"We're Famous But We're Not Celebrities" Interview

hahninator

I dunno. Brad has the build of a pot smoker. Dresses like one too. :D

It's a shame interviews like this probably go unnoticed to people who aren't hardcore fans. It would probably change their perspective on LP's change in direction. Too many people call it selling out, which is pretty ignorant of them.

the word selling out pisses me off because ignorant people use to it, to try to think they know what music is and try to be "hip"

You know, I can handle that they were into pot and even alcohol, in fact it doesn't surprise me even though I see these guys as saints (even though I know that's not true). But there is one OTHER "rockstar" stereotype I wonder about them.....And it makes me wondering. :/ But then I don't think I want to know...It wouldn't surprise for a past thing but I don't know about now. And I probably shouldn't be talking about it anyway.

Edited by Doris The Spider

Read the interview- still think the sold out to a certain extent. I understand changing; I do not understand completely abandoning your roots and original fanbase.

How can you possibly say that they sold out? Selling out would mean releasing Hybrid Theory every year cuz thats their most successful album! I think if they sold out their sales would have increased instead of decreasing <_<

Great interview, but... "That didn't help build bonds with the rest of the band – who were more into pot and booze, and had no idea their frontman would be sitting on the tour bus tripping."

I was unaware that the other members of the band smoked pot :P

Is this some kind of mistake because seriously I didn't think they were the type.

The new metal sound was no longer popular after Meteora hence the change. What music are they making now, soft rock? I wonder why. Because it's now popular.

Lady Gaga, Bieber, Nicki Minaj and hip-hop is what's popular. I no longer listen to the radio anymore because the ones I get in clear are all the above mentioned and nothing else. I have heard Linkin Park only on rock-only stations - even ATS stuff.

Basically look at it like this:

Popular stuff, all those clubbers go out, hear those songs, and:

Posted Image

LP stuff, you'd have a hard time doing the same.

Wasn't it said in the interview about them working with Rick Rubin for album 5 that HT and Meteora were to get their name out there and lay the foundation, Minutes to Midnight was to start experimenting and discovering they can produce music different than the first two albums, and ATS was the first album after that transition, where they did what they wanted to do.

Soft rock is Eagles, etc. LP will always be that melting pot of different elements of music.

Edited by MrCinder

Chester actually says here that the band didn't smoke. XP http://www.lptimes.com/news2008/jan/kerrang_jan2008_09.jpg

Maybe, the band was afraid to come out and say that they did. Besides Chester, the rest of the band is very secretive and private with their lives, while Chester is very open. I'm not sure though. I know that Rob had a dark past with drugs and I know that Mike drinks, for sure. I read somewhere that Mike passed out drunk on stage once from drinking dixie cups full of beer. And I know that Rob did from many interviews about it.

Edited by Geki

the word selling out pisses me off because ignorant people use to it, to try to think they know what music is and try to be "hip"

when in fact they are anti- selling out

cause if they were sellouts they'd be making more money, but they are making less money so they are anti-sellouts.

(i just wish they weren't anti-sellouts though)

Lady Gaga, Bieber, Nicki Minaj and hip-hop is what's popular. I no longer listen to the radio anymore because the ones I get in clear are all the above mentioned and nothing else. I have heard Linkin Park only on rock-only stations - even ATS stuff.

Basically look at it like this:

I hear WFTE on this one station that plays more pop music than any other genre

And sorry for double post

The new metal sound was no longer popular after Meteora hence the change. What music are they making now, soft rock? I wonder why. Because it's now popular.

I wouldn't say their stuff is soft rock. I would rather hear hard rock not soft rock. I hate almost all of today's rock because it is too soft, but if LP was then I would hate their new new stuff and I don't.

Hum, I'm not surprised the band used to smoke pot and I'm even sure some of them continue to do it from time to time. There is a video somewhere on youtube when you can see Mike hanging out with the GBC crew, and he looks so high! ahah

I wonder what drugs Chester did during the times MTM was being recorded then. Cuz I know he was an alcoholic and smoked weed, but judging by this interview, the rest of the band did as well. In the issue of Inked that he did an interview, he said he liked to do ecstasy, shrooms, cocaine and acid, maybe that's what he means when he was 'tripping' out while the rest of the band drank and smoked pot.