10.09.2011 - Chiba, Japan (Night 1) (LPU Summit #5)

hahninator

Linkin Park plays in Chiba, Japan (right outside of Tokyo) on the 10th for their first show in Japan since August 2009 in Okinawa (show page here). Their trip to Japan includes two nights at the Makuhari Messe, which they've played once before in 2007 for Live Earth Japan (show page here). That was the show where the fans broke the barricade and the show was held up for a bit!

LP first played in Japan on May 14, 2001 in Tokyo (show page here). Osaka (show page here) and Nagoya were on that same leg of the US-to-Europe Tour. Chester took the opportunity at those shows to play

by Jane's Addiction. They returned in 2003 and played Yokohama, Osaka and three nights at Tokyo's Nippon Budokan (which was well documented by fans - there's great recordings of all three shows and even Yokohama and Osaka). 'My December' was added to the setlist for the second night of that Tokyo run and stayed for night three along with the addition of 'Nobody's Listening' - nice! An interesting fact is that is the only time the band has played three nights in a row at the same venue.

We all are familiar with the 2006 shows in Japan (including three nights at the Summer Sonic Festival) - how could we forget the live debuts of 'QWERTY', 'Reading My Eyes' (by Linkin Park), 'Pushing Me Away (Piano Version)' and other cool changes to the set? LPLive released a proshot version of 'QWERTY' as an exclusive, which you can check out here:

In 2007, LP played the Makuhari Messe like I said above but used it to announce their fall tour in November that would bring them back to Japan. On that run, they played two nights in Saitama-Shi and shows in Osaka and Nagoya. 2009 took them to the Summer Sonic Festival again with shows in Tokyo and Osaka as well as playing a headlining gig in Okinawa a few days later. So as you can see, LP is very familiar with Japan, their third largest fanbase, and has debuted some great songs there. This should give us even more reason to be excited for the shows there on this tour.

The 5th LPU Summit is ongoing in Chiba right now, with M&Gs for some people occurring today while the rest of the main Summit activities take place tomorrow. This Summit takes place over three days for some people - see the link above for more information.

So with all of the information about their previous shows there and the knowledge that LP the past few tours has changed their sets after the first few shows of a tour, do you think Chiba will get a brand new set? Is this the show 'Robot Boy' will be debuted at? Or an older song like 'With You'? Will a random song make a return? What do you think? 'A Thousand Suns' in full? I'd have to say after following the last few tours that this is the show the band will move from their B16 set to another one...but we'll see. 'Wretches & Kings' hasn't been played since early this year - would you like to see that return, perhaps? I say anything can happen in Japan! Everyone is watching these shows closely after we heard that LP was planning "new sets, different than Europe" for this tour.

Who's headed to the Summit? Any LPLive members attending the shows?

Tomorrow LP plays the same venue again with shows in Yokohama, Osaka and Nagoya coming in the next week. The full 2011 tour schedule can be found here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Burning In The Skies

12. Numb

13. The Radiance (Live Version)

14. Breaking The Habit

15. Fallout

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. Faint

19. One Step Closer

--------------------------

20. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

21. Iridescent

22. Shadow Of The Day

23. New Divide

24. In the End

25. Bleed It Out ('A Place For My Head' bridge)

We're all waiting for a new setlist we've been waiting for a long time now.

Speculations are going around all over the world and LPL and other Linkin Park communities.

Personally I would love to hear "Robot Boy" live and experience a comeback of "With You" and "Somewhere I Belong".

Otherwise, the band performed "The Messenger" live earlier today, and it might be a sign of a comeback on their setlists.

Edited by DogFan_LP

We're all waiting for a new setlist we've been waiting for a long time now.

Speculations are going around all over the world and LPL and other Linkin Park communities.

Personally I would love to hear "Robot Boy" live and experience a comeback of "With You" and "Somewhere I Belong".

Otherwise, the band performed "The Messenger" live earlier today, and it might be a sign of a comeback on their setlists.

The band didn't perform The Messenger, Chester just sang over a pre-recorded instrumental. The song was also performed in Los Angeles, so it's already made a "comeback."

Bleed It Out closed the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And In The End was before it.

BIO as usual with drum solo and APFMH bridge.

(ITE -> BIO)

(BIO and end of show)

there also appeared videos of Faint, WTCFM, Jornada and WFTE on YT.

Edited by sckofelng

on LPA someone post this:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End