What do you expect of LP's 5th album

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next album will consist of songs that are so different from the last album that most of the old stuff can no longer be played live as it doesn't "fit" with the new stuff and the majority of concerts will consist of the same generic setlist

The next album will consist of songs that are so different from the last album that most of the old stuff can no longer be played live as it doesn't "fit" with the new stuff and the majority of concerts will consist of the same generic setlist

Dude, what's up with the contradictions galore going on with your whole statement. How can they have a generic setlist that is void of their old stuff(which i'm sure you're referring to HT & Meteroa.) In fact, in order for something to be considered "generic Linkin Park" it would have to be something that is like/or from Hybrid Theory because that was the album that established their original sound with everything that came after at, only expanding it.

Edited by arbiter

Dude, what's up with the contradictions galore going on with your whole statement. How can they have a generic setlist that is void of their old stuff(which i'm sure you're referring to