Live Songs Featuring in Four Part Series

hahninator

As the Linkin Park news is slowing down a bit and with rehearsals about to start up for Linkin Park (the first show is less than a month away), we decided to do a four part series on the live songs for the band just to get some discussion going about the touring for the band and the song performances. Since we did a live poll in 2013 about what rarer songs you wanted to see performed live, we thought it'd be a bit redundant to do the same thing again.

This time, we are doing a four part series starting shortly featuring about five or six songs that fit into each category. We definitely have some songs in mind for each, but if you want to submit your ideas for each category - feel free to join in!

The winners of our 2013 live poll were (top 10, in order):

Figure.09

P5hng Me A*wy

Don't Stay

Reading My Eyes

Easier To Run

High Voltage (Reprise Version)

Wretches & Kings

And One

No More Sorrow

The four part series that we are doing (dealing with the live songs in the setlists) will have the titles of:

Songs We Need To See More Of

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back

If you want to help us out, feel free! Part one will be coming soon!

Songs We Need To See More Of:

- A Place For My Head

- Lying From You

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break:

- Numb

- Numb

- Numb

- Numb

- Numb

- Numb

- Numb

- LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

- Burn It Down

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back:

- P5hng Me A*wy

- No More Sorrow

- Figure.09

- And One

- Wretches And Kings

- Reading My Eyes

- A.06

-----

Maybe five parts with "Songs the band never played at all/as far as we know"?

Songs We Need To See More Of..no more sorrow...from the inside..blackout

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live..what Iv done..in the end..faint

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break...numb...breaking the habit and crawling..burn in down

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back...forgotten...hit the floor...figure 09..P5hng Me A*wy..runaway

Edited by HAARP

High energy songs in the set, not all just singles.

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live:

Lies Greed Misery, Points Of Authority, Castle Of Glass, One Step Closer, What I've Done

Numb, New Divide, Ballad Medley, Burn It Down

No More Sorrow, When They Come For Me

Since The Hunting Party will have a bunch of high energy rock songs that are super heavy, LP needs to get rid of some of the slower stuff that just wouldn't fit well with The Hunting Party tracks. Mid tempo rockers like What I've Done can stay, but do away with Ballad Medley and New Divide and shit. Burn It Down kind of sucks live because Chester can't really nail the chorus very well ever, so that is why I said that. Numb is just tiresome, I wanted to see a piano version but they never did that, and it wouldn't go well with The Hunting Party tracks, IMO. The band nails stuff like Lies Greed Misery, Points Of Authority and One Step Closer. They also do good on Castle Of Glass, IMO, keep that one. What I've Done always sounds good, IMO. Maybe replace Given Up with Keys To The Kingdom since it seems that it will be of the same nature (lots of screaming and guitar riffs) plus it contains ''fuck'' in the chorus just like Given Up does. Give Given Up a much needed break, if so. I would LOVE to see No More Sorrow and When They Come For Me back in the set, the band does well on those and I miss them.

Edited by Geki

Songs We Need To See More Of: Figure .09, APFMH, By Myself, Forgotten, No More Sorrow, With You, And One, high Voltage.

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live: OSC, APFMH, With You, LITE, Given Up, No More Sorrow,

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break: Numb, Crawling, Faint, BIO, WFTE, In My Remains, The Crapalyst, Piano medley, LGM,

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back: In Pieces, Figure .09, APFMH, By Myself, Forgotten, No More Sorrow, With You, And One, high Voltage.

Like Geki said high energy songs in the set.

And i hope they never play. Hands Held High, n Between, The Little Things Give You Away, Roads Untraveled, Skin to Bone, Burning In The Skies, Robot Boy, Blackout, The Messenger, Iridescent.

Part Of Me

Carousel

High Voltage

I'll Be Gone

And One

Reading My Eyes

Skin To Bone

Powerless

By Myself

Forgotten

P5shng Me A*wy

QWERTY

Easier To Run

The Little Things Give You Away

When They Come For Me

One Step Closer

A Place For My Head

By Myself

Reading My Eyes

With You

Lost In The Echo

And One

Blackout

Papercut

Given Up

Bleed It Out

Faint

High Voltage

Numb

In The End

New Divide

Somewhere I Belong

Runaway

Ballad Medley

By Myself

A Place For My Head

Forgotten

And One

In Pieces

QWERTY

Reading My Eyes

Easier To Run

High Voltage

No More Sorrow

Lying From You

Songs We Need To See More Of: Like Geki and Joe said, high energy shit.

