21.09.2011 - Jakarta, Indonesia

hahninator

Linkin Park's next show of their Asian Tour comes in Jakarta, Indonesia at the Stadion Utama Gelora Bung Karno. The band has only performed in Jakarta once before, in 2004 at the Pantai Carnaval (show page here) so this is sure to be a special show for both LP and the fans. After Jakarta, LP plays in Bangkok and Singapore to end the tour and has a one-off show at the DeLuna Festival in Pensacola, FL in mid October.

At the last show in Taipei, LP played set C7. Here is a video of 'Blackout':

One thing I'd like to point out about this tour is how 'Cure For The Itch' hasn't made an appearance! The band played it at both shows in the US before Asia (Las Vegas and Los Angeles) to open the show but it hasn't been played in Asia yet. It wasn't played for over three years before it opened the show in Vegas, but it seems like it might not come back again for a while! In good news, both 'Blackout' and 'Burning In The Skies' are being played quite a bit this tour after being semi-rare in Australia in 2010 and North America and Europe this year. Although 'Wretches & Kings' and 'The Messenger' are gone from the shows on this tour, the setlist they had both of them in (called Set A1) now features 'Blackout' (a fan favorite) in the encore in place of 'The Messenger', which definitely will make some people happy.

Interesting fact: 'Blackout' was played 3 times on the Australian Tour, 8 times on the North American Tour, 3 times on the Summer Tour, and 4 times so far on the Fall Tour. It's been played at the last four shows of the current tour.

With only three shows left, can we expect anything out of the ordinary in Asia? Would you like to see Mike sing 'No Roads Left' over 'Bleed It Out' again? The reaction to that was very positive so hopefully it pops back up before the end of the tour. I don't think 'Robot Boy' is going to be played so I think us hoping for that part of 'No Roads Left' is about all we'll get this tour.

Anyone from LPLive going to the show in Jakarta? M&G?

After Jakarta, there's a show in Bangkok on the 23rd and a show in Singapore on the 25th. For the full 2011 tour schedule, setlists and more, click here.

SETLIST: (Live Updates)

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Given Up

04. New Divide

05. Faint

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting for The End

11. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance (Live Version)

15. Breaking The Habit

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer

-----------------------------------

19. Fallout

20. The Catalyst

21. Blackout

22. In The End

23. What I've Done

24. Bleed it Out (w/ drum solo & 'A Place For My Head' bridge)

Maybe Cure For The Itch opened the US shows as a small salute to the big Hybrid Theory fans in the U.S., which I'm pretty sure is the country that loves that album the most (relative to other Linkin Park albums).

Whereas this is Asia's first ATS tour so they get The Requiem.

Maybe Cure For The Itch opened the US shows as a small salute to the big Hybrid Theory fans in the U.S., which I'm pretty sure is the country that loves that album the most (relative to other Linkin Park albums).

Whereas this is Asia's first ATS tour so they get The Requiem.

Well said. I agree. And The Requiem is so much better than Cure for the Itch anyways.

The most expensive class (VVIP) in this venue costs about US$ 443 . The Festival class costs about US$ 133

Damn that is expensive for one show.

Sorry, but a LP tour has never been that boring (except the Summer 09 tour maybe)...

Yeah, really struggling here for preshow post info when nothing is changing. I thought when Pooch said new stuff we were getting some changes. Difficult tour to cover with 1. not really anything changing at all and 2. info that is hard to get from Asia.

1 -The Requiem

2 - The Radiance

3 - Papercut

4 - Given Up

5 - New Divide

6 - Faint

7 - Empty Spaces

8 - When They Come For Me

9 - No More Sorrow

10 - Jornado Del Muerto

11 - Waiting For The End

Loads of Tweets about the show while it's going on

Edited by philporter

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Given Up

04. New Divide

05. Faint

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting for The End

11. Wisdom, Justice & Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance

15. Breaking The Habit

16. Shadow of The Day

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer

-----------------------------------

19. Fallout

20. The Catalyst

21. Blackout

22. In The End

23. What I've Done

24. Bleed it Out (with Rob's drum solo and A Place for My Head during bridge)

The promoter is also active in live update! @bigdaddyid

Photos HERE. More will be coming soon after the show!

Wow. It's like Osaka's

Edited by vyonizr

Yeah Wretches and Blackout in the same set would be pretty sweet. That's only happened a few times.

http://lplive.net/shows/20101213.php

What an epic setlist. Best of the MTM touring cycle by far.

Besides the obvious typo everyone else has picked you up on this is seriously my favourite set they have in this touring cycle.

I was happy as fuck to get this set at Sydney for the second night. Just epic.