Echo and Step Up. I would like to see at least one more time Step Up out there.

Also is a big rest for Chester, he needs some rest during the show, the band (in my opinion) needs to do something to help Chester, like a hip hop or instrumental medley.

I'm still thinking about that talk with Sean Paden.

He said that he made the new GGP Guitar for Lost In The Echo and Step Up. I would like to see at least one more time Step Up out there.

Also is a big rest for Chester, he needs some rest during the show, the band (in my opinion) needs to do something to help Chester, like a hip hop or instrumental medley.

UIB could give Chester a decent break, I imagine.

Wonder if RME over BIO is the only thing they'll do. If so then I won't feel as bad for not being able to make it. :P

Seriously though, I do hope they do the full song. There has been a CRAZY amount of hype for them just to add a few lines in a bridge. But I won't really be surprised if that is all they do.

And Maik I hope your dad feels better!

Wonder if RME over BIO is the only thing they'll do. If so then I won't feel as bad for not being able to make it. :P

Seriously though, I do hope they do the full song. There has been a CRAZY amount of hype for them just to add a few lines in a bridge. But I won't really be surprised if that is all they do.

And Maik I hope your dad feels better!

Hey thank you so much!

My bet about old songs for SSMF or Asiant Tour, in order of importance:

1-Step Up (because my talk with Sean Paden)

2-And One (because Mike said the name of the song in the chat)

3-Reading My Eyes (because they played a bit last night)

4-Carousel (only because Mike said something about the song in the last LPU Chat)