Chester Performs 'The Messenger' @ X103.9

hahninator

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the holdup with the full interview. We have it but they are .TIR files from an iPhone app which are completely unable to be converted due to some DRM shit. We are working on a solution. We'll get it to ya though, no worries.

Sorry for the holdup with the full interview. We have it but they are .TIR files from an iPhone app which are completely unable to be converted due to some DRM shit. We are working on a solution. We'll get it to ya though, no worries.

Share it tomorrow dude, i can't translate the interview today :lol:

Take your time, take your time xD

here's the Interview.

i cut the songs between the interview parts, and i put there "X103.9" in reciter's voice.

thanks to Irene for the very raw files ;)

a few quick notes:

- Chester was late to the half of the interview

- there were two performance of The Messenger because Chester forgot the words.

- Chester said that will be new music of STP in 2013.

- next LP album in 21#@, lol.

Edited by Skipees

Sorry that this took so long but we have it up now! Irene recorded it and Skipees converted the file for us after Jonas and I couldn't make it happen haha.

here's the Interview.

i cut the songs between the interview parts, and i put there "X103.9" in reciter's voice.

thanks to Irene for the very raw files ;)

a few quick notes:

- Chester was late to the half of the interview

- there were two performance of The Messenger because Chester forgot the words.

- Chester said that will be new music of STP in 2013.

- next LP album in 21#@, lol.

Great work you guys, congratulations.

So the video is actually third performance of the Messenger, as it's not those two that were performed live.

Actually he sang half of the song live. Stopped, and after over a minute continued it.

On the video - it is one whole song.

So the video was off-air, I suppose.

thank you for posting the interview! but whats with the quality... sounds like a recorded recording^^

the stream was 128kbps, and the "master file" can't be converted in any way. the original file and the mp3 are almost the same. Edited by Skipees

"115 User(s) are reading this topic (98 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)"

Wish I knew how to get more people to register Posted Image lol

Well like others have said, its only cause we read these threads first, then only log in to post. Less effort. I know, we're lazy :D

I especially like the part when his face is covered by the mic mount...

Yeah, that really irked me. Why film him with a gorgeous HD camera only to have the mic right in his face :lol:

TOTAL opposite opinion here. I don't think The Messenger has EVER sounded good in any key they've tried it in. Taking it down that low sucks all of the emotion out of it and turns it into a sleepy campfire singalong/lullaby-sounding snoozefest that sounds like it was written in 5 minutes.

Totaly agree, I'd rather hear chester perform a lung shreading version where his voice cracks and falters from the high notes than a boring, run of the mill performance thats technically perfect, but devode of soul. The imperfections in the album version annoy me on occasion, but I still always seem swept up in the emotion in his powerful performance.

They should have a new rule when they create songs

If we can't play this shit live, then we don't record it, Chester has never tried to sing this song like in the studio version, at least with Crawling he tried.

We don't need more robot boys.

Well I a disagree a bit here. I'd rather they create the odd terrific album song even if it means its unplayable live. I love Robot Boy unlike the few, and though I'm sad to see it hasn't seen the light of day on stage, it has this mystique about it, like many of their older songs/b-sides on LPU.

I'd rather they create the odd terrific album song even if it means its unplayable live. I love Robot Boy unlike the few, and though I'm sad to see it hasn't seen the light of day on stage, it has this mystique about it, like many of their older songs/b-sides on LPU.

This.

not every band play every song from every album anyway.