05.06.2012 - Berlin, Germany

The sixth headlining show for the band on the Summer European Tour takes Linkin Park to Berlin, Germany where they will play at the Admiralspalast for the Telekom Street Gigs. The only way for fans to get into this show is to get free tickets from the LPU or win them from the festival.

LP's first show in Berlin was already their fifth show in Germany ever and it fell in March of 2001 on the Deftones' European Tour (show page here). They returned in September of that year to play their second German headlining show (after the Hamburg one in January) at the same venue, the Columbiahalle (show page here). The show before this was in Hamburg as well, but was canceled due to it being on September 11th. There was also a Stockholm show on September 9th but we're not exactly sure why it was canceled. Anyway, the September 2001 Berlin show is known for it being the first time 'Step Up' was ever played live as well as it being only the second time Chester ever played 'Morning After' acoustically. Coincidentally, the only recording we have of it from 2001 comes from the fantastic audience recording of that show. The first time 'Morning After' was played was ironically on June 4, 2001 in London (show page here).

In 2003, Linkin Park had a show canceled in Berlin in June (show page here), which fell on the infamous European Tour that ended up being scrapped. They returned in September to play the same venue, the Arena Treptow (show page here), however.

2007 had the first show of the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle taken to Berlin, Germany (show page here), where 'One Step Closer' opened a show for the first time and 'No More Sorrow', 'Given Up', and 'What I've Done' made their live debuts. The day before that show in Berlin, a fan named Richard asked LP at TRL if he could play guitar on 'Faint' in Berlin. The band said sure and brought him up for the only 'Faint'/'There They Go' mashup.

Now fast forward to June 3rd, 2012, where Linkin Park was playing at Rock im Park in Germany.

Richard was brought on stage to propose to his girlfriend during 'Bleed It Out'! Incredible! Congratulations from LPLive to the two of you!

Is this the first time the same fan has been brought on stage on two different touring cycles? Remember Pez played guitar on 'Faint' in Australia twice in 2010, but I believe this is the first time it's been the same person in different years. Also it's the first proposal on stage at a Linkin Park show!

The next show in Berlin for the band took place in 2008, where they took their second ever Projekt Revolution in Europe to Berlin (show page here). What a setlist that show had! And finally in 2010, LP played the first European show for A Thousand Suns in Berlin (show page here). This makes it the seventh show in Berlin for the band.

This show is being filmed for the LIVING THINGS concert event in the USA on June 25th. This means we might see a setlist similar to what the Hollywood LPU show got in May (show page here) with 'TINFOIL' in the mix. Does anyone else think they might change something for this one? Perhaps they'll add an encore break in there since it's a headlining show and isn't a full-on festival for them. Regardless, this is a pretty intimate show and it should be an awesome time for everyone going.

Who's headed to Berlin? If anyone runs into Richard, tell him congrats!

On the 6th, LP plays in Bucharest, Romania for the first time ever. Five shows remain after that - hitting Austria, Poland, Russia and the Ukraine. For the full 2012 tour schedule, click here.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. With You (w/ 2012 ext. intro; scratch ending)

05. Runaway

06. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

07. Blackout

08. Somewhere I Belong (w/ 2012 ext. intro)

09. New Divide

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Points Of Authority

12. Waiting For The End (w/ Apaches Intro & Wall Of Noise Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. What I've Done

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer

-------------------------------

19. BURN IT DOWN

20. In The End

21. Numb

22. Bleed It Out (w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all those who are going - let us know the setlist yeah? ;)

on the festivals/headline show note, is there going to be a DSP of this show?

oh and I really think the Rock am Ring show needs Richard's proposal as big part of the notes, my tightly locked-away inner female has broken free and got me all :wub: about this.

I feel like the ":wub:" hasnt been used enough on these forums. it's a colon, the word "wub" and another colon - use it fellas!

Is it just me, or would anyone else find it odd if they do in fact keep the same setlist, yet this is being recorded for a LIVING THINGS promotion? It just seems bizarre that they would be showing this the night before LIVING THINGS is released in the US, yet play 2 (maybe 3 if Tinfoil is added back in) songs from the disc?

Reminds me of the Foo Fighters concert event that hit cinemas before the release of their latest album - pretty sure the doco section was followed by a start to finish live rendition of the entire album? Someone may need to correct me on that one as I never saw it at the cinemas.

I just thought about something, I dunno if its been mentioned before...

If LP wanna bring back energy to their set why dont they bring back this kick ass Intro. It would fit so well.

EDIT: Thanks for the shout out btw :P haha

Edited by Pez

Is it just me, or would anyone else find it odd if they do in fact keep the same setlist, yet this is being recorded for a LIVING THINGS promotion? It just seems bizarre that they would be showing this the night before LIVING THINGS is released in the US, yet play 2 (maybe 3 if Tinfoil is added back in) songs from the disc?

Reminds me of the Foo Fighters concert event that hit cinemas before the release of their latest album - pretty sure the doco section was followed by a start to finish live rendition of the entire album? Someone may need to correct me on that one as I never saw it at the cinemas.

Sure was. New cd start to finish. That's just how Dave Grohl rolls, lol.

How much more time until the show starts?

Current time in Berlin is 7:38pm and according to LP.com either the doors open at 6:30pm or the show starts then, as it doesn't say. So more than likely they are on now?

EDIT:

20 minutes

Beat me to it!!!

Edited by LPFreak64

So, i hope this Show will have a change in the Setlist, i'm kind of tired of the "Main Festival Set" and i think the "Main Headline Set" will be like HOB but also will be awesome if they add some new songs like POWERLESS, CASTLE OF GLASS or maybe LOST IN THE ECHO...

Somebody will be updating the setlist ?