LIVING THINGS (CD+DVD, Live from Berlin)

Stranger

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anxious to pick this up now that it's been released. Any insight on the best way to get it here in the States? I grabbed ATS+ from eBay when it came out, and planned on doing the same this time around.

I would like to know this too. I want to purchase it as soon as possible and I live in the states as well. Sucks that there aren't any mp3's... But someone will rip the DVD audio, I'm sure of it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my copy of LT+ in the mail today and it's not shrinkwrapped in plastic. Doesn't look used or anything but did anyone else experience this?

Yes, that is how I get almost every CD from amazon germany. They are rarely shrinkwrapped but still new.

I'll never understand how they went from such an awesome DVD like Frat Party with tons of stuff and hidden content to Live DVD's with no bonus content.

Berlin is just a bonus DVD so that's ok, I don't expect any bonus stuff there but Live in Texas already sucked at the bonus part and there was nothing different with Milton Keynes. It's like they are not even trying to make them great releases.

I actually enjoyed all of LP's live releases so far (LIT, LPJZ, RTR, Madrid and now Berlin). I think they're awesome. But nowhere near as epic as Frat Party.

Edited by Geki

I don't consider a live DVD to be good on the basis of bonuses. RTR's "extra" parts of the set at the end is just annoying, why not put the whole show as one continuous video? same goes for the CD, I understand space constraints on a disc, but... yeah, having to buy the DSP so you can have the whole show is pretty shoddy.

I don't consider a live DVD to be good on the basis of bonuses. RTR's "extra" parts of the set at the end is just annoying, why not put the whole show as one continuous video? same goes for the CD, I understand space constraints on a disc, but... yeah, having to buy the DSP so you can have the whole show is pretty shoddy.

I hate DSP mixes, so this is why I love officially released live stuff from LP as well as webcast audio, etc. But I did hate how they used the DSP mix for BID and LGM on the LT australian tour edition. They edited out the crowd noise to fade in and out but that was all.

RTR not being a continuous show makes me so pissed. And they took out some of the best songs.

I mean I like the DSPs more then most of the DVD audio because I like to hear how loud the crowd was, so I'd probably get both if they did a US DVD. However, it is extremely annoying that they can't seem to put it all on one disc or even give us two discs with all the audio.

It is sad to see how LP doesn't seem to care anymore when you compare Frat Party to Live in Berlin, or even RTR.

I don't think asking for extras on a DVD is too much.

However, it is extremely annoying that they can't seem to put it all on one disc or even give us two discs with all the audio.

or put the mp3's inside the dvd like ATS+.

It is sad to see how LP doesn't seem to care anymore when you compare Frat Party to Live in Berlin, or even RTR.

I don't think asking for extras on a DVD is too much.

+1 i was thinking about it today.

When you buy a movie one is expecting extras too. There were interviews they could have included, a behind the scenes or whatever. They film tons of stuff for LPTV each tour and we only get to see it chopped down a few minutes. There's tons of extra stuff they could put on the DVD's. Even music videos.

As I said I'm not expecting much for a bonus DVD, but major releases like Live In Texas or RTR without any extras are a joke. RTR even had a Bluray release some time after the DVD with 0 new content.

For Live in Texas it made absolutely no sense to not put the full show on the CD. It wasn't too long or anything. It's just stupid. And then they released the "missing" songs on the LPU 3.0. And of course the songs don't fit in seemlessly. Why not release the full show on the CD in one piece...

The DVD is also a bit of a technical disaster. They filmed the show partially with film cameras but they release it as a 4:3 letterboxed DVD and not in anamorph? WTF!?

The DVD is also a bit of a technical disaster. They filmed the show partially with film cameras but they release it as a 4:3 letterboxed DVD and not in anamorph? WTF!?

LIT also bad because the shots are changing every second, in five second you can see chester separately, then mike separately, then the crowd, then rob, then mike, then hahn, then chester again, then phoenix, then the crowd again (remind you i'm talkind about five second) then brad, etc.. Edited by Skipees