What song do you want dropped?

GlassCastles

LFY has been around since the first Meteora tour, it's a great song but it would rather listen to something else.

about ND it was released in 2009 so I still wanna listen to it, i love the epic intro.

I would definitely take some other songs besides Lying From You, but I still have Lying From You in my top 5 Meteora tracks, with all but Figure .09 being played right now off that list, but what do I know? I'm just a teenager, so of course I'll have a bias towards the angrier, angsty songs, despite COG, LOATR, and TLGYA being in my top 5 LP songs.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely take some other songs besides Lying From You, but I still have Lying From You in my top 5 Meteora tracks, with all but Figure .09 being played right now off that list, but what do I know? I'm just a teenager, so of course I'll have a bias towards the angrier, angsty songs, despite COG, LOATR, and TLGYA being in my top 5 LP songs.

lol you are a teen who just met LP so everything should be fresh for u haha

I wonder if you will stick with LP forever or it's just a season thing.

Why u like LP?

lol you are a teen who just met LP so everything should be fresh for u haha

I wonder if you will stick with LP forever or it's just a season thing.

Why u like LP?

I didn't just meet LP, but I only recently became a hardcore fan (about 2011). I've liked Linkin Park for as long as I can remember, so I can tell you it's not just a season thing.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

Breaking the Habit

Given Up

Lies Greed Misery

Ballad Medley

I can barely listen to Numb without wanting to puke anymore, but I'll begrudgingly let it stay because of the great response it always gets. Also, Given Up can stay under ONE condition: It's only played as an opening song in combination with Wake. It'd be a cool MTM era throwback to open some concerts that way on this cycle, and having that song as the opener is really the best spot for it to be, in terms of Chester's voice being able to tolerate it.

Based on the last few shows the band has played (3 in 2014, 2 in 2013) my opinions on the songs in the sets.

Papercut - I don't want this song to be dropped anytime in the near future. The band jams hard on this one.

One Step Closer - Similar to Papercut, the band jams here, and Chester's screams are fucking on point, at least based on recent performances.

With You - This is another one I hope stays for a while.

Points Of Authority - I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm meh about this one. Without the intros and outros, there's not much that's special about this track. There are several other songs I would take over this one.

In The End - Another one I'm meh about. I don't hate it, but I don't go to a show to see this song.

A Place For My Head - Never drop this song.

Somewhere I Belong - Another one I'm meh about. It's decent, but I would take other tracks over this one for sure.

Lying From You - I don't want this one to be dropped. It's my second favorite Meteora track, and it's in my top 10 LP tracks, but I can see why some other people may want to see it dropped.

Faint - I wouldn't mind too much if this was dropped now. Chester isn't doing too well with it as of late.

Breaking The Habit - I'm meh on this one too. It's getting kind of stale without the piano intro or a capella outro. A piano version would be great, but I doubt we'd get that.

Numb - Drop this one.

Wake - Don't drop this one, not after the wait we had for this one to come back.

Given Up - As a follow up to Wake, it works, but outside of that, it can be dropped. In fact, Wake into From The Inside would be much preferred to me, but Wake -> Given Up is fine too.

Bleed it Out - Only keep this if the band plans on doing shit over the bridge. The studio version is so boring.

What I've Done - Another meh. It's decent enough, and generates some response live due to Transformers, so I don't care too much if it stays or goes.

New Divide - Bring back the Moscow or synth intro, and I'll be happy with this one. Otherwise, it could be dropped.

Empty Spaces/When They Come For Me - Never drop this one either. The band fucking jams, especially Mike.

Waiting For The End - If the band plans on keeping the Apaches intro, definitely keep this one. Otherwise it's meh.

The Catalyst - Another meh. Kind of boring, but I kind of like it.

LOST IN THE ECHO - Keep this one for sure.

BURN IT DOWN - Drop it.

LIES GREED MISERY - Get rid of this horrendous piece of shit immediately. Fucking shit live.

CASTLE OF GLASS - Never drop. Ever.

VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY) - Another one I wouldn't want dropped.

A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES - I haven't heard it full band, but I do not want it with just Mike/Chester/Aoki. Not a fan of Karaoki.

Ballad Medley - Would much prefer the full Leave Out All The Rest or Iridescent. Just keep Shadow Of The Day out of the mix.

LIES GREED MISERY - Get rid of this horrendous piece of shit immediately. Fucking shit live.

lol with all the other songs you wanted dropped you're just like, "Okay, they aren't the worst things ever, but they can be dropped." With this one, you're just like, "Abso-fucking-lutely not."

lol with all the other songs you wanted dropped you're just like, "Okay, they aren't the worst things ever, but they can be dropped." With this one, you're just like, "Abso-fucking-lutely not."

It's by far their worst live song. No question, at least for me.

• 6 months later...
3 SETS, ROTATE IN 'BY MYSELF' AND 'FORGOTTEN'

IN PLACE OF 'WITH YOU' AND 'POINTS OF AUTHORITY',

'SOMEWHERE I BELONG' ROTATE W/ 'FROM THE INSIDE'

'GIVEN UP' ROTATE W/ 'NO MORE SORROW'

Drop all the bullshit. Drop Crawling and New Divide because Chester's voice can't handle it. Fuck Burn It Down. Let's jam and we can jam with some small changes like this:

Session

Guilty All The Same

Given Up

Points Of Authority (full)

One Step Closer

Blackout (interlude)

Papercut (full)

Rebellion

Runaway (full)

Wastelands

With You

Castle Of Dance

Waiting For The End (Apaches/Wall Of Noise)

Numb (Numb/Encore Intro and Outro)

Final Masquerade

Wretches & Kings

Mike Solo Medley (new verse + RTN + WTCFM/HHH)

Somewhere I Belong

In The End

------------------

Until It's Gone (European Tour Intro)

Lost In The Echo (2012 Intro)

Lying From You

A Place For My Head

Faint

3 SETS, ROTATE IN 'BY MYSELF' AND 'FORGOTTEN'

IN PLACE OF 'WITH YOU' AND 'POINTS OF AUTHORITY',

'SOMEWHERE I BELONG' ROTATE W/ 'FROM THE INSIDE'

'GIVEN UP' ROTATE W/ 'NO MORE SORROW'

Drop all the bullshit. Drop Crawling and New Divide because Chester's voice can't handle it. Fuck Burn It Down. Let's jam and we can jam with some small changes like this:

Session

Guilty All The Same

Given Up

Points Of Authority (full)

One Step Closer

Blackout (interlude)

Papercut (full)

Rebellion

Runaway (full)

Wastelands

With You

Castle Of Dance

Waiting For The End (Apaches/Wall Of Noise)

Numb (Numb/Encore Intro and Outro)

Final Masquerade

Wretches & Kings

Mike Solo Medley (new verse + RTN + WTCFM/HHH)

Somewhere I Belong

In The End

------------------

Until It's Gone (European Tour Intro)

Lost In The Echo (2012 Intro)

Lying From You

A Place For My Head

Faint

This,!!

I think they shoul drop Castle of Glass (because this song always sounded awful in live, nowdays it's worse with the remix parts), New Divide (never liked that song live), ballad medley, Until It's Gone and Final Masquarade (we need the heavy songs from the new album, not these radio-friendly mess). Robot Boy and Blackout teasers (because they are not full songs, just jamming, so these songs are useless). Also Burn It Down should be dropped because Chaz can't sing it live so good.

Edited by LPMaskMan