"We're Famous But We're Not Celebrities" Interview

hahninator

LinkinMark has alerted me to a great interview with Mike and Chester from a London hotel, talking about "A Thousand Suns", the Moscow show and more. We usually don't post band interviews here but I liked this one a lot and I will post good ones, so here's this one conducted recently.

""When you come out of the gate with a record like Hybrid Theory, from a business point of view it's really dumb not to keep on doing that," Bennington says, all smiles, his big, black earrings and tattooed arms the only visual signs of his nu-metal past. "But we aren't a manufacturer. We are artists, and we've gone philosophically back to where we were writing music before we sold a record. When we were excited about a song, not because … "

Rapper and multi-instrumentalist Mike Shinoda butts in: " … This is going to be a hit!""

Check out the full interview here.

What do you think?

Cool interview! That went way deep, probably the first interview I read all the way through haha. It always worries me when Chester says he doesn't want to scream. I guess its the fact I feel like that's just him. At concerts when he yells its just like holy crap thats awesome. But I also realize he has an amazing voice.

Great interview, but... "That didn't help build bonds with the rest of the band – who were more into pot and booze, and had no idea their frontman would be sitting on the tour bus tripping."

I was unaware that the other members of the band smoked pot :P

Great interview, but... "That didn't help build bonds with the rest of the band – who were more into pot and booze, and had no idea their frontman would be sitting on the tour bus tripping."

I was unaware that the other members of the band smoked pot :P

I re-read that part few times, thinking that I misunderstood something there... :)

Great interview. It's one of the best in one line with the Kerrang one from 2008, if I'm not mistaken.

I re-read that part few times, thinking that I misunderstood something there... :)

Great interview. It's one of the best in one line with the Kerrang one from 2008, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah that one was really good. That's where Chester went REALLY in depth with his past right? Second best LP interview I've read outside of that Kerrang one where Chester told all.

I fucking knew the band smoked pot. It sucks that they're older now and probably don't dabble as often (who knows though, they are from Cali :P) but I've still got high hopes for a nice relaxing smoke out with the guys someday.

I would bet Mike, Pho, Chester where the ones who smoked, while brad and joe and rob drank heavly

I dunno. Brad has the build of a pot smoker. Dresses like one too. :D

It's a shame interviews like this probably go unnoticed to people who aren't hardcore fans. It would probably change their perspective on LP's change in direction. Too many people call it selling out, which is pretty ignorant of them.