30 Second Snippet Of Burn It Down

LPxDC

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont like the lyrics, very simplistic and meaningless imo. done so many times is the opposite chorus: up, down, up and down. Just not very creative imo.

Its 30-seconds of a likely 3.30min song. Wait until you hear it all before judging the lyrics

pretty likely it's the chorus - it name-checks the title :lol:

in my estimation the song seems to be about the whole building up this HT/Meteora sound then disassembling it in MTM/ATS

[/2cents]

Edited by LGraham

I really don't know what I think of it. To me it just sounds like a terrible, industry produced pop dance track. The same sort of rubbish like LMFAO and Nicki Minaj or any industry puppet.

unfortunately I feel quite the same about that snippet. I guess (or at least hope) LP won't give us a whole Song sounding like this usual electro-pop-stuff.

Considering this might be the chorus it's still kinda disappointing, but I won't judge it before I've finally heard the full song. I can't imagine LP promoting their new record as cheap as this snippet sounded to me. I couldn't imagine them doing avicii-alike-electro-music before I heard those 30 seconds though either...

So let's wait for Monday.

About the snippet--I'm glad they decided to take this direction. They're a group of six adults. They aren't singing about angst anymore, they tried the whole worldly political thing, they tried the whole profound and visionary thing...now they're just making music that has a good melody, that they can have fun with, and experiment with different sounds.

As for the much earlier discussion about first singles from each album: I agree that One Step Closer is not that strong of a song, probably one of the worst on HT, but I still remember watching the world premiere of the music video on MTV, and falling in love instantly. Somewhere I Belong IS a very well done song, even now it has this feeling and these sounds that I don't get from other songs. What I've Done is good but "generic" for an LP song, and The Catalyst was good but they tried really hard to be "out there" and it takes away from it. ALSO, I HATE HATE HATE the non-album version of The Catalyst.... They get rid of one of the "Lift me up..." iterations in the bridge and that part is SO important, it brings in the bass line and builds up the drums which are fantastic. I can't listen to the non-album version.

You guys didn't hear the full LQ rip, did you? This preview is of the very first chorus. The guitar and vocals get heavier every time it comes around. After mikes rap, the last chorus explodes. The track builds. Don't be to quick to judge a song off of a snippet. The intro is really cool too. And btw, whoever posted those lyrics, they're terrible, they're nowhere close.

You guys didn't hear the full LQ rip, did you? This preview is of the very first chorus. The guitar and vocals get heavier every time it comes around. After mikes rap, the last chorus explodes. The track builds. Don't be to quick to judge a song off of a snippet. The intro is really cool too. And btw, whoever posted those lyrics, they're terrible, they're nowhere close.

This

This Single looks like to be just a Digital Single, what do you think guys ?

Or maybe the Physical Single could be available early on May...

They should release af physical version of the single too. For us collectors, streaming will not work in the long run :(

The radio station Sonic 102.9 has uploaded a 30 second snippet of Burn It Down, after much anticipation what are your thoughts on the song so far? Was it what you expected? With the song to premiere next Monday, with album details to soon surface, are you excited yet? Do you think Burn It Down will sound just like the rest of the album? Sound off in the thread!

You can listen to the snippet HERE

Credit: LPAssociation

I just came....