What do you expect of LP's 5th album

Lets take a look at this

HT+Metora = Perfect mix of Metal/Alt Rock and Hip Hop/Rap. the perfect mix of rapping+screaming

MTM = Went in more of an Alternative direction, taking away the metal/rap edge except on a couple songs (BIO, NMS, Given Up), also had Mike singing for the 1st time (In Between).

ATS = LP lost their Metal edge on this album, going in an Electronic/Hip-Hop/Rap direction on this one, with some rock sounds mixed in (Catalyst), and we see Mike's singing has progressed a lot more (Blackout, Iridescent).

Now, based on how they are going right now, what do you expect of their 5th album?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard to say what the 5th will look like :) only 1 thing I know hardcore never return again so hardcore fans admit it ;) The main idea(-s) of the album depends of what guys will want to do next: go in ATS way directly or made something new again, or make complex of something. Without hearing any official ideas of guys I wouldn't suggest anything.

More guitars, less synth. (synth is awesome, but this is an expectation thread)

live strings

ballad

interludes

harder sounding

but somehow different from the past 4 albums

by the way i am 100% sure we will get new album in the next 12 months

Edited by Robot Boy

LESS BALLAD! Damn, MTM and ATS (and even b-sides) are made 70/80% of that.Not that I don't like it, but if they continue in this direction, live shows will become sleepy.

Next record could be hip hop or electro or pop...I don't care much, but more energy please!

My secret dream would be a really heavy record though, but I'm almost sure it won't happen...

Similar to ATS, but with more aggressive hip-hop songs a la WaK/WTCFM.

I think the next album will be more a group effort, opposed to ATS (essentially Mike's album).

I don't know if you mean other stuff also, but Mike and Chester equally sing throughout the album.

Of the fith album I want: 1 intro song, 3 songs like Meteora/Hybrid, 3 songs like Minutes to Midnight, 3 songs like ATS, 5 songs with a new sound. BUT, i know that would never happen.

What i think will happen is either a totally new sound, or ATS sound again

I don't know if you mean other stuff also, but Mike and Chester equally sing throughout the album.

I think what he means is that he felt the album, for the most part, was written by Mike alone. Something that I firmly believe is true. It isn't unusual though for a band to have one person who writes the music and the rest play/record what he's written. In fact it's very common. Carl Bell wrote all of Fuel's music, Billy Corgan writes all of Smashing Pumpkin's music, John Cooper writes all of Skillet's music, Jasen Rauch writes all of Red's music, and it's rumored that Ben Burnley writes all the Breaking Benjamin music.

I have to say, ATS was just released like 5 months ago and I'm already totally over it. I love ATS, but I feel different about the album than others. I still love Hybrid Theory, Meteora and MTM and I am not bored of them at all. But ATS...it just feels so incomplete for me. Burning In The Skies is the only song I truly love from the album. I want their 5th album to be like the others, and not so much a concept album like ATS pretty much was. I want the heavy guitars brought back, at least on a few tracks and I want Chester singing more and Mike singing less. ATS is great and probably their best album to date, but it's definitely not my favorite, if that makes any sense.

What i like about Linkin Park, at each new album, they release something totally new that we don't even expected .

I think for their next record, we will still be really surprised of the song, but yeah i hope we could at least hear more guitars.... otherwise, i totally trust them =)

I think I can say a real heavy album from these guys would be epic. It would be such a left turn from them aswell with all the casual listeners thinkin LP have gone 'soft' since MtM.

Even if their electro/synthy like W&K & WTCFME that'll be awesome. but we need moar!!

But if Brads so against playing Electric guitars anymore, why not take that experimental edge even further and use east & west instruments like George Harrison did with the "Sitar". That would be insane!

Edited by Bennington_Hahn

I have to say, ATS was just released like 5 months ago and I'm already totally over it. I love ATS, but I feel different about the album than others. I still love Hybrid Theory, Meteora and MTM and I am not bored of them at all. But ATS...it just feels so incomplete for me. Burning In The Skies is the only song I truly love from the album. I want their 5th album to be like the others, and not so much a concept album like ATS pretty much was. I want the heavy guitars brought back, at least on a few tracks and I want Chester singing more and Mike singing less. ATS is great and probably their best album to date, but it's definitely not my favorite, if that makes any sense.

i agree, besides that WFTE is the song i love and not BITS, but ATS got boring to me. I don't even listen to it in full anymore, i just listen to WFTE. I waas listening to WaK the other day, and it was as i didn't even really like that song anymore. I used to LOVE that song. I mean ATS is a good album and my second favorite by them, but it just doesn't have the same power it used to.

I want the next album to be their heaviest album yet

i agree, besides that WFTE is the song i love and not BITS, but ATS got boring to me. I don't even listen to it in full anymore, i just listen to WFTE. I waas listening to WaK the other day, and it was as i didn't even really like that song anymore. I used to LOVE that song. I mean ATS is a good album and my second favorite by them, but it just doesn't have the same power it used to.

I want the next album to be their heaviest album yet

I think the problem with this album is specially due to the fact, that most of the songs are not "basic" songs like verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/double chorus . Okay Phoenix had this idea do to thoses songs totally different because he thought "this was lame" , but that's i think the principal reason of why we all think this album is kinda weird .