Milton Keynes setlist was supposed to be different

Astat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They took out 1.5 songs and switched two other songs around. It's really not that different. We get way too worked up over setlists sometimes.

Still. DOYS/LFY and JW/F as closer makes setlist very unique for MTM tour. It would be bigger surprise for the crowd... MK show called as very special, but due those stupid changes show didn't have anything special...

I agree with Hahninator and others who thinks same ;D

Edited by And One LTU

They took out 1.5 songs and switched two other songs around. It's really not that different. We get way too worked up over setlists sometimes.

you dont understand. We always wanted a good Pro shot vid of RME ever since it was performed back in '06. Thats one thing it was stupid of them to have taken it out at the last moment. Unnecessary

secondly, theres a BIG difference between ending the show with BIO & JW/Faint. Its more epic with an explosive ending with Faint closing

Third. You got something here that MSG didnt get.

IMO there was a lot more potential for this show. Setlist wise but LP doesnt really believe in making seperate shows special.

They could have ended the show with OSC/99 Problems.

like here

20.Numb/Encore (1st Half)

21.Jigga What / Faint (Extended Outro) blend into

22. One Step Closer/99 Problems.

that could have worked perfectly. And they could have opened the show with No More Sorrow instead of OSC.

I think that OSC was a much better opener than NMS at least for this show. It was prob the best performance of the intro throughout the summer. It wud've been nice to hear POA / 99 Problems / OSC again, but there's a couple of probs w/ that. For one thing "99 Problems" was already played during Jay-Z's set. And #2 OSC was a show opener, LP usually sticks to the order of the sets. I also agree w/ And One LTU that having Jigga What / Faint close the show wud've been great, ev if I didn't really like the performance of it. The outro was still 10 / 10 material. Also I realize that everyone wants a Pro-Shot of RME, but ev if it didn't make the DVD or extra content, hearing it on the DSP still wud've been amazing! I think everyone seems to have forgotten the DSP for MK. And finally, idk why everyone hates BIO as a closer, it closed my show and it was amazing! It gave u that party vibe which I think was a great way to end the night!

Edited by LPPRJKT4

you dont understand. We always wanted a good Pro shot vid of RME ever since it was performed back in '06. Thats one thing it was stupid of them to have taken it out at the last moment. Unnecessary

secondly, theres a BIG difference between ending the show with BIO & JW/Faint. Its more epic with an explosive ending with Faint closing

Third. You got something here that MSG didnt get.

IMO there was a lot more potential for this show. Setlist wise but LP doesnt really believe in making seperate shows special. They could have ended the show with OSC/99 Problems.

like here

20.Numb/Encore (1st Half)

21.Jigga What / Faint (Extended Outro) blend into

22. One Step Closer/99 Problems.

that could have worked perfectly. And they could have opened the show with No More Sorrow instead of OSC.

They don't believe in making seperate shows special? They brought out Jay-Z and performed two of the CC songs. That's not exactly common.

I understand about Reading My Eyes, I think it would have been cool if that had been included too. That's it though.

Bleed It Out is just as big of an ending as Faint is. BiO gets the crowd involved and lets everyone have a lot of fun to end the show.

This wasn't a Collision Course show, they ended the show with a Linkin Park song as they should have. It was MtM tour so they ended with a MtM song.

Still. DOYS/LFY and JW/F as closer makes setlist very unique for MTM tour. It would be bigger surprise for the crowd... MK show called as very special, but due those stupid changes show didn't have anything special...

I agree with Hahninator and others who thinks same ;D

Having Jay-Z come out and do CC songs wasn't anything special?

Having Jay-Z come out and do CC songs wasn't anything special?

It wasn't ANYTHING special.

Because:

They did same tracks, which was played at NYC. No surprise.

Jay-Z on stage wasn't surprise, he was announced early...

Personally I think concert for DVD should be a bit more interesting than regular show from the tour. MK wasn't more special than any other show from tour. Personally I think MK was one of the worse shows of 2008 european summer tour.

This wasn't a Collision Course show, they ended the show with a Linkin Park song as they should have. It was MtM tour so they ended with a MtM song.

So most of summer european 2008 tour shows are "HT TOUR SHOWS", because those was closed with OSC??? That's STUPID! Edited by And One LTU

Wat up LPLive!!!

Just to let y'all know that is my original picture. I posted it up on my profile at LPU. You can find me on there. LPU name : thapoet

if y'all wana c me wid the setlist in my hand, i'll b happy to post a foto!

If LP did play this original setlist it would have been even more awesome!

Carry on the good work LPL nuff respect

LP4LYF

TP

\m/

:D

Edited by thapoet

Or shit just make it epic as hell and have them play all 6 LPJZ songs and open the set with NMS, throw in RME, IP, etc..VDay...other shit from MTM since it was an MTM show. Close with POA/99/OSC.

