Photo

The reason why 'State Of The Art' was never released?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 heartless_wind13

heartless_wind13

Roadie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Fuck Limp Bizkit! And Fuck Lethal! The stuff I have heard from his mouth....I can't fathom.

agreed
Shows:
2007 - Bamboozle, Mansfield, Hartford, Syracuse
2008 - Manchester, Hartford
2009 - NYC (DBS), Ulalume (DBS)

2010 - NYC
2011 - Boston, NYC

#42 M_Macd

M_Macd

Lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

I like Limp Bizkit for the same reason that I like Die Antwoord, or a Monty Python film for that matter. It is all tongue-in-cheek. If you are evaluating any of those things on a scale of artistic integrity, you're doing it all wrong.

The first (and possibly only) time I will see Limp Bizkit and Monty Python in the same sentence! Surely there are laws against this sort of thing! :P I jest dude, each to their own

#43 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

I can learn to respect people's opinions. but as i said before, i never did understand the love for limp bizkit I hate Nickleback but i can see why some people like them I hate Justin Bieber but i can see why girls would like him I hate katy perry but again I can see why they would like her and i respect those people's opinions. But limp bizkit is the one group/artists I could never do that with

2012 and 2013 Concerts:

http://lplive.net/fo...e=9#entry218871

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
November 26th- Modern Baseball, Knuckle Puck, Crying, Somos, Sundressed (Club Red, Mesa, AZ)

#44 murphyLP

murphyLP

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Limp Bizkit is well known for "changing opinion" when itīs suitable to them...

The best way to describe them is here

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YY_y6eyNCbo

Eminem made it for us... =)

#45 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Limp Bizkit is well known for "changing opinion" when itīs suitable to them...

The best way to describe them is here

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YY_y6eyNCbo

Eminem made it for us... =)

My favorite Eminem diss song

2012 and 2013 Concerts:

http://lplive.net/fo...e=9#entry218871

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
November 26th- Modern Baseball, Knuckle Puck, Crying, Somos, Sundressed (Club Red, Mesa, AZ)

#46 Legend

Legend

Certified Badass

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Lethal needs to stop talking and start trying to catch up mutha fuckaaaaaa

I used to be an Administrator here, then I took an arrow in the knee.

#47 AlexonlyAlex

AlexonlyAlex

Captain Captain

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Lethal needs to stop talking and start trying to catch up mutha fuckaaaaaa

True dat

Posted Image

#48 StuckNMove

StuckNMove

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

What band is still touring the world, played on alt rock radio stations regularly, still on a major label? ...Exactly.

Edited by StuckNMove, 03 January 2012 - 09:47 PM.

My Collection

LPST Since 2003

May 6, 2007 - Bamboozle | New Jersey (Backstage)
Feb 18, 2008 - Verizon Arena | Manchester (M&G)
Feb 1, 2011 - TD Bank Garden | Boston (M&G)

#49 Rob_Wilson

Rob_Wilson

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

I'll be honest I like both bands and if it wasn't for My Way by Limp Bizkit I would probably have never found Linkin Park ha! How times change! Anyway as silly as this topic is I just saw another tweet by Lethal about a track LB did with Jay-Z called Rebel but it never got released 'cause Jay wanted too much money - slight coincidence that these tracks don't get released for one money issue or another :/

"@ShaunBrimson: @djlethal there's a Limp track with JayZ! How do I not have this! Hook me up bruva!" < it never came out.He wanted a lot of$

Seen LP Live:
25.01.08, Sheffield, England
29.06.08, Milton Keynes, England, PR:UK

01.08.09, Knebworth, England, Sonisphere Festival
19.02.10, London, England (Dead by Sunrise)

04.11.10, Manchester, England (Meet & Greet)
09.11.10, Birmingham, England

12.06.11, Donington, England, Download Festival
04.07.11, London, England, iTunes Festival

#50 LGraham

LGraham

Rebel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'll be honest I like both bands and if it wasn't for My Way by Limp Bizkit I would probably have never found Linkin Park ha! How times change! Anyway as silly as this topic is I just saw another tweet by Lethal about a track LB did with Jay-Z called Rebel but it never got released 'cause Jay wanted too much money - slight coincidence that these tracks don't get released for one money issue or another :/

it's funny that LB seem unwilling to pay people saying "ohh they wanted too much money" surely them refusing to pay artists to feature on their tracks shows that THEY want too much money...

