So they listened...

hahninator

Check out this post by our staff member Mike after the show in Köln yesterday.

After hanging out with some members of the crew, he informed me that the band had seen some complaints online recently about the setlists for the European leg of the tour and that they decided to change up what they were playing. Was that because of this 5 page thread? Most likely so! This is where last night comes into play. 'Papercut' was swapped with 'Lying From You' and 'The Messenger' was swapped with 'Leave Out All The Rest'. Read the show page here for the full setlist.

How awesome! He also notes that these were played unrehearsed. This would make this the second show where such a thing has happened, the first being Paris with a surprise performance of 'A Place For My Head' for the Hybrid Theory 10th Anniversary.

What do you guys think? Do you like the fact that the band took notice to the problem a lot of fans had and changed it up? So what do you predict they'll do for the rest of the tour? Is LP becoming a band that can almost flawlessly pull off playing random, unrehearsed songs in the set each show? Do you think they will do this for each show with maybe 1-2 different songs? Would that make the shows more exciting for you to go to if you didn't know the full set in advance?

What other songs would you like to see them do? Do you think they'll randomly pull out 'From The Inside' or another song they played on the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle on this tour?

And lastly, this goes without saying.... thanks, Linkin Park! We appreciate you changing it up live for us!

Thanks Ana and deko2603 for the HD videos!

Thats awesome!

I'd be amazing if they change a lot more songs! Who cares if its unrehearsed or what not .. we are there to rock & I think they too!

I mean I'd die for songs like APFMH, By Myself, Don't Stay or The Little Things .. :P

Its not that I want only old stuff or something, but I want a few differences that makes each show special.

I've (and a lot of others too) already been to a LP show this year & Frankfurt is coming up next week and if they would change the setlist for the last show in Germany I'd be so happy! :)

(& I mean the shows this year cost a lot ..)

I think they'll actually continue doing this and I sure don't see why not. If they know it, play it. They seem more confident playing unrehearsed shit (and they actually sound good on it).

There's a lot of possible, likely songs they can do for this: Points Of Authority, Pushing Me Away, Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, From The Inside, Leave Out All The Rest, In Pieces

More possible but unlikely ones in my opinion: Valentine's Day, The Little Things Give You Away, Hands Held High, In Between, My December, Pushing Me Away (Piano Version)

Hell yeah, make it happen ;) rotating 1-2 songs each night from that first list would be so badass and make the DSPs that much more exciting.

The "new" songs in the set were "old" 4 years ago, aka the last time LP played them to death.

That's LP's biggest issue. Nothing is special after the first time, as the DSP era has proven.

Unimpressed by the stage setup, too. After all the talk of overhauling the live show, what was all the fuss about? It looks incredibly weak after reading interviews and watching the VMA & laser show videos.

Cool that they aknowledge us and we have a forum to praise and complain. I love LP but think they have the resources to do so much more. A thousand Suns was a step forward; the live shows are a step back.

So awesome they noticed these complaints about not rotating the setlist. I bet they'll continue doing this with other songs (From The Inside, Somewhere I Belong, Points Of Authority...) in the future.

If these are good changes is another point. But it is great to see they are doing it :)

Edited by DecanoLP

Much props LP...much props!

I said exactly the same thing in the 'setlist thread' after they played APFMH, i.e. do you think they noticed the fans complaining and thats the reason they changed it up and interacted more.

One or two folks said no but Hahninator backed me up! Cheers man!

By the by...Mike if you read this...lose the Stevie Wonder specs. They seriously hamper your cool level :P

Don't ask me why, but sometimes I guess there's someone showing the threads to the band guys

I'm enjoying it. Seems they don't need exactly rotate the set, it's just change two or three songs each show and it's alright (to me) :D

I guess that you can't expect don't stay. Brad's using a 7 string guitar on that song and I don't think that he cares that guitar with him if the song isn't planned. (same for with you (as far as I remember) and a few other songs. for a full list ask astat :-D )

damn...they're playing unrehearsed songs but they play them perfect anyway ^^

I think it's great that they're listening to the fans and try their best to please everyone (though I like papercut more than LFY ;P no I don't complain)

In a time where bands seem less and less likely to listen to the people that really make them who they are, this just shows the everyone of these boys are true professionals dedicated to the cause and supporting there fans just as much as we support them.

Incorrect, Its not a 7 string, its actually a Ibanez RG470XL, difference is this allows brad to go down the extra two steps in tunning without strings slacking and sounding like shit.

But yeh the song cannot be played if thats been removed from his rig.

same thing also applies for with out and other 7 string songs.

I highly doubt brad has a 6 string strung like 7 in his rig.

AND also Figure.09. same situation.

P.S. I noticed Chester jumping from a platform again when LFY kicked in....that bastard better be careful.

So the second LP starts changing songs live this year, Chester jumps off a platform on LFY, falls, breaks his back and causes the entire world tour to be canceled.

Step 1: Break your back on LFY, canceling the tour

Step 2: ???

Step 3: PROFIT!

lol