18.06.2011 - Leipzig, Germany

On the 18th, Linkin Park plays in Leipzig, Germany at the Festwiese. This is a pretty cool venue (image here) so perhaps this is why they are hosting their second Projekt Revolution show of 2011 there! One thing you need to know about the venue is that there are no seats - it's all standing. An interesting note is that this is the second show in a row for the band where they have never played in that city before. 2011 marks the first time LP has played in both Helsinki, Finland as well as Leipzig. Oddly enough, these are the first two shows all year where the band hasn't played in a city on the current tour before. I believe the last city that was new to them was Canberra, Australia last December.

Guano Apes, Anberlin, dredg, and Middle Class Rut are on the bill for this edition of Projekt Revolution. 75,000 people can fit at this outdoor venue, so let's see how many show up for Linkin Park!

The video for today comes from the Helsinki show and it's 'Burning In The Skies' (disregard the incorrect video title by the uploader). Why did I pick this one? I picked this video for today because this is the only time I've ever seen anyone jump on the choruses of the song. Europe, you really impress me with your crowds!

This is the first show in Germany in 2011. In 2010, LP kicked off their European Tour in Germany and sold out five shows (Berlin, Stuttgart, Köln, Hamburg, and Frankfurt) there so a sixth show (Dortmund) was requested by the promoter (MLK). The first five German shows in 2010 were the first shows to be announced for "A Thousand Suns", being announced all the way back in June (see the press release here). LP played thirteen shows in the country on the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle (2007-2009), so Germany is a force to be fucking reckoned with. Three more shows in Germany are left on this tour. Projekt Revolution continues on the 19th in Oberursel at the Hessentagsarena and ends in München at the Messegelände München Riem on the 25th. In between those shows, LP hosts another LPU Summit in Hamburg on the 21st and plays in Moscow for the Transformers 3 Premiere on the 23rd at the almighty Red Square.

When this tour kicked off in the US, the band played two similar sets in Irvine (show page here) and Mountain View (show page here), and then kept the Mountain View set for the first two shows in Europe at NovaRock and Download. In Stockholm (show page here) and Helsinki (show page here), LP stuck with their B13 set with 'Burning In The Skies' instead of 'Blackout' in there. Since they've rotated after the first two Europe shows, do you think they'll rotate again now for Leipzig?

What songs would you like to see? Will they play 'Wretches & Kings' at all on this tour? Or their famous Set A-1 that they played in Europe last year? Or will they stick with B13 again? Do you think we'll see 'Blackout' again this year? Someone should request 'Reading My Eyes' over 'Bleed It Out' at a M&G or something else cool if you guys want to see them change something up.

Who's headed out to Leipzig? Surely a good amount of people from LPLive since the hardcore German (and surrounding countries) fans usually turn out in big numbers for the shows! Did anyone score a M&G with LP? Is anyone going to be live-updating the set as LP plays?

All of the upcoming 2011 tour dates as well as show pages, setlists, ticket stubs and more from earlier in the tour and the year can be found here. Also, if you have ticket stubs for Helsinki or Stockholm, send them in! pics@lplive.net - We're trying to get a ticket for every 2011 show!

And hopefully the DSP's from the first few shows start getting released soon! Check those out here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Burning In The Skies

12. Numb

13. The Radiance (Live Version)

14. Breaking The Habit

15. Fallout

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. Faint

19. One Step Closer

---------------------

20. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

21. Iridescent

22. Blackout

23. New Divide

24. In The End

25. Bleed It Out

'Blackout' has returned! What do you guys think?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many shows made ​​in a country smaller than one of the 26 Brazilian states... while in Brazil only two shows were made...

Talking about the setlist: after the show yesterday, in Finland, I believe that few changes are made in Germany again! The point is that the band has gone through there last year with different setlists. Maybe some "surprise" happens...

But the way it is going to tour, some "new" really only in the LPU Summit.

Edited by Victor Del Porto

I think they're doing what they did in Europe in early 2008.

Show 1: Set 1

Show 2: Set 1

-

Show 3: Set 2

Show 4: Set 2

-

Show 5: Set 3

Show 6: Set 3

Then 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 I hope. Hopefully they do B11 with New Divide opening but I'm not holding my breath. A-1 was in Europe at every show last year so that'd be sad if Germany got that one AGAIN lol. Maybe they'll do a new one or something. Regardless I hope 'Blackout' is in there and if they top it off with 'Wretches & Kings' mid-set, that'd be cool. .....and then 'A Place For My Head'. Haha na, it'd never happen :P

I'll be at every show in germany...

didn't score a M&G again.. (nor did I at the 6 shows last fall) but I'll attend the summit...

I'm already in Leipzig, because my grandparents live here so it's pretty cool for me to get to the venue tomorrow.

there are some interesting facts about the venue LP's playing actually... right next to it there's the now called

red bull arena, former "Zentralstadion" which was renewed for the Soccer World Cup in 2006 which took place in germany.

this arena is one of the oldest in germany I think and it was used by both, the GDR and 3rd Reich Regimes... but that's

another story.. can't wait for the show tomorrow and for the rest of the tour...

make sure to say hi to the MFR guys in Leipzig and Oberursel because I'll work there at that dates =)

Cheers

I will go there too and I got a confirmation mail for the M&G :D

I also thought about asking for "Reading my eyes" over BIO ^^ I will ask the other M&G winners for asking Mike the same question, so Mike will get a lot of requests^^

Oh man I'm so nervous right now... can't wait!!!

Are they ever gonna play Robot Boy? I am surprised this is the last song on the album to be played. I was thinking Blackout would have been, but they proved wrong. As for it being boring, I see the point. In Between was nice because it's all Mike singing. Slow, but not Chester.

Can somebody, at some point, ask Mike to rap the end of And One over Bleed it Out?

That would just be amazing...

100 percent sure he has to look up the lyrics in the internet for this one once again lol. Would be too amazing though...

100 percent sure he has to look up the lyrics in the internet for this one once again lol. Would be too amazing though...

I could print the lyrics out and give them to him^^ yeah would be amazing to hear a piece of And One *__*

Edit: I printed it out and I'll take it with me tomorrow.. we'll see what will happen ;)

Edited by janaLP

I could print the lyrics out and give them to him^^ yeah would be amazing to hear a piece of And One *__*

Edit: I printed it out and I'll take it with me tomorrow.. we'll see what will happen ;)

it'd be awesome :D I'm looking forward :) I won't sleep xD

I'd like to hear Mike rapped the 2nd verse of Reading My Eyes over Bleed It Out as they alway do the 1st.

Don't think it's a problem as the rythm was the same

Edited by LPU90

It's great... .. .

new set, maybe then with you will be ?

as the song which opens the set.

what do you think ?

I think With You must be soudchecked and rehearsed

before it could be played because they don't played it for ages.

I think With You must be soudchecked and rehearsed

before it could be played because they don't played it for ages.

Mark said: Blackout was on the soundcheck," anybody know what else was played on the soundcheck ?