Milton Keynes setlist was supposed to be different

Astat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rob (i belive hes the one who makes em) needs to stop making the setlists and let someone else try. I would like to see what Mike would do with them.

I've never heard that before! Are you sure Rob makes the set lists?

LFY intro is nothing special for this DVD. We have lots of recordings of it.

I agree with LPPRJKT4. Summer '08 setlists sucked. It's kinda weird, but winter tour shows had MUCH better setlists.

Yeah I remember discussing this with some people on the LPU one time.

I'm pretty sure it's because the Summer Tour was Projekt Revolution, which is a festival-type, lots-of-bands tour. Meaning it has to be a bit more mainstream because some fans will have come to see maybe Chris Cornell or Atreyu.

Because of this, LP or their managers or whomever, from a business stand-point (and let's face it the music industry IS a business), have to be a bit more appealing to the more casual fan, since there will be more of that type of fan attending.

The Winter tours were Arena tours. Consisting of LP and only an opening band or two. These shows are going to consist of more hardcore LP fans, since there aren't any other bands there to attract others.

Because of that, the setlists don't have to be a singles-fest, and will appeal to the more hardcore fans.

Edited by Xero21

That's true, however during Projekt Rev. 07 LP played at least some songs that weren't singles (POA mashups, QWERTY, CFTI when it was still considered a rarity). During Projekt Rev. 08 basically the sets were the same except for a few modifications, WMI, and PMA Studio. Ev POA had Petrified over it at like every show.

doesnt anyone remember last year?

th fake projekt rev sets?

couldnt this be one?

im really think it is

Why on earth would someone post a fake setlist for a show that already happened, that we already know the setlist for?

And yes, Rob does the setlists. I believe Mike mentioned that in the last LPU chat he did.

Edited by Astat

That's true, however during Projekt Rev. 07 LP played at least some songs that weren't singles (POA mashups, QWERTY, CFTI when it was still considered a rarity). During Projekt Rev. 08 basically the sets were the same except for a few modifications, WMI, and PMA Studio. Ev POA had Petrified over it at like every show.

Yeah, it doesn't mean they have to play ALL singles. They usually do 21 songs and they have like, what, 17 singles? So there will be some other stuff, but usually Projekt Revolution sets will probably be more mainstream than the Arena Tours.

I think this also means that when LP starts their next touring cycle, some songs we love may have to disappear because of time constraints. By then LP will have over 20 singles I'm sure.

Songs like No More Sorrow and Pushing Me Away might not be played as consistantly. I'm not sure on Points Of Authority, was that officially a single? Lying From You was a radio single so not sure on that either.

Yeah, it doesn't mean they have to play ALL singles. They usually do 21 songs and they have like, what, 17 singles? So there will be some other stuff, but usually Projekt Revolution sets will probably be more mainstream than the Arena Tours.

I think this also means that when LP starts their next touring cycle, some songs we love may have to disappear because of time constraints. By then LP will have over 20 singles I'm sure.

Songs like No More Sorrow and Pushing Me Away might not be played as consistantly. I'm not sure on Points Of Authority, was that officially a single? Lying From You was a radio single so not sure on that either.

Who says LP has to play all of their singles at every show? They already don't.

i can print my own setlist take a pictures of them and say that they are official

the last time with the fakes setlists you were one of the supporters

btw they should play LFY Collision Course style

And I ask you once again: Why would someone print a fake setlist for a show that already happened? Why would they make the fake setlist only have a couple differences in it? It's been confirmed since the day after the show that Reading My Eyes was on the pre-show setlist, that was the biggest difference. Why would they go to all the trouble of faking a setlist for the sake of switching the order of 2 songs and replacing LFY with DOYS/LFY? And why would they only post it on their personal photo album on LP.com, where it would hardly be seen by anyone? It would be completely pointless. That picture had been uploaded for 4 months, and had like 12 total views when I found it the other day. The fake PR08 setlists were posted EVERYWHERE and seen by EVERYONE, were posted well before the tour started, and they were completely unrealistic and inaccurate compared to what the real setlists were. This setlist is the exact OPPOSITE of everything that those fake setlists were.

The person with the setlist was at the show, has been to several other LP shows in the UK, provided us with a photo of his ticket stub, and pointed out exactly where he can be seen on the Road to Revolution DVD. He was given the setlist by one of LP's production team people at the front of the stage. The setlist is 100% real, period, end of story.

Edited by Astat

• 2 weeks later...