What song do you want dropped?

GlassCastles

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't say OSC isn't good anymore. All songs of LP are very good (except The Messenger imho), but after 13 years it's time for a (short) break for the song.

I disagree. I'd much rather see In The End take a short break over One Step Closer. One Step Closer, Bleed it Out, and Faint are all staples for live shows. They pump the crowd up and the band loves playing them. I think that they sound great live because the band seems really into it, which is why A Place For My Head seems to stand out from the rest of the songs live, because the band really loves playing that song. Just my opinion.

Somewhere I Belong has been kicking ass this touring cycle. Crowds really fucking exploded on HCT for it. I was really surprised.

I think it was the new intro. Those little things make a huge difference.

I disagree. I'd much rather see In The End take a short break over One Step Closer. One Step Closer, Bleed it Out, and Faint are all staples for live shows. They pump the crowd up and the band loves playing them. I think that they sound great live because the band seems really into it, which is why A Place For My Head seems to stand out from the rest of the songs live, because the band really loves playing that song. Just my opinion.

Agree. Can't drop OSC. I feel like you could rotate Numb and In The End, but they can't be completely dropped. Remember the THOUSANDS of casual fans there. Those songs always get the biggest crowd reactions, more then APFMH even though APFMH is a better live song.

Worst LIVE songs from each album

Hybrid Theory- Runaway. (I know I know but I think the rest are much better live)

Meteora- Hit The Floor (it kills me because I love that song and I still wanna see it live)

Minutes to Midnight- In Between

A Thousand Suns- Burning In the Skies (not a fan of this song)

LIVING THINGS- BURN IT DOWN (please please drop this overplayed song)

Worst LIVE songs from each album

Hybrid Theory- Runaway. (I know I know but I think the rest are much better live)

Meteora- Hit The Floor (it kills me because I love that song and I still wanna see it live)

Minutes to Midnight- In Between

A Thousand Suns- Burning In the Skies (not a fan of this song)

LIVING THINGS- BURN IT DOWN (please please drop this overplayed song)

I agree with all of this except LIVING THINGS. I think LIES GREED MISERY is far worse than BURN IT DOWN. Neither song is played well, but I'd rather see BID than LGM.

I don't say OSC isn't good anymore. All songs of LP are very good (except The Messenger imho), but after 13 years it's time for a (short) break for the song.

this is not gonna happen soon, it's one of the main parts of the setlist.

if you're going tomorrow to see them live, and they will replace OSC with XYZ, you will be cool with it?

Edited by Skipees

Man, LP needs to make some heavy shit on their next album. I want slow songs replaced by them. I need some fucking screaming and heavy guitars to come back.

I wouldn't mind more heavier stuff, but I wouldn't want an entire album of it. It just doesn't seem like something the band wants to do, so I can't imagine it sounding as good as it would back in the Hybrid Theory days. I also like some of their more recent soft songs, like Iridescent.

they're not gonna do another nu metal album ever.

Never say never (unfortunate word choice...), but it does seem unlikely, especially with what Brad said in the LPU chat about the next album's direction.

Never say never (unfortunate word choice...), but it does seem unlikely, especially with what Brad said in the LPU chat about the next album's direction.

even if they will do something with nu metal direction, it's not gonna be something that sound like Hybrid Theory. it's just not the right decade.

I was pretty much joking but since the band refers to Meteora as ''Hybrid Theory part 2'', it would kind of be cool for them to make ''Hybrid Theory Part 3'' in the future someday before they retire. The whole point the band was trying to make with MTM was that they didn't want to make a trilogy, they didn't want to make ''Hybrid Theory Part 3'', it says that on the making of MTM. Imagine how awesome it would be, though...

The whole point the band was trying to make with MTM was that they didn't want to make a trilogy, they didn't want to make ''Hybrid Theory Part 3'', it says that on the making of MTM. Imagine how awesome it would be, though...

lil' bit surprsing to hear that from you. i always thought you look at the things that way: MTM->Chester->Linkin Park. :lol:

but yes, HT3 with the tools, time and abilities they have today, could be sounds great.

lil' bit surprsing to hear that from you. i always thought you look at the things that way: MTM->Chester->Linkin Park. :lol:

but yes, HT3 with the tools, time and abilities they have today, could be sounds great.

I love MTM and it will always be my favorite LP album, but hearing Hybrid Theory Part 3 someday would be amazing. Haha.

MTM Part 2 is needed more though.

