What song do you want dropped?

GlassCastles

I wouldn't want POA to be dropped at all. The studio version kicks major ass live. What the problem is, is that it's after LGM, which is the worst LP song live I've ever heard. The band JAMS on POA. And SIB this year too. Why not drop something where the band looks bored as hell? Like Numb. I don't want to take away the songs that they enjoy playing and seem to get into live. Drop stuff they look like zombies on. Numb is the main culprit, and the Ballad Medley is another.

There are just too many singles near the end of the set. Drop some singles for a song like By Myself. There's no reason why like 16-17 out of the 20 songs played have to be singles, that's ridiculous.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would replace:

Points of Authority with Pts.Of.Athrty (I just want to see what that remix sound like played Live, because it is the only single not played Live....)

Bleed It Out (current extended live version) with Bleed It Out (Studio Version played live.... just want to see what that sounds like)

Lies Greed Misery with And One, Reading My Eyes, High Voltage or QWERTY (probably won't happen)

In The End for Enth E nd (I'd like to see LP try to play and remix that song, as Mike did it with Fort Minor Live, and also play it after Pts.Of.Athrty, as it has that "cool" effect, and if Motion Man is free, bring him out too...)

just saying...

Edited by xLinkinpark0562x

Bleed It Out (current extended live version) with Bleed It Out (Studio Version played live.... just want to see what that sounds like)

...what? We've basically gotten that this year minus the Extended Outro...

and the studio version was played in 2007 also

Edited by Soul

I wouldn't want POA to be dropped at all. The studio version kicks major ass live. What the problem is, is that it's after LGM, which is the worst LP song live I've ever heard. The band JAMS on POA. And SIB this year too. Why not drop something where the band looks bored as hell? Like Numb. I don't want to take away the songs that they enjoy playing and seem to get into live. Drop stuff they look like zombies on. Numb is the main culprit, and the Ballad Medley is another.

I'm not saying that I would prefer them drop POA over any other song, what I'm saying is by comparison the 2007-2008 era of touring Points of Authority seemed far superior to me. Points of Authority is still one of my favorite songs by the band, and they kick ass with it live, but it was even better with those extensions. I have that same feeling with Bleed it Out. After they dropped the Sabotage bridge, the song wasn't nearly as interesting live.

If LP does play Tinfoil, at least they should do "Powerless", it just makes Tinfoil more Complete

agree, but they don't lol. it will be funny if they will play Powerless eventually without Tinfoil as intro.

agree, but they don't lol. it will be funny if they will play Powerless eventually without Tinfoil as intro.

God that would suck. I'd imagine they would have to have some form of short intro, or else the song would just start, similar to Forgotten.

God that would suck. I'd imagine they would have to have some form of short intro, or else the song would just start, similar to Forgotten.

I imagine in the future (if they DO end up playing it) Mike would play a piano intro if they drop TINFOIL.

i hope they will not ruin Powerless and throw it into some boring medley.

I can see it now: ROADS UNTRAVELED/SKIN TO BONE/POWERLESS (LIVING Medley)

But seriously, I agree. If they throw POWERLESS in a medley, I'll be pretty pissed. POWERLESS is among the songs off of LT that would translate amazingly in a live setting.

I can see it now: ROADS UNTRAVELED/SKIN TO BONE/POWERLESS (LIVING Medley)

sounds terrible...

off topic: it seems like you have a lot of knowledge in the music itself (tempos/extentions/instruments/etc..), do you play on something?

• 7 months later...

#Necroposter.

I've been listening to a lot of the band's live stuff recently, and I've started to feel that Faint could use a rest, at least for a little bit. Chester just isn't really getting into it lately, and I'm not just talking about these last three shows, I'm talking the latter half of the LIVING THINGS tour. Mike, Brad, and everyone else are still jamming, but Chester plays an important role in this song, especially during the bridge, where his screams are supposed to be killer, but I'm just not feeling it recently.

I think In the end, Castle of Glass, New divide, Waiting for the end, Points of Authority and maybe Numb should be played less frequently. I mean, those aren't that attractive live anymore. Maybe because one of those songs (not POA) Papercut, A place for my head, Crawling and From the inside haven't been played live this year (FTI and Crawling last year too).

I may be alone here, but I reckon Breaking the Habit should be dropped, or at least played less regularly. It's so bloody monotone live and Brad must get bored to tears when they do it.

I partially disagree, as one of the most emotional LP songs, it should never be dropped for longer period. Of course, it doesn't have to be played on every show. Because it's played almost always, it doesn't mean it's a monotone live. And yes, Brad almost sleeps playing the same melody over and over again, through whole song.

I may be alone here, but I reckon Breaking the Habit should be dropped, or at least played less regularly. It's so bloody monotone live and Brad must get bored to tears when they do it.

You're not alone. This, New Divide and Crawling (which they actually did drop on the last few shows I think)

For the next touring cycle these songs should be kicked out.

NUMB

FAINT

LYING FROM YOU

SOMEWHERE I

BREAKING THE HABIT

BALLAD MEDLEY

TINFOIL

GIVEN UP

WHAT I'VE DONE

LIES GREED MISERY

Optimism at its finest.

You're not alone. This, New Divide and Crawling (which they actually did drop on the last few shows I think)

YOU ARE NOT ALOOOONE

And yeah, agree with this. Chester's vocals on New Divide and Crawling are a bit poo live, they're just too high.

For the next touring cycle these songs should be kicked out.

NUMB

FAINT

LYING FROM YOU

SOMEWHERE I

BREAKING THE HABIT

BALLAD MEDLEY

TINFOIL

GIVEN UP

WHAT I'VE DONE

LIES GREED MISERY

Just drop Lying From You and add New Divide, and I agree completely with this list.