But then the label would say 'well this DVD has the six LPJZ songs PLUS a 13 song LP set, so people aren't gonna buy CC anymore (well duh, it came out in 2004, lmao). I still say they should have used the first MK setlist to REALLY make it a special show. Why they didn't sell MFR05 as an MFR-benefit DVD in 2005 I have no idea. FRGT10 live, all 6 LPJZ songs, epic production...dunno, lol.

Now I see why FTI is 2nd. We were going apeshit thinking they moved FTI and LFY just to have a new setlist so we criticized them to hell...well it actually had a point. There was going to be no LFY, lol. FTI 2nd would be smart in that case, but I dunno, I'm just not a fan at all of MK due to such a normal set. RME / DOYS/LFY would have made me buy 5 copies and flip my opinion 100%.

But, where did this come from? Haven't seen any confirmation on this yet even though it appeared on LP.com in the photos section (which everyone can upload to). Just like the fake PR08 setlists that were floating around. This seems logical to me of course but I'd like to see some more proof before I back it like I backed the PR08 fake sets. It always pays to be a little skeptical...don't believe *everything* you read.

The fake sets for the summer tour and PR08 kinda did seem too good to be true, I think we were all just desperate to hear something new so we believed it. As for this set it's actually kinda believable cuz RME was in the set and they did advertise this as an LP / Jay-Z show, not just an LP show, so DOFY / LFY and Jigga What / Faint as a show closer is also believable. I believe that this DVD was more for the mainstream fans, whereas LIT has more album songs than singles. (figure.09, with you, runaway, a place for my head, etc..) MK seems to be showing the softer side of LP and like I said, reaching out to mainstream music. I think that's why they decided to change the set.

http://linkinpark.com/photo/all/setlist_mk...?scope=uploaded - Original photo source (I rotated it to make it easier to read). Posted on LP.com by a member from the UK who attended the show.

Also, I believe Jay-Z did DOYS/LFY (without the LP verses) as part of his set that day? I know he did at Glastonbury. If he did, that's probably why they dropped that one and played LFY by itself instead.

MK seems to be showing the softer side of LP and like I said, reaching out to mainstream music. I think that's why they decided to change the set.

Which I would believe that there was someone (Warner) whispering in their ear to change the setlist to attract more "mainstream" fans. Rather than the smaller group of hardcore fans. Just my .02.

I really don't think changing the order slightly, substituting DOYS/LFY for the album version, and dropping Reading My Eyes qualifies as "changing the setlist to something softer" like you guys are saying...all the soft songs that were played at Milton Keynes would have still been played in either setlist.

Also, I believe Jay-Z did DOYS/LFY (without the LP verses) as part of his set that day? I know he did at Glastonbury. If he did, that's probably why they dropped that one and played LFY by itself instead.

Your actually right bout that. As far as i can rememeber Jay defo played '99 Problems, 'Jigga What', 'Big Pimpin', 'Public Service Annoucement' & 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder' [Collision Course beat, without LP]. Can't remember the rest of his set but if i heard some more of his songs it might bring me back to know what was played, but them songs were defo played for sure.

Yea I prob shud've made myself more clear on that And One, instead of them changing the set I meant Warner encouraging them, my bad! I realize if it was up to them they'd keep the old set to please both. I was thinking actually that if LP needed to reach out to the mainstream and shut us hardcore fans up, they shud've added "In Between" to the set. It still shows their softer side but it has Mike singing. I think that a Pro-Shot of that song wud make us all pretty happy. The only down side I see to that is that it wud make the set ev more similiar to MSG.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

I really don't think changing the order slightly, substituting DOYS/LFY for the album version, and dropping Reading My Eyes qualifies as "changing the setlist to something softer" like you guys are saying...all the soft songs that were played at Milton Keynes would have still been played in either setlist.

Exactly. If you stop and think about it the show and the DVD wouldn't have really been that different if they had used the original set.

I mean people would have been really happy to see Reading My Eyes on the DVD, but that's about it. If they had done DOYS/LFY, there would be people complaining that the DVD didn't have LFY and it's special new intro.

The only reason people think the original setlist is so epic is because it's different than what they got. The grass is always greener.

Lol we've been wanting new sets for a long time, the winter and summer arena tours gave us that. Once Projekt Rev. began LP began using the same sets they did on PR07 and we still didn't have any good recordings of the new sets. That's why we were hoping they wud stick to the Summer European set for MK, it wud've given us a chance to listen to something new.

Exactly. If you stop and think about it the show and the DVD wouldn't have really been that different if they had used the original set.

I mean people would have been really happy to see Reading My Eyes on the DVD, but that's about it. If they had done DOYS/LFY, there would be people complaining that the DVD didn't have LFY and it's special new intro.

The only reason people think the original setlist is so epic is because it's different than what they got. The grass is always greener.

i´m pretty sure they´d been mixing the intro with the DOYS intro

IMO, MK wasnt tht great at all. Summer 08 setlists blew especially after Busta got kicked off the tour. All in all this setlist isnt different but it does gives us more. But at the end of the day we got what we got. I think Rob (i belive hes the one who makes em) needs to stop making the setlists and let someone else try. I would like to see what Mike would do with them.