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live: Papercut, OSC, WY, POA, APFMH, LFY, WID (sometimes), WTCFM, LITE, LGM, COG

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break: Numb, ND, Ballad Medley, Catalyst, GU, Faint, BID, BIO

Songs That Would Be Welcomed Back: Reading My Eyes, And One, High Voltage, By Myself, P5hng Me Aw*y, Figure .09, From The Inside, No More Sorrow, Blackout, Wretches and Kings

Songs We Need To See More Of: APFMH, With You, Runaway, Blackout;

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live: OSC, Papercut, Given Up;

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break: Crawling, Numb, In The End, Burn It Down;

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back: P5hng Me A*wy, Figure.09, Nobody's Listening, In Pieces, Don't Stay, And One.

Songs We Need To See More Of: Breaking the Habit (they stopped playing it for a little bit, needs to be at EVERY show), QWERTY, Leave Out All the Rest (in full)

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live: pretty much every song tbh

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break: Ballad Medley

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back: A Place For My Head, Don't Stay, From the Inside, Pushing Me Away, Crawling, In My Remains, Wretches and Kings, Blackout, In Pieces, And One

Edited by Bliss

Songs We Need To See More Of: Waiting for The End (Apaches intro optional, no ext outro), OSC, BIO, WTCFM, Victimized/QWERTY, The Catalyst

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live: Blackout, With You, In The End, Papercut, LFY, What I've Done, Faint, APFMH, Castle of Glass

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break: Ballad Melody, Numb, Given Up, Crawling, SIB, LITE, Tinfoil (Possibly replace it with CFTI or Session)

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back: Nobody's Listening, Don't Stay, By Myself (possibly 03 intro), Figure 09, And One, Forgotten, Pshng Me Awy, Frgt 10, In Pieces, High Voltage, It's Goin Down, Hit the Floor, My December (studio version)

Songs We Need To See More Of: HT Songs, Joe Hahn's Instrumentals (CFTI, Session, Technique), The ones that hasn't been played yet: Blackbirds, Robot Boy (somehow), I'll Be Gone, And The Hunting Party, of course

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live: All of them

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break: Somewhere I Belong, Bleed It Out, and ATS and LT songs, except for Iridescent and Castle Of Glass

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back: Don't Stay, Pushing Me Away (HT, Piano or Reanimation), Runaway, Crawling, In My Remains, Wretches and Kings, In Pieces, And One, Carousel, Easier To Run

I WANNA HEAR ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK !!! lm/

Songs We Need To See More Of: APFMH (Why isn't in every set yet?), WTCFM

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live: APFMH, WTCFM, OSC

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break: BTH, Numb, ITE (play Enth E Nd instead), Ballad Medley

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back: FTI, Blackout, Don't Stay, IMR, And One, W&K

By the way, why are you guys including songs that have either been played at least within the last two tours (Asia and early 2014), i.e. APFMH, WY, and BTH, songs we KNOW are coming back, i.e. HT songs, and songs that should take a break even though they haven't been played for awhile, i.e. Crawling? Just curious.

I really want LP to play every album song they have yet to play. Robot Boy, I'll Be Gone, Roads Untraveled, Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks, Powerless. Mostly wanna hear Robot Boy and for sure Powerless. I really love Powerless, and there's no reason they can't play it.

Songs to welcome back: And One, Forgotten, Don't Stay, Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, Figure.09, Nobody's Listening, Valentine's Day, QWERTY (2006 version).

I wish The Messenger was played exactly how it is on the album. It's too monotone live

Edited by Southpaw818

I wish The Messenger was played exactly how it is on the album. It's too monotone live

I totally wish that it was performed like on the album as well. I've always thought that. But this is an extremely unpopular opinion here.

