The Unreleased Songs Thread

Skipees

What about ''Half Life'' by Dead By Sunrise? They have a lot of demos titles from the 2005 board, but how do we know which ones are working titles for songs from Out Of Ashes and what ones aren't? I'm thinking Half Life maybe was the demo title for Crawl Back In because half life is usually used as a term for pills and we all know Chester had the pill addiction to klonopin back then as well as alcohol. Crawl Back In states ''don't wanna take your medicine''.

It was "Hard Life," not "Half Life."

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List updated, totally new format. Four categories: Unreleased Songs, Alterante Versions, Remixes and Others.

Deleted:

Linkin Park & Steve Aoki - A Light That Never Comes (twoloud Remix)

Avicii Feat. Mike Shinoda - Unknown Track

Added:

Steve Aoki Feat. Neon Future - Unknown Track

The Visionaries Feat. Chester Bennington - Unknown Title Somebody Can Approve This?

http://www.myspace.com/visionaries

Date: Oct 10 2006 11:21 AM Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]

Subject: Linkin Park

Body: Hey, LMNO did a song with Mike Shinoda back in the day, maybe 6 years ago.

Then the Visionaries recorded a song with Joe Hahn and Mike Shinoda, and I believe some of the rest of the group was supposed to add stuff to the song...anyhow, it was before the "ReAnimation" album, and we all decided not to put the song out....so, I guess it's just one of those, never heard, never put out things.

We've only heard a rough version of the song, and never heard anything after that.

Kool, give thanks.

KeyKool - Visionaries

www.upabove.com

Source

So LMNO recorded a track with Mike around 2000, and The Visionaries recorded a song with Joe and Mike (which was basically The Visionaries Feat. LP song). Nothing about "Chester only" track.

maybe we should add the dates to the songs we already know?

As you requested. :)

Some of you please take a quick look to check if I added the dates correctly, I added 2002 to Meteora alternate versions and 2007 to the MTM ones as "general time" so you can skip on those.

Added releases inside [].

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Added:

2000 - LMNO Feat. Mike Shinoda - Unknown Title

2002 - The Visionaries Feat. Linkin Park - Unknown Title

2013 - Steve Aoki Feat. Linkin Park - Unknown Title [From "Neon Future Part 2"]

2014 - Chester Bennington - Unknown Title [From "La Bare" Soundtrack]

Deleted:

The Visionaries Feat. Chester Bennington - Unknown Title

199x - Xero - Pictureboard

There is a version with Chester.

199x - Xero - Rhinestone (Altarnate Version)

2013 - Linkin Park - Castle Of Glass (Official Remix)

2010 - Supercell - Black Rock Shooter (Joe Hahn Remix) (Full Version)

I think you can add where we heard clips of these tracks.

The COG remix was from some LPTV episode, Rhinestone was from The Crow: Stairway to Heaven and the BRS remix is from the Black Rock Shooter blu-ray.

Do we even know if Xero has a studio version of the song? Maybe there's only a studio version with Chester like the BMI entry?

It's possible, but, as you said somewhere, we know the band records everything they do. So there's also the possibility of the band having a version with Mark on vocals.

Since we have no confirmation from anyone from the band that there is a studio version by Xero, I'd say delete it. We will never hear it anyway.

2010 - Supercell - Black Rock Shooter (Joe Hahn Remix) (Full Version)

The opening theme is "Black Rock Shooter" (ブラック★ロックシューダー Burakku Rokku Shūtā?) by Supercell, sung by Hatsune Miku

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Rock_Shooter#Anime

It's possible, but, as you said somewhere, we know the band records everything they do. So there's also the possibility of the band having a version with Mark on vocals.

Since we have no confirmation from anyone from the band that there is a studio version by Xero, I'd say delete it. We will never hear it anyway.

Changed to:

199x - Hybrid Theory - Pictureboard

Changed.

---

Should we add the forth demo of Until It Breaks with Chester's part to alternate versions?

You are forgetting the DJ Whoo Kid & LP song from 2007. Mike mentioned a few times in 2007 around the time of the Webster Hall show and he also said it at the Webster Hall show.

You are forgetting the DJ Whoo Kid & LP song from 2007. Mike mentioned a few times in 2007 around the time of the Webster Hall show and he also said it at the Webster Hall show.

2005 - DJ Whoo Kid Feat. Mike Shinoda - Unknown Title

Edited by lpliveusername

Took me awhile but i did it! Here goes many meteora songs/demos i found on LPTV from 2003.. i tried my best to make the quality seem better to and make the songs as clear as possible. people havent really talked bout these but let me know what u think

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gk6iaovh...+lptv+demos.rar

NOTE: SOME are loud

Good catch on the So Far Away stuff. Those are definitely alternate versions of that song. I wonder if they worked on it during the Meteora sessions. It wouldn't surprise me.

That's definitely the Thoughts That Take Away My Pride demo in the LPTV from Summer Sanitarium. That might be a completed b-side that we get someday from the band.

The other stuff sounds like just normal beats and stuff.

Good catch on the So Far Away stuff. Those are definitely alternate versions of that song. I wonder if they worked on it during the Meteora sessions. It wouldn't surprise me.

That's definitely the Thoughts That Take Away My Pride demo in the LPTV from Summer Sanitarium. That might be a completed b-side that we get someday from the band.

The other stuff sounds like just normal beats and stuff.

One of the beats from So Far Away was re-used on Soundtrack, so yes, they at least re-used a small portion of that song during the Meteora sessions.

The weird thing is, the LPTV part that has that beat in it isn't identical to the released versions of So Far Away OR Soundtrack, lol.