62 replies to this topic

#1 Hahninator

Hahninator

A Place For My Head

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,312 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

Linkin Park kicks off their Asian leg of their fall tour in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong. Chek Lap Kok is an island in Hong Kong where the Hong Kong International Airport sits. The Asia-World Expo is also located there, which contains the Asia-World Arena - the spot of the Linkin Park show. Hong Kong, a former British territory and a current city-state of China (like Macao) is the only spot in China where LP will be playing this fall. The band has played there twice before, once in 2004 (show page here) and then on the 5th show of their 2007 Asian Tour (show page here).

As we all know, Linkin Park played two warm-up shows, one being the Secret Show for Japan, in Las Vegas (show page here) and Los Angeles (show page here) last week. The setlists were a variation of Europe's B16 set but came with one surprise: the return of 'Cure For The Itch' for the first time since the last show of Projekt Revolution 2008. This is the version they debuted in Mountain View, CA in 2007 (show page here) - what we call the "MTM Tour Version":

In Los Angeles, LP dropped 'Empty Spaces' and 'When They Come For Me' for the first time since they were introduced to the setlists in October 2010 in Buenos Aires, Argentina (show page here). They instead replaced them with 'The Messenger', which wasn't played at all in Europe (except for the acoustic part of the LPU Summit in Hamburg - show page here). The last time it was played at a regular show before Los Angeles was in Phoenix on the winter tour (show page here) - a nice six month break for the song.

We've all also seen Pooch's posts on Facebook... "Loading out after successful rehearsal. Worked on some new stuff for upcoming Asia shows. YAY." and "Different set lists at some shows. Can't tell you what they will be, but definitely different from Europe." It's well known that LP usually practices their "well known" sets at the beginning of the tour though, so it's possible Hong Kong will get another setlist variation that they played in Vegas and LA. However, at some point during this tour I think it's safe to say we'll be getting something awesome. What do you guys think it will be? Will they debut 'Robot Boy' finally? Will they drop in 'With You', like they've been hinting at over the past year? Or will we get something else? What would you like LP to surprise us with?

Who from LPLive is headed to the Hong Kong show? M&G for anyone for the first show? Or perhaps some live updates during the show?

After a day off on the 7th, LP plays in Seoul, Korea on the 8th before doing five in a row in Japan. This tour is sure to be an exciting one, with a three-day LPU Summit coming in Tokyo as well as an Indonesian show and plenty more. All of the 2011 fall tour dates can be found here - be sure to check back here on LPLive for full coverage of the entire tour, as always!

SETLIST:
01. The Requiem
02. Faint
03. Lying From You
04. Given Up
05. What I've Done
06. No More Sorrow
07. From The Inside
08. Jornada Del Muerto
09. Waiting For The End
10. Burning In The Skies
11. Numb
12. The Radiance (Live Version)
13. Iridescent
14. Fallout
15. The Catalyst
16. Shadow Of The Day
17. In The End
18. Bleed It Out (w/ 'A Place For My Head' & drum solo bridge)
----------------------------------------
19. Empty Spaces
20. When They Come For Me
21. Papercut
22. New Divide
23. Crawling
24. One Step Closer

The Hunting Party World Tour 2015
1/15 Orlando, 1/17 Nashville, 1/23 Atlantic City, 1/25 Brooklyn, 1/28 Greensboro, 5/17 Columbus

#2 MacGyver

MacGyver

Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

Well I hope this setlist be different from the other 2 previous shows and I hope we can get something different

RESIDENT SKUMFUK
Can I ask a question? What makes you happy? I wonder what makes you happy does it make others happy, too?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2hrfqkj.jpg

#3 daniel624

daniel624

Roadie

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

Me and larisa, another LPL member, are going to the show + LPU M&G I'll try to provide live updates

LP shows:

Nov 20 2007 Hong Kong | Aug 16 2009 Macao | Sept 6 2011 Hong Kong | Aug 15 2013 Hong Kong (LPU SUMMIT) | Jul 19 2015 Shenzhen

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

HK1-resized2.jpg

#4 linkin_boss

linkin_boss

Darkness Traveler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

Me and larisa, another LPL member, are going to the show + LPU M&G
I'll try to provide live updates

good to know it :D... hopefully we will finally get something interesting in that setlist :D

#5 airninja81

airninja81

Lurker

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:49 AM

I'm starting to think that Robot Boy would never be played live :(

#6 Geki

Geki

Rebel

• Banned
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

It will probably be the same set as the last two shows with the addition of When They Come For Me.

