Linkin Park: Record Store Day

hahninator

MikeShinodaClan and Loudwire report that Linkin Park will be, for the first time, releasing an EP for Record Store Day.

A two track 10-inch EP with an exclusive poster and sticker will be available on Record Store Day, April 20th. To find your local record store, go to RecordStoreDay.com. This release is limited to 3,000 copies.

The most interesting part of this release is that the tracklisting consists of 'One Step Closer' and 'My December'. Oldschool! Both of these songs, as you know, are included on the 'One Step Closer' single.

Posted Image

LP Record Store Day EP Tracklisting:

01. One Step Closer

02. My December

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this what we thought would be the HT vinyl re-release or another different release?

It was initially reported that HT would be the Record Store Day release, but now it seems that's either no longer the plan or never was in the first place. Hm.

I'm not going to bother with this anymore. The full album + this single would be worth it; otherwise, nope. Got other shit I'm hoping for on RSD.

According to a release by Warner yesterday, HT is still on track to be a RSD release with the OSC single too:

"Linkin Park — Hybrid Theory (1xLP, 10″ EP, poster and sticker, limited to 3,000)

Bonus 10″ EP which contains tracks “One Step Closer” and “My December.” LP reissued on vinyl for the first time in a decade."

http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/03/01/warner-...s-rsd-releases/

Edited by sublimeric

Is this what we thought would be the HT vinyl re-release or another different release?

I think it's the same thing. And the release date is the same.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/03/01/warner-...s-rsd-releases/

Linkin Park — Hybrid Theory (1xLP, 10″ EP, poster and sticker, limited to 3,000)

Bonus 10″ EP which contains tracks "One Step Closer" and "My December." LP reissued on vinyl for the first time in a decade.

releasing same thing again & again & again & again

Hybrid Theory / One Step Closer single is over 12 years old, still too soon for a re-release? lol

I have so many crappy One Step Closer lyric jokes I could make here.

I would buy this but I'm short on money at the moment... Sucks..

EDIT: I'm in luck. There is a record store selling this about 30 minutes away from me. I actually am going to try and drive up there and purchase this. Any idea on price?

Edited by Geki

So I guess there's no possibility to buy this if you don't live in the US, uh ?

My local record store has announced many releases from the US will arrive in their store for Record Store Day - so I guess it's worldwide?

Pre-order on Amazon. Worldwide.

This may sound stupid, but where's the pre-order button ?

Since the item is unavailable, I can't order it..or can I ? :lol:

Fuck that, just found it - thanks mate!

Fuck that again - can anybody tell me, how to pay at amazon.ca without a credit card ?

I thought about buying a gift card, but apparently, I can't use them international.

Any other idea ?

Edited by Jats

Any other idea ?

eBay, though they will probably be marked up to make a huge profit. You can always ask around here when the date gets closer.

Random side note: Record Store Day was started by a local record store, Bull Moose Music. Great place! bullmoose.com :)

Why in the world somebody will buy the One Step Closer Vinyl when you have the chance to buy the HT Vinyl with the OSC Vinyl included for just 30 USD?

Well, I thought it was the same thing.

Thank you though :lol:

Is this a good place to preorder the two vinyls ?

Why in the world somebody will buy the One Step Closer Vinyl when you have the chance to buy the HT Vinyl with the OSC Vinyl included for just 30 USD?

I don't think they're actually being bundled together like we originally thought.