The Unreleased Songs Thread

Skipees

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this one should be added to the list:

Linkin Park/Mr. Hahn - Blow your mind (studio)

It was played live at Docklands arena 2001 in London, I think studio version may exist, because it's a kind of song that needs to be (partly) recorded to be performed live afterwards.

He added the ending of WTCFM and added something to another song on the album I believe.

I would think that he added something very little or just gave an idea

his remix of TC was shitty i dont think that he is capable of doing something great like the ending of that song.

Edited by Linkin JZÉ

I think this one should be added to the list:

Linkin Park/Mr. Hahn - Blow your mind (studio)

It was played live at Docklands arena 2001 in London, I think studio version may exist, because it's a kind of song that needs to be (partly) recorded to be performed live afterwards.

It was played in 2002.

I'ts not from a Linkin Park song:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9926&st=0

Added:

Linkin Park - Divided (Alternate Version)

Linkin Park - Homecoming (Alternate Version)

Both of the songs in the Imani video are sped up by the same amount from their respective original versions. I'm convinced that there was either an error when they rendered the audio track for the video, or they just sped the music up to make it fit with the final edit of the video.

I wouldn't call that version of Homecoming an "alternate version" because once you return it to the correct speed, it's just the synth part from the original song with the rest of the music muted. Divided does have a different beat though.

I wouldn't call that version of Homecoming an "alternate version" because once you return it to the correct speed, it's just the synth part from the original song with the rest of the music muted. Divided does have a different beat though.

Ok, Homecoming is out.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Bublé Feat. Mike Shinoda - ?

I think it's the song 'Damn' by SoB. Mike worked with him during the making process of Reseda Beach

http://mikeshinoda.com/2012/09/27/fort-min...youd-never-hear

"Aside from the music they self-produced, we had tracks from J. Dilla and Scoop Deville, and even a super random cameo appearance by Michael Buble (which didn’t make album, but was an amazing experiment)."

I think it's the song 'Damn' by SoB. Mike worked with him during the making process of Reseda Beach

Mike wasn't credited for Damn. See it here.

The collaboration between them was announced in 2010.

Reseda Beach was originally set to be released in 2008. (including a version of Damn which featured Michael Bublé and Holly Brook)

http://www.miamibasshistory.com/wiki/bassi...ass/lady-tigra/

When it comes to writing songs, the only rule is that there are no rules. Every band I have ever come across writes a bit differently. Some bands start with music, some start with lyrics; some bands write individually, some write together; some bands take weeks/months to write an album, some take months/years.

Recently, we decided that we wanted to write and record a new song for one of the upcoming Machine Shop Mixtapes Machine Shop is going to put out. It had been over two years since we had been in the studio recording Meteora, so we decided it was time to let everyone hear something new. So, we blocked out three days in the studio to sit down to write, and record the new track. For those of you who are somewhat familiar with our normal song writing process, this decision was departure from what has become our standard writing process. Normally, a song will be worked on individually, or in pairs, over months of time. For this new track we wanted to challenge ourselves and finish a song in three days, with all six of us working through all the parts together. At the end of this experimental writing process, we didn't actually complete the song in our three days in the studio, but we were able to lay a great framework for the song. The vocals for the song were then worked on in home studios.

So, buckle your seatbelts and prepare yourselves for a Linkin Park song like you have never heard in the coming months. This new track will be available exclusively on a future Machine Shop Mixtape, so stay tuned for more info.

PS. You can also check out music, video segments, and information from all the current Machine Shop Mixtape bands at:

www.machineshopmixtape.com!

^I always thought it was incredibly odd how much Phoenix's account of the Machine Shop Mixtape song differs from the one Mike gave us. Phoenix in 2005: "Song's finished and coming out soon, instrumental recorded in 3 days in studio, vocals finished at home." Mike in 2009 or whenever it was he was asked about it: "Went to studio, tried to record song, whole thing fell apart, idea abandoned." I'm FAIRLY convinced that these are two entirely different songs being discussed. Phoenix's account of it was written shortly after it was recorded, and it was scheduled to be coming out on a compilation, the compilation just never happened. Mike's account of it was years later...and we all know how faulty his memory can be.

I'm FAIRLY convinced that these are two entirely different songs being discussed.

I'm thinking the same thing, for Mike everything happened in 1998 lol.

Also:

We attempted to go into the studio for a day and the song turned out a disaster. Right now we're focusing on our new album, but later on we'll focus on re-writing that.

There's the possibility that we already have this song and we don't know, but I'll add it until we'll have another information.