Songs We Need To See More Of: LIES GREED MISERYA PLACE FOR MY HEADPAPERCUTVICTIMIZED/QWERTYWhen They Come For MeThe CatalystA Light That Never Comes

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live:PapercutLIES GREED MISERYBURN IT DOWNNumbBallad MedleyA Place For My HeadWaiting For The EndBleed It OutBreaking The Habit

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break:With You (love it, but Chester just sounds too bad on this 80% of the time)One Step Closer (worst fucking song) In The End (overhyped) Given Up (sounds good, but its killing Chester's vocals quickly)CASTLE OF GLASS (Probaby their worst live song ever)

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back:No More SorrowValentine's DayWretches and KingsLOATRQWERTYPushing Me AwayHigh VoltageBurning In The SkiesAnd One

Edited by Broman

Songs We Need To See More Of: A Place For My Head , Lying From You , Victimized , Lost In The Echo , The Catalyst , Faint (With New Outro) , With You , Bleed It Out (With new outro and intro) ,......

Songs That Should Admittedly Take A Break: Numb , Numb , Numb , LGM , BID , .....

Songs That Would Be Gladly Welcomed Back: All of the other songs

and I hope someday they playing Powerless

- QWERTY

- From the Inside

- Burning in the Skies

- In Pieces

- A place for my Head

- Papercut

- New Divide

- Breaking the Habit

- Lies Greed Misery

- Crawling

- High Voltage

- Forgotten

- Figure.09

- Pushing me away (reanimation)

And please play Roads Untraveled.

A Place For My Head

The Catalyst

Blackout

Victimized

In My Remains

When They Come For Me

A Light That Never Comes (full band)

Songs The Band Has Been Nailing Live:

pretty much every song at some point...except Burn It Down

In The End

Somewhere I Belong

Numb

Shadow of the Day

What I've Done

New Divide

Burn It Down

Lies Greed Misery

And One

Step Up

By Myself

Cure For The Itch

It's Goin' Down

P5hng Me A*wy

Easier To Run

Hit The Floor

Figure.09 (with Blood, Anger, Suffer transition to From The Inside)

Session

QWERTY

Reading My Eyes

Leave Out All The Rest (in full)

We Made It

Burning In The Skies

Edited by Rasputin 93

- From the Inside

- Figure.09

- With You

- Points of Authority

- Lying from You

- With You

- I'd say every Hybrid Theory song...

- From the Inside

- Figure.09

- No More Sorrow

- Victimized

- Lies Greed Misery

- Waiting for the End

- What I've Done

- Burn It Down

- Given Up

- In My Remains

- Wretches and Kings

- Figure.09

- Easier to Run

- Forgotten

- By Myself

- Pushing me Away

- No more Sorrow

I wish it too, but I think it would be too hard for Chester. I think he tried it a bit, by hitting some high and raspy notes in 2010, and in 2012 where they played IMR acoustic at a LPU summit or something.

I think everybody pretty much agrees to drop "Numb". To me that song has been played sooo many times, it's played out. (ha..ha..)

A.06, Qwerty, Forgotton, Victimized, And One, P5shng Me A*wy, By Myself, Lying From You, Papercut, Wretches and Kings, The Catalyst, Given Up, Pretend To Be, Across The Line,

Faint, One Step Closer, Bleed It Out, What I've Done, Lying From You, Papercut, Qwerty, Shove It (Deftones cover) Wish (Nine Inch Nails cover)

Numb, In The End, Castle Of Glass, Ballad Medley, Burn It Down, Breaking The Habit

A.06, And One, Qwerty, Forgotton, Hiphop Medley, From The Inside, By Myself, A Place For My Head, The Wake 2.0.

Songs That could be performed better

Victimized, Lost In The Echo

Edited by Jawnson

Songs we need to see more of: A Place For My Head, From The Inside, Blackout, When They Come For Me.

Songs the band has been nailing live: A Place For My Head, Papercut, Lost In The Echo, Castle Of Glass, Lies Greed Misery, In My Remains, Faint, With You, One Step Closer, Bleed It Out.

Songs that should admittedly take a break:

New Divide, Numb.

Songs that would be gladly welcomed back: Burning In The Skies, No More Sorrow, The Little Things Give You Away, Forgotten, Pushing Me Away, In My Remains, Crawling, Hands Held High.