That won't happen. MTM was the most organic, raw album. Raw drums, raw vocals with hardly any effects, weird instruments, etc. ATS I guess took MTM a step farther, even though I don't see the similarity between the two. MTM was basically an alternative rock album and you can't say that about any other LP album. There was hardly any rapping (2 songs not counting any demos) and Hands Held High's rap wasn't exactly what people wanted from a rap from Mike because of the music behind it. A lot of the songs were poppy sounding, but awesome IMO. I don't think LP would do that again. They wanted to prove something with MTM, they wanted to make it sound nothing like the old LP. MTM IMO is the only album that does not resemble any of the sound of the old LP. ATS and LT do a little bit, but not MTM.

MTM IMO is the only album that does not resemble any of the sound of the old LP. ATS and LT do a little bit, but not MTM.

what in ATS sounds like old LP? :huh:

Edited by Skipees

WTCFM resembles POA and a lot of the rap verses in the album sound pretty old LP

all the Rap parts are pretty much resemble, this is because Rap isn't like singing, Rappers almost doesn't change their style. i actually ask about the music.

Edited by Skipees

what in ATS sounds like old LP? :huh:

ATS has a lot of styles that are more similar to Hybrid Theory EP/Hybrid Theory/Meteora than MTM does. Especially the rapping and aggressive style vocals. The electronic elements really resemble some of the old Hybrid Theory sounds IMO. What on MTM resembles old LP? Honestly? People will say obvious stuff like Given Up, Bleed It Out, What I've Done and No More Sorrow because of the heavy guitars, but the vocal style on those songs alone doesn't resemble older albums. The drums certainly don't. Mike said in 2006 about Bleed It Out, ''If this song isn't fucked up enough for people to stop calling us rap/rock, I don't know what is''. Ignorant people will say it sounds like old LP, but people that are smarter obviously will know differently. ATS was very different as well, but not as different.

i don't think ATS similar to old LP, same as i don't think MTM similar to old LP. both of them are different from the old style, and both of them different from each other. the only album that similar the all of them is LT.

The big problem with that is that Numb was a huge single, and it became even bigger with the Numb/Encore mash-up which ending up winning a Grammy and also was mashed up with Paul McCartney on Yesterday added into it. LP won't drop their huge hits. Granted, they dropped Crawling, but that was only because Chester had a lot of trouble with it and couldn't do it anymore. The easier to sing songs like In The End, Numb and What I've Done, I don't think will ever be dropped. Those are all in all LP's biggest hits of all. New Divide as well because of Transformers 2. I would like to see Numb go personally, but imagine the shit storm LP would get for it.

I think Crawling was dropped because it was played so much, not because Chester had such a hard time with it. He's had trouble with it since at LEAST 2009 (I'd say 2008 for my personal opinion) but they played it in 2010, 2011 and part of 2012. Remember they dropped OSC for a few shows in 2011 (a few in Europe and then one in Asia I think, or at least moved it in an Asia set to the top).

LP is not going to get a shit storm for dropping one song. Drop Numb. They'll still play WID, BIO, OSC, ITE, etc, all the other huge hits. BTH. Numb is one that can take a break at least for a year or so. People are still going to say it was a great show with or without Numb.

I unfortunately think WTCFM will be dropped by the time August arrives. It wasn't in any sets in Australia/New Zealand and it was removed from Set B last year. There are certain songs we all know the band gets into live and that they enjoy playing. APFMH of course is the one people are most familiar with. POA and WTCFM are a few others. Papercut is also one MOST of the time as well.

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about this more, and I honestly wouldn't mind if Points of Authority was dropped in favor of a different Hybrid Theory song, like By Myself. I love POA, but the MTM era versions of the song far surpassed it. The intros and outros that were added onto it (Petrified, There They Go, A Place For My Head, just jamming ect.) really made the song one of my favorites from that era of touring. It is still great live, but it just doesn't seem to stand out as much.

The same applies to Somewhere I Belong. I like the song, and they've been kicking ass with it this past cycle, but I'd rather see some of the other Meteora songs like Figure .09 or From The Inside.

Also, the more I think about it, if they keep playing Bleed it Out like they do, meaning the studio version with no extensions, that would be another song that I wouldn't miss. Similarly to POA, the thing that made than song special live was the extensions in the bridge, especially APFMH and Sabotage. I was never a fan of the studio version of BIO after hearing what they did with it live, and now that they've started playing that again, the song has lost it's luster.

Edited by Castle of Glass

I was never a fan of the studio version of BIO after hearing what they did with it live, and now that they've started playing that again, the song has lost it's luster.

I'm the same, I just find the studio version of that song boring now. I agree that without extenders, dropping it would be justified.