Added:

Linkin Park - ? (Machine Shop Mixatpe)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://vimeo.com/79540104 - Ignoring the fact that they literally uploaded the same video twice with different background music...LPU 13 launches on the 18th...video promoting key portion of LPU 13 posted on the 19th, with background music that is nowhere to be found on the new LPU CD. Yay for something else to add to the Lost Songs thread! :lol:

*Edit* It's in this video too: http://vimeo.com/79537910 Maybe it's not an LP song at all?

So what to do with this one? I checked the PlugAir YouTube account to see if they used the music for non-LP videos, but there are only these two video..

I don't think Divided is the song they are talking about. Yes, it is the only 2005 demo we have got, but it doesn't strike me as a song that would have vocals or something the band worked on as a whole. Divided sounds like a Mike created track, similar to stuff like Basquiat, Universe, etc that was created post Fort Minor - early MTM writing days. I don't think we'll ever get this song, they decided to never release it for whatever reason and 2005 was 8 years ago, so I don't think we will be getting it if we haven't by now. However, there has been no demand for it, I don't see anyone really asking about it, etc.

I think the reason why nobody asked for the song is because everybody thought it was never finished.

From the "Did You Know" Facts:

40. The band attempted to record a song in one day for the Machine Shop Mixtape (scheduled for release in 2006), but when they got into the studio to record, the whole song fell apart and was never finished.

Now that I've read what Phoenix said about it, I would like to hear the song.

Yeah also Divided is not sounds too "exciting" like Phoenix described it:

So, buckle your seatbelts and prepare yourselves for a Linkin Park song like you have never heard in the coming months. This new track will be available exclusively on a future Machine Shop Mixtape, so stay tuned for more info.

I have a feeling the Machine Shop Mixtape thing might have gotten derailed because of the lawsuit between the band and Warner, that was right around the period that it took place. I kind of wonder if maybe the band gave up the rights to some of their unreleased music as part of their new deal with WB. It's kind of odd that all of the post-Meteora/pre-Minutes to Midnight demos we've gotten were from 2006 or later (with the lone exception of Divided), when we know that the band was recording demos on their tour bus throughout 2004, and also recorded a bunch of stuff in 2005 in between Mike's Fort Minor tours.

I have a feeling the Machine Shop Mixtape thing might have gotten derailed because of the lawsuit between the band and Warner, that was right around the period that it took place. I kind of wonder if maybe the band gave up the rights to some of their unreleased music as part of their new deal with WB. It's kind of odd that all of the post-Meteora/pre-Minutes to Midnight demos we've gotten were from 2006 or later (with the lone exception of Divided), when we know that the band was recording demos on their tour bus throughout 2004, and also recorded a bunch of stuff in 2005 in between Mike's Fort Minor tours.

I agree. Also, Divided was probably from the same sessions as stuff like Universe, Basquiat, those kinds. Mike said they were post FM songs that he didn't really work with the band on. Divided fits right in with those two songs sounds. Who knows if the dates are right, because they could all be from 2005, from 2006, no one knows for sure, it wouldn't be the first time the band and/or Mike has messed up information like that. The band surely created music in 2004 and 2005. The LPU chat with Chester in December of 2005 was the infamous one where he said he couldn't go into the studio the next day because of all the screaming he did. He also said it would be LP's heaviest record. Obviously they were doing vocal takes and stuff and experimenting a lot. I honestly don't even think we got demos from the KoRn Studio that they worked at from January of 2006 to the middle of 2006, I think we are only getting seeds and stuff that they created at Laurel. This brings up a very interesting point because 2005 is a huge grey area in the history of the band as far as fans know. The lawsuit was very interesting and Chester talks about it a little bit in the 30STM film ''Artifact''. Maybe they did have to sign over the rights to some of that music. Maybe the Machine Shop Mixtape was actually LP trying to get back at Warner by releasing a new LP song for free, etc, the music business was a bit different back in 2005/2006 than it is today. I don't think we'll ever find out all the info on this stuff because I don't think the band is comfortable really talking about it (maybe Chester but he will usually talk about anything) and who knows if Warner doesn't allow them to discuss it, etc.

This is very interesting http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/28/arts/mus...8cont.html?_r=0

Edited by Geki

• 3 weeks later...

What about ''Half Life'' by Dead By Sunrise? They have a lot of demos titles from the 2005 board, but how do we know which ones are working titles for songs from Out Of Ashes and what ones aren't? I'm thinking Half Life maybe was the demo title for Crawl Back In because half life is usually used as a term for pills and we all know Chester had the pill addiction to klonopin back then as well as alcohol. Crawl Back In states ''don't wanna take your medicine''.