Surface Remix Project: 'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES'

Skipees

From indabamusic.com:

"A collaboration between Linkin Park and Steve Aoki could only be epic. Their new single "A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES" is the perfect blend of Aoki's EDM and Linkin Park's unique rock/rap fusion. You can stream the single for free at music.Xbox.com.

Now, we want you to create your most epic remix of "A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES". Download the stems and get to work.

The Surface Remix Project is a new software/hardware product from Microsoft which will allow everyone from expert producers to everyday music fans to create remixes. The application will enable users to remix recent major artist hits, iconic classics, and songs by our very own Indaba members—all prepared especially for remixing. Check out surfaceremixproject.com for more info.

BONUS: Submit with mixes from your Surface Music Kit to receive exclusive content from Linkin Park.

Grand Prize Winner:

$2,500

Surface Pro 2 and the Surface Music Kit by Microsoft

Premiere release on Xbox Music

Inclusion on an upcoming Linkin Park EP.

5 Runners Up:

$500

Surface 2 and the Surface Music Kit by Microsoft.

3 Popular Vote Winners:

A 1 year Pro membership to Indaba Music."

Click here to sign up and download the stems.

Inclusion on an upcoming Linkin Park EP.

Parallel universe release:

1. A Light That Never Comes (Main Version)

2. A Light That Never Comes (Winner Remix)

3. Another song with Steve Aoki

4. Another song with Steve Aoki

Earth release:

2. A Light That Never Comes (Instrumental)

3. A Light That Never Comes (Acapella)

4. A Light That Never Comes (Rick Rubin Reboot)

5. A Light That Never Comes (JH Mix)

6. A Light That Never Comes (Twoloud Remix)

7. A Light That Never Comes (Winner Remix)

Parallel universe release:

2. A Light That Never Comes (Instrumental)

3. A Light That Never Comes (Acapella)

4. A Light That Never Comes (Rick Rubin Reboot)

5. A Light That Never Comes (JH Mix)

6. A Light That Never Comes (Twoloud Remix)

7. A Light That Never Comes (Winner Remix)

Earth release:

1. BURN IT DOWN (Remix)

2. BURN IT DOWN (Remix)

3. BURN IT DOWN (Remix)

4. BURN IT DOWN (Remix)

5. BURN IT DOWN (Remix)

6. A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Winner)

Fixed that for you.

Yay, more remixes, that's just what we need ^^

I think it's cool that the band does something like this, it's not the first time, but I know that a lot of people are into remixing, and it's a great opportunity to get their work out. People have been remixing LP as long as I can remember, even 10 years ago there was a huge amount of fan remixes. Some people even collected them, had them in their trade lists.

Yay, more remixes, that's just what we need ^^

I think it's cool that the band does something like this, it's not the first time, but I know that a lot of people are into remixing, and it's a great opportunity to get their work out. People have been remixing LP as long as I can remember, even 10 years ago there was a huge amount of fan remixes. Some people even collected them, had them in their trade lists.

I REALLY wish Agent2594/DJ Bloodfrost was still around. Would love to see what he'd come up with, with access to stems/current recording technology.

So I'm guessing the winning track will be included on LPU 13?

I don't think so, since you can send your remix until 20.11 and LPU13 release date is around 22.11. So they need to choose the winners, and after that make and pack all the LPU CD.. A lot of work.

I'm going to attempt to make a more "Minutes To Midnight" styled remix of the song, because I am not really sure I can make the song heavy, but I can try. For one thing, I can tell everyone right now that it's going to sound ridiculously close to "What I've Done", not that it's a bad thing, but geez.. the song is so similar, especially when you start stripping it down. There are so many little issues in the song like backing vocals being out of sync with the lead vocals at parts, the guitar work literally being slapped together, idk I feel they didn't spend enough time on it. Steve's EDM stuff completely hides most of the mistakes, though. I hope I can make it before the deadline (are we sure it's the 20th?) I want to finally participate in one.

Edited by BrandonYancar