#7 larisa

larisa

Roadie

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:06 AM

*finally I remember this account login name and now I can use back this account here lol* yea as daniel said I'll go to this show and the m&g as well, hope I can put some updates to you guys, I try my best. my twitter will be the way I put updates, my twitter link is on my signature

My Contacts:
Twitter // Tumblr
2009.08.16 - Linkin Park Live in Macau | 2011.09.06 - Linkin Park Live in Hong Kong
Linkin Park Hong Kong Fans Forum: http://lphkfc.com
http://30.media.tumb...dpl9ro1_500.gif

#8 virusx360

virusx360

Casual

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

Cure For The Itch (MTM Tour Version) = The Cure [from the Album STUDIO FINALS]
I HATE SIGNATURES!

#9 Lordofdonuts

Lordofdonuts

Roadie

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:43 AM

I don't think they'll play RB before Japan, so I predict they'll the same set as Vegas or LA.
22.01.2008 - Linkin Park, Paris Bercy 21.11.2009 - Dead By Sunrise, Grand Palais 25.10.2010 - Linkin Park, Paris Bercy 01.07.2011 - Linkin Park, Arras

#10 LPU90

LPU90

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

I'm sure they'll play the same set but maybe they switch some songs I want wretches and kings back but I doubt it.

Edited by LPU90, 05 September 2011 - 09:44 AM.

I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER

#11 DecanoLP

DecanoLP

Idol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

It will probably be the same set as the last two shows with the addition of When They Come For Me.

Agreed.
"Singing at their top of their lungs, being passionate, some people cry when their favourite song comes on, people rip their clothes off... This never happens anywhere except in music. And that's beautiful." - Chester Bennington

#12 Hahninator

Hahninator

A Place For My Head

• Staff
  • 9,312 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Not even close to the same thing at all. The Cure is a CFTI demo basically and CFTI MTM Tour Version is a remix. They don't even sound the same.

I think same set here as Vegas. Robot Boy in Japan when they do ATS front to back (another prediction).

The Hunting Party World Tour 2015
1/15 Orlando, 1/17 Nashville, 1/23 Atlantic City, 1/25 Brooklyn, 1/28 Greensboro, 5/17 Columbus

#13 StaticXero

StaticXero

Carousel

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

i think, the only new things are new intros/outros and another setlist arrangement...

#14 rav0k

rav0k

The Watcher

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

i think, the only new things are new intros/outros and another setlist arrangement...

Shame on Linkin Park for not creating brand new songs for every single show that they play.

#15 Astat

Astat

Rebel

• VIP
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

They use some of the same "alternate" voice samples at the beginning, but no, they are definitely not identical.

Mike Shinoda ‏@mikeshinoda

@lplive Contrary to popular belief, none of us actually know what we're talking about. FYI

#16 Xero21

Xero21

Idol

• 1,718 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

I'd say for the first couple shows, this is correct. But Pooch said new stuff is coming, and we can agree he's a pretty reliable source, am I right? So I think it's safe to say we'll get something during this tour.

Edited by Xero21, 05 September 2011 - 10:14 PM.

the proud new admin at fuckyeahlinkinpark.tumblr.com follow us!

#17 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• 2,963 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

So what time is it in hong kong?

2012/2013 Concerts:- http://lplive.net/fo...e=9#entry218871
2014/2015 Concerts:
(2014) February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
(2015) April 6th- Ariana Grande and Rixton (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ), May 22nd- Lana Del Rey and Courtney Love (Ampitheater Northwest, Ridgefield, WA), June 27th- Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Cole Swindell, Brantley Gilbert, and OD (Century Link Field, Seattle, WA)

July 25th- Train, The Fray, and Matt Nathanson (The Gorge Amphitheatre, Quincy, WA)
August 8th- Taylor Swift and Vance Joy (Century Link Field, Seattle, WA)

#18 RulezD00d

RulezD00d

Casual

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

it's 2:38 PM

#19 daniel624

daniel624

Roadie

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:46 AM

It's 2:45pm here in Hong Kong LP is scheduled on stage in 5 hours and 15 minutes I'm so excited!!!

LP shows:

Nov 20 2007 Hong Kong | Aug 16 2009 Macao | Sept 6 2011 Hong Kong | Aug 15 2013 Hong Kong (LPU SUMMIT) | Jul 19 2015 Shenzhen

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

HK1-resized2.jpg

#20 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• 2,963 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:02 AM

Awesome, so when I wake up the setlist will be here :) Have fun if your going

2012/2013 Concerts:- http://lplive.net/fo...e=9#entry218871
2014/2015 Concerts:
(2014) February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
(2015) April 6th- Ariana Grande and Rixton (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ), May 22nd- Lana Del Rey and Courtney Love (Ampitheater Northwest, Ridgefield, WA), June 27th- Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Cole Swindell, Brantley Gilbert, and OD (Century Link Field, Seattle, WA)

July 25th- Train, The Fray, and Matt Nathanson (The Gorge Amphitheatre, Quincy, WA)
August 8th- Taylor Swift and Vance Joy (Century Link Field, Seattle, WA)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users