LIVING THINGS (CD+DVD, Live from Berlin)

Stranger

I have an answer to most of your "why?" questions: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$WBR$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And yeah it also pisses me off but what can we do? I'm buying LT+ just to see myself jumping like crazy there :P

Edited by michalangelo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of bands don't include the whole show on a CD and release the whole thing on DVD. Muse even did that with HAARP. I like it better that way personally. If someone wants the whole DVD audio, they could just rip it themselves. It sucks that Berlin didn't come with mp3's, I loved that about Madrid. I actually do love LIT and RTR a lot, but it's time LP releases an official live album again. I don't count Madrid or Berlin because a lot of people can't go into a store and purchase those. They aren't even promoted well, no official announcement from the band or anything. I think LP should also do another Frat Party with tons of unseen LPTV footage, etc.

Of course it would be cool to get some extra stuff but in no way do I expect that on a live DVD.

Especially not when the DVD just comes with another album release. Furthermore I don't need mp3's of the show.

The only thing that annoys me is that it's not the full show. Cutting songs is almost a no go for me.

Of course it would be cool to get some extra stuff but in no way do I expect that on a live DVD.

Especially not when the DVD just comes with another album release. Furthermore I don't need mp3's of the show.

The only thing that annoys me is that it's not the full show. Cutting songs is almost a no go for me.

Yeah, I agree with keep extra footage off of a live release. I think that should be separate. I do wish it came with mp3's, but oh well. I also hate how they don't ever include the FULL SHOW on the actual DVD. I can understand the CD. But why not the DVD?

I have an answer to most of your "why?" questions: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$WBR$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

no.. you can't say they put three songs from RTR as bonus because of money, or LT+ missing some songs because money. and i think somebody told me warner don't get nothing from LPU cd's, so you can't say it about LIT also.

funny thing, where you CAN say it? ATS+, and there everything was A+, whole show, mp3's, even "bonus" - Robot Boy Instrumental.

maybe warner should be more involved, :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

Good question. I think it was released at least in Austria, Germany and Switzerland.

It does say Manufactured in the E.U. so I would say European release. It was also released in Poland few days after the official date. At the moment we don't have any info about any other manufacturing countries.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got the dvd and something that really pissed me off it's that it could had better quality but it didn't. it comes in a regular 4,7 gb DVD when it could come in a double layer DVD... this is really lacking any effort

It's even smaller...only 3,8 gb and yes the quality could have been better but I think the audio could be better too !

I still prefer the FM broadcast cause it dosen't like studio and there are more crowd noises.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Jonas for a late answer. Yes it also has the german sticker + some standard polish ones:

Posted ImagePosted Image

And the cat number is 9362-49450-0 instead of 9362494500.

And also there is a Japan release with the cat WPZR-30611 :)

Edited by michalangelo

Question based on earlier conversation in this thread- anyone know why the three songs were put at the end of Road to Revolution? It really annoys me that it's not part of the main show.

the same reason we didn't get the whole LIT in one cd - no reason. Edited by Skipees

that wasn't because they had problems with the big screen on stage ?

The big screen problems were at the end of the show during Jigga What/Faint. Wouldn't have affected the bonus tracks.

The 3 tracks at the end are supposed to be "bonus content." People complained about how there was no bonus content on Live in Texas for like 2 years straight after it was released, so this was probably their way of either 1. Effectively giving them a big middle finger, or 2. Legitimately trying to figure out a way to put bonus content on the DVD without having anything "extra" available for the release.

Edited by Astat

• 4 months later...

I finally just got the audio from this and wow the mix is spot on. I saw it in theaters and the mix was HORRIBLE, easily the worst LP-related mix I have ever heard. I think there must have been a problem converting it to 5.1 or something but it wasn't just me, like the audio was legit fucked up. And Ethan doesn't tend to make shitty mixes haha.

Needless to say I am very impressed. Took long enough I guess but I like it a lot more than a DSP mix. Besides the medley being split into 3 songs and WFTE having too much Chester in the raps, I am a huge fan.

How did you get the audio from it?!? My CD/DVD didn't come with an mp3 of the show like my ATS+ copy did. I would love to have the audio from this DVD, it is way better than the theater release mix.

I don't have this release, but I have used Mac the Ripper in the past.