08.09.2012 - Carson, CA, Home Depot Center

hahninator

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Chester had the same thing that happened on Rock In Rio earlier this year.

He fucked up his voice in the beginning of the show with the screaming, and after that it was a downhill, because of nature of human voice system.

Still don't know why he doesn't learn from his mistakes over the years, otherwise he would've already taken some lessons with Melissa Cross, and could have no problems with his voice anymore, but he chooses the other(wrong) way.

Seems like Chester had the same thing that happened on Rock In Rio earlier this year.

He fucked up his voice in the beginning of the show with the screaming, and after that it was a downhill, because of nature of human voice system.

Still don't know why he doesn't learn from his mistakes over the years, otherwise he would've already taken some lessons with Melissa Cross, and could have no problems with his voice anymore, but he chooses the other(wrong) way.

I guess he wants to kick out the hard songs in the beginning to be done as fast as possible.

Guess his voice already suffered a lot from his screaming, so he might prefer this way, than dropping the 'screaming songs' completely or performing them without enough energy.

But I think you're right - he should take a break.

Also don't understand why he smoked (don't know if he still does it; hope not)..doesn't make it better, I guess.

I guess he wants to kick out the hard songs in the beginning to be done as fast as possible.

Guess his voice already suffered a lot from his screaming, so he might prefer this way, than dropping the 'screaming songs' completely or performing them without enough energy.

But I think you're right - he should take a break.

Also don't understand why he smoked (don't know if he still does it; hope not)..doesn't make it better, I guess.

I'd rather see him punch it on the first couple of heavy songs they've been doing this tour.

sure cigarettes haven't helped, but he never did anything good to his voice in the early days, and look how many people prefer his cigarette/spliff/drink-wrecked voice from back in that day... -_-

at least he doesn't do joints before the show, or drink at all anymore. i respect him alot for giving up alot of bad things inthe last few years

It's fine with me because in person when it's turned up and loud as hell, you can't tell at all. He didn't sound bad at any of the 6 (well 7) shows I saw this tour and listening to the DSPs, he sounds really rough at some parts of some songs. Never noticed it in person. Bring on the heavy songs.

APFMH, Given Up, Faint, VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY), etc...keep 'em all. Bring in By Myself lol. Fuck it, play the heavy shit. Band sounds GREAT this tour.

It's fine with me because in person when it's turned up and loud as hell, you can't tell at all. He didn't sound bad at any of the 6 (well 7) shows I saw this tour and listening to the DSPs, he sounds really rough at some parts of some songs. Never noticed it in person. Bring on the heavy songs.

APFMH, Given Up, Faint, VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY), etc...keep 'em all. Bring in By Myself lol. Fuck it, play the heavy shit. Band sounds GREAT this tour.

This.

Chester sings for the shows, not the DSPs. At the show he sounded fantastic, yeah the DSP showed some weak spots in his voice, but I wouldn't change anything from this tour. Easily my favorite they've done (that I've been too).

Chester's voice is always pretty shot by the end of a show, regardless of what selection/order of songs they play. He puts himself through a lot over the course of an hour and 45 minutes every night. That's pretty much why they elected to drop Crawling, because not only is it extremely tough to sing in the first place, it's even harder to do so when they play it as late in the set as they typically do.

I personally don't think he sounded THAT bad at this show...there have been times in the last couple years where he's had MUCH rougher nights.

Couldn't disagree more... I was in Rock In Rio and Chester killed it, since the very first second he walked to the stage. Yes, the crowd was insane and the atmosphere was great, but Chester performed in a very high level! Just like the band... what an awesome year for them, so far!

I'd rather see him punch it on the first couple of heavy songs they've been doing this tour.

I'd rather see my favourite band not doing shows in parts, like the heavy beginning the then soft middle part, after that something between heavy and soft.

I just can't take what he's doing, because it's just unprofessional.

He had problems with his screaming ever since 2007, too many times his screaming is just off the techique, damaging his chords.

I'm the vocalist myself, and I discovered these things many times, and that's just the lack of hard work at rehearsal studio, lack of studying over and over, and if Chester continues on doing things like that, he will lose his voice sooner or later.

One show done in that matter affects the vocal pitch for at least day or two, if you continue on with your voice being fucked up, you will only tear your chords up even more.

There was a show(or maybe even that whole tour leg) when he was really spot on with the screaming, I'm speaking about Madison Square Garden show in 2011(which was broadcasted), everything was in its place, and his singing and screaming were getting along as well as possible.

But this particular show(I mean Carson) is out of line, as for me.

That's not something that should be even happening, but that's what's up.

Listen to "Somewhere I Belong", "In My Remains" - honestly, that's kind of terrible.

If with the Rock In Rio Chester managed to put voice struggles in the way where they do the show more raw and emotional, this time around it was just him struggling, and that's not very good thing..chain reaction can be a bitch here, and voice is not a good bro to play Russian Roulette with.

Anyone want the Inside Living Things video they showed between Incubus and LP? No idea if it's been officially released.

Incubus set to follow sometime this week.

Yes definitely. It may be the one that was run online before the album was released but the quality of yours will probably be better.

it isn't downloading for me... anyone is seeding?

I just started downloading but I will be sure to leave my computer on and seed. Remember new torrents take time to get going.