"Science explains why something is, but not what it feels like.
Blood & Chemistry is about working out the world when neither satisfy you"

I go to lots of gigs

#51 Astat

Astat

Rebel

• VIP
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

it's funny that LB seem unwilling to pay people saying "ohh they wanted too much money" surely them refusing to pay artists to feature on their tracks shows that THEY want too much money...

It could also be because...

A. They burned all their bridges within the music industry because of their unreliability (see: The Unquestionable Truth Part 2, DJ Lethal's solo album, etc.), bad attitude, and even worse business practices, or...
B. They're broke because nobody gives a crap about Limp Bizkit anymore, thanks to years of sub-par musical output, a long hiatus that involved Fred Durst becoming a borderline hermit, and Wes Borland leaving and returning to the band on a seemingly annual basis.

Mike Shinoda ‏@mikeshinoda

@lplive Contrary to popular belief, none of us actually know what we're talking about. FYI

#52 LGraham

LGraham

Rebel

• Moderators
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

It could also be because...

A. They burned all their bridges within the music industry because of their unreliability (see: The Unquestionable Truth Part 2, DJ Lethal's solo album, etc.), bad attitude, and even worse business practices, or...
B. They're broke because nobody gives a crap about Limp Bizkit anymore, thanks to years of sub-par musical output, a long hiatus that involved Fred Durst becoming a borderline hermit, and Wes Borland leaving and returning to the band on a seemingly annual basis.

hahaha could be...
either way, my only response to Limp Bizkit's failure at anything other than a tired nostalgia act is simply this:

"good"

there's a REASON that Linkin Park have headlined Sonisphere numerous times and Limp Bizkit is just a supporting band...

Edited by LGraham, 06 January 2012 - 11:15 AM.

"Science explains why something is, but not what it feels like.
Blood & Chemistry is about working out the world when neither satisfy you"

I go to lots of gigs

#53 sublimeric

sublimeric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

You're not sounding like an asshole, rather like someone who doesn't even have knowledge about a band you bitch about. Just because the band is hated and not many talking about them anymore in the US does not mean they are bad nor irrelevant in other continents. In my opnion, Limp Bizkit did better stuff than Linkin Park in the past few years even if their promotion is so fucked up which isn't only their fault though (that's why they split from Interscope Records!). Anyone here have seen Limp Bizkit live in the past 3 years ? (Yes, this goes out to almost all non US people because they haven't been doing a real tour in the states yet!). EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE who saw a headline show will agree with me that they wish that Linkin Park brought this energy. Yes, I am stating that Limp Bizkit is still the band with the sickest concerts nowadays. Go on YouTube and watch live footage of songs you like (if there are any), you will always see the people going crazy and the band as well.

Lethal bitching about Chester via Twitter is not mature at all of course, I agree on that. However, I still am on the LB side, like it or not, they at least know what's up when it comes to bringing concerts with much energy.

Great post, and agreed 100%. LBF or GFY!

As for Chester & Lethal, I'd like to know more...especially why Lethal would do business the way he did. Why throw away 25k if he knew the label could veto the track? Did Chester give him the impression that all the legal stuff was taken care of? Or did Chester go to the label and have it blocked, since he's made it known that he didn't like the song?

There's a lot we don't know about the situation, and it sucks to see things immediately degenerate to "Limp sucks!" instead of trying to figure out what went down. On the bright side, Lethal DID release the high quality version of it, so what's the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users