So they listened...

hahninator

So the second LP starts changing songs live this year, Chester jumps off a platform on LFY, falls, breaks his back and causes the entire world tour to be canceled.

Step 1: Break your back on LFY, canceling the tour

Step 2: ???

Step 3: PROFIT!

lol

LMFAO

That has to be the first time I have ever seen those steps applied and actually work. :lol:

I just appreciate that they actually heard about our complaining and they did something about. A lot of bands don't listen to their fans so it's good to see that they switched it up, even though it's 2 songs it's better than nothing. Thanks for listening LP.

They are so awesome for listening to what being said and written by their fans.

I'm really happy with the changes because i like LFY more then papercut (though it's a hard choice between the 2 lol) and LOATR more the the messenger (which i don't like at all). It's also refreshing and keeps the element of suprise in cencerts and IMO it's great.

I'm wondering if they play HHH in israel as it so rellevent to the situation here...Nov. 15 be here allreadyyyy :P

LP once decided to have multiple rotating setlists on tour and then a whole bunch of people just HAVE to have it every time and whine when it doesn't happen.

and then they cave into such demands.

Makes me wonder if LP will become hesitant to try new things in the future, because as soon as they do something special a bunch of people will whine and yell at them if they can't do it anymore, and since LP doesn't wanna look like a bunch of uncaring meanies, they feel obligated to comply.

It's nice that LP is so nice. But you have to realize that nice people have a tendency to get walked all over. LP should only be nice on the basis that fans don't cry over dumb shit like this.

1. GET THE FUCK UP!

2. Dave looked cool when he was standing on the platform during LOATR, he must've felt special.

3. I find it really cool if they do a different 2 songs every night. It would be a good way to surprise us!

Edited by MONDREUS240

LP once decided to have multiple rotating setlists on tour and then a whole bunch of people just HAVE to have it every time and whine when it doesn't happen.

Makes me wonder if LP will become hesitant to try new things in the future, because as soon as they do something special a bunch of people will whine and yell at them if they can't do it anymore, and since LP doesn't wanna look like a bunch of uncaring meanies, they feel obligated to comply.

It's nice that LP is so nice. But you have to realize that nice people have a tendency to get walked all over. LP should only be nice on the basis that fans don't cry over dumb shit like this.

This! I never understood how LP switching out LFY and LOATR is special. Those are things they've done before. It's the same thing with the Reanimation CD, Collision Course, Hybrid Theory, rotating set list and other things. LP did those things in that moment of time. But yet people want them to keep doing it every time. Repeating the same thing over and over again isn't special in my opinion. I liked Reanimation, Collision Course, Hybrid Theory but i wouldn't want it repeated again. But wanting them to keep doing the same thing over and over again means they won't have the room to actually come up with new ideas or do new things just like they did in those moments to surprise us. For this tour, i want LP to come up with something new that they haven't done before that would make this tour special and not a repeat of anything else. And frankly, i hate that they switched out a new song in place of an old one. Only old songs should be switched out for old songs.

And frankly, i hate that they switched out a new song in place of an old one. Only old songs should be switched out for old songs.

That's right :( I attended to Stuttgart and "The Messenger" was really one of the best songst they ever played :/ I really hope they will play it again in Frankfurt!

This was fucking amazing!

Please LP don't change the good new songs with good old... Just rotate good old with good old... It's the A THOUSAND SUNS Tour! And The Messenger was really one of the best Live Performances!!!

Agree KATHYxx! The first time I saw this post, I felt a little ashamed that it had to come down to this. To quote the original post; this question was asked, "Do you like the fact that the band took notice to the problem a lot of fans had and changed it up?" By no means was this A PROBLEM. Playing the exact same setlist for shows shouldn't have to be a problem. We have to respect that most of their focus is on the ATS song lineup. I'm grateful that they are even making the slightest tweaks to their shows. Here, I'll finish the title to this post based off the attitude: "So they listened.....Only because we kept whining, complaining, and bitching about their already awesome setlist." Hopefully we won't beg like this again and the only complaining that will happen will be directed to those who should stop whining in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I love the info this site brings to the table on an everyday basis, but sometimes, it can get excessive of what we really "want".

LFY is pretty badass. I love how they're switching up the sets a little. I'd still love to see some really different songs played on occasion though. Such as Qwerty and stuff they never play. Imagine Qwerty being in the beginning of the set along with Given Up and Wretches.

Another thing I remembered now:

In 2009, me and other guys posted some suggestions about what Mike could sing over Points intro. Then he used some of our suggestions live, and since that time I guess the band cares about what your fans think...

Lying From You and LOATR sounded amazing! I'm happy they are changing it up and these are the songs I hope for:

Don't Stay

Figure.09

Points of Authority

Burning in the Skies

Somwhere I Belong

From the Inside

Pushing Me Away

With You.

It would be awesome if all of these were played the same night, but i know that won't happen so if all these songs were played over time. (a couple each show) would be aawesome