"Wisdom, Justice, & Love" To Be Removed From DSPs

hahninator

As some of you may have noticed, the song "Wisdom, Justice, & Love" is missing from the Atlanta show DSP. Upon further investigation, I have been told that it is missing from some past shows (if not all?) as well.

Miles Muse (LPFreak64) asked Pooch about it on Facebook and he had this to say, "Yeah - I heard that they might have to remove WJI because of licensing issues. When you play a live performance publishers charge money for usage of a sound byte like the Martin Luther King speech. So every time they play it live, the band has to pay a usage fee. Obviously they are prevented from releasing the recorded version, perhaps due to the Martin Luther King estate stipulating a no recorded release in their contract. So you will get to see it live but probably will not be released as a DSP from now on. (Just WJI)."

Apparently the Oppenheimer and Savio speeches are still good to go but the MLK Jr estate is preventing this song from being released in a DSP.

What do you guys think about this? This is the first song to ever be omitted from a Linkin Park DSP since they started their live recordings in 2007. An interesting note is that the song starts the LP encore in Set C5....so that means in every show it's going to have to be edited out, but in C5, the crowd will have to be edited precisely to retain that loud noise when the band returns to the stage. Do you think LP should drop the song from the setlist perhaps? Or what should they do in place of it? What is everyones' thoughts on it missing from the DSPs?

Also, the Twitter account for Ryan DeMarti (associated with the band's management) gave us information on why the DSP pictures for the first few North American shows in 2011 were so small compared to previous ones: "photographer mistake that is being fixed on future shows. In the interest of time we released them that way for the first couple." Do you think LP should release the higher quality pics in place of these, or just forget about it?

I say they should drop it and then flip flop Numb and Iridescent. Radiance inbetween them, done deal. Or just do like a new improv piano piece into it. I don't think it's a good idea, however, to keep playing it in the setlists when it can't be released because that means each show they do it, that's an incomplete recording. I think it'd be best if they dropped it altogether.

WATCH FROM 3:00 - 3:20.

Courtesy of LPPhan2005

That small piano interlude/outro works way better than WJL. WJL is such a bore from what I've heard on the DSPS.

I agree, they could do perfectly well without it, especially since they already have that small piano interlude to work with. It would make the DSP feel more whole than performing an interlude they can't even release and subsequently cutting it.

I agree, they could do perfectly well without it, especially since they already have that small piano interlude to work with. It would make the DSP feel more whole than performing an interlude they can't even release and subsequently cutting it.

This. 100% agreed. Let's see what the band does with the next few shows...specifically Philly!

....or they could always replace it with a surprise performance of Wretches & Kings ;) lol

Leave it out of the DSPs, but keep playing it live as the whole point to a concert is to get the full experience while a DSP is a shadow representation of the experience meant to be a memento. Who cares if it gets cut out. But definitely leave it in the setlist. I mean all the band would probably do is simply just play Iridescent by itself. Leaving the speech only adds to the song.

I agree. A piano interlude works way better than the speech. They should leave it out.

they should make a new instrumental like wjl and use it live or use the piano but playing it and then its not on the dsp sucks

anyway i have the dsp from 2010 berlin (i was on that concert) and wisdom justice and love is on the dsp

i think they'll should drop it. i mean, they can figure out how to play iridescent alone, like after numb, as it was said before, the piano outro with oppenheimer's speech should do it.

:P maybe they could bring another instrumental if they drop wjl? maybe wake.

yep they should drop WJaL...and replace it with short keyborad intro :)

I don't really care what they do either way. They will probably keep playing like normal live and not worry about it not being released on the DSPs.

As for this:

Upon further investigation, I have been told that it is missing from some past shows (if not all?) as well.

It has been released on every DSP up until Atlanta. I have just checked all DSPs since ATS's release. The only times it wasn't released on the DSP was when it wasn't played live. (Melbourne, Homebush, and Canberra) Also, the New York CD Release show, but a DSP was not released for it.

Edited by LPFreak64