18.06.2011 - Leipzig, Germany

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg... finally I got a pic with Mike *__* he came straight to me after the M&G, took my cam and took a pic with me (I asked him at the M&G) He's so super nice :D

And the concert was so awesome too!! The crowd gave LP so much energie.

Here is a video (HD) of Lying from you ;)

You lucky, lucky girl.

FYI, Phoenix is now using his Z-tar on Blackout instead of playing the bassline on an MPC like he did in the past.

And as for the whole "Blackout makes the set" argument, as a musician, I have to say that if people were bitching that much about my setlists and then completely changed their opinion based on the inclusion of one song, I would seriously just start going on stage, playing that one song, and leaving. Why waste the effort of putting on a full show when people apparently don't give a shit about the other 24 songs? I'm convinced that the "ideal" LP setlist to some people would be the following:

1. With You

2. Figure.09

3. Blackout

4. A Place for My Head

End of show. Cue fanboy jizz-in-pants-a-thon.

Edited by Astat

1. With You

2. Figure.09

3. Blackout

4. A Place for My Head

Throw in QWERTY and you have a deal ;)

But yeah, you're right. I never join in with the setlist bitching 'cause it's just completely pointless. There are people who don't seem to realise that the band can't just chuck songs into the setlist, not only as they won't be rehearsed, but also because of the massive visual aspect of this tour.

I'd enjoy any LP show, regardless of the setlist, and if they throw in any old rarities, that's just a nice bonus.

FYI, Phoenix is now using his Z-tar on Blackout instead of playing the bassline on an MPC like he did in the past.

And as for the whole "Blackout makes the set" argument, as a musician, I have to say that if people were bitching that much about my setlists and then completely changed their opinion based on the inclusion of one song, I would seriously just start going on stage, playing that one song, and leaving. Why waste the effort of putting on a full show when people apparently don't give a shit about the other 24 songs? I'm convinced that the "ideal" LP setlist to some people would be the following:

1. With You

2. Figure.09

3. Blackout

4. A Place for My Head

I have videos of him @ soundcheck in Sunrise playing it on the Z-tar if you want them. I need to upload them. I'll post them in this thread. Mike said it was hard to do it "tech-wise" on that versus the MPC, so they just scrapped the idea for the US tour. I guess they had more time to work it out before this tour.

Yeah that's a great set. I'd rather see those 4 than the 20 I see every LP show.