Julien-K - New Album Artwork, Previews, Release Show, Tour Recap

[AndOne]

There is nothing going in the LP world right now, but a lot has happened around Julien-K in the last days!

The artwork for the new album "We Are Here With You" was revealed, the album previews are available on iTunes and the album is ready for preorder there and on Amazon. Just today they released the full "Breakfast In Berlin" song for free!

You can download the song here.

Posted Image

Additionally to the album release on the 23rd of January next year they announced a record release show at the Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood on January 21st (the venue is famously known among the LP fans for the Collision Course show with Jay-Z in 2004), and each show ticket comes with a free copy of the album two days before the official release! How awesome is that?

You can get tickets here.

Also here's a little recap from the European Tour 2011:

The song Fail With Grace was only played during the lst tour and will not be on the upcoming album. The live version was taken from the SDS Sessions V.1 Vinyl EP, you can find the show page of the recording session here.

I think it would be nice to add this to the post:

To promote the album, a song that was originally recorded for inclusion on We're Here With You but was later removed from the final tracklisting, "The Hunting" (mixed by Jay Baumgardner), was released for free to fans who participated in a virtual game called The Hunt.

To complete the second part of The Hunt, fans are required to get "The Hunting" scrobbled by 1,000 listeners, and 10,000 scrobbles total on Last.fm, which will unlock another unreleased non-album track "Everyone Knows".

Posted Image

Really? The lack of comments on the post seem to indicate my point is valid. Just saying

LPLive actually doesn't post much Julien-K news. Even then, LP is writing a new album right now, LP news is very slow. This post is about their new album that is coming out, it's a pretty big deal for JK fans and for JK. It's not like the post is about a Julien-K interview or something not important.

Some new Julien-K news: http://www.systemedestreet.net/2011/11/a-v...t-announcement/

For those too lazy to read: Elias is leaving the band until further notice because he has another child on the way and he needs to commit to his family.

Damn... Brandon, now Elias. Elias is one of the coolest people I have ever met. He gave me his drumstick that he used at Ulalume in 2009 and I took a picture with him, he was totally cool. Great, great drummer. I love his work in JK and DBS and this will greatly affect my love for JK's music. He is a crucial part...

Damn... Brandon, now Elias. Elias is one of the coolest people I have ever met. He gave me his drumstick that he used at Ulalume in 2009 and I took a picture with him, he was totally cool. Great, great drummer. I love his work in JK and DBS and this will greatly affect my love for JK's music. He is a crucial part...

Just be sure to read that full post - he's not leaving the band, he just won't be touring with them for a while. Not that he won't be missed on tour by all of the fans, but his presence will still be in the music itself.

EDIT ::

It could also be noted that some countries' iTunes Store will have the SDS EP available for purchase in about 2 weeks (December 16, according to the German iTunes Store - pre-orders are available now).

Edited by JaySinkie

Exactly my reaction, but for the thread, not for his post.

so what's the matter, if you don't care about this, and there's nothing going around LP right now, just do another stuff, there are plenty of subforums to talk about lots of things about LP. furthermore, there's a whole internet to browse and find something that you care to post... if that's not enough, there's a complete whole life outside internet, so if you just don't like it, well... there are billion things that you should be doing rather that bitching about.

thought the SDS vinyl cover was wayyy better than the album cover

but Breakfast In Berlin is really good, i love it!

excited for the full album :)

EDIT: drunk, party, so I haven't read the thread - come at me bro...

Edited by LGraham

• 2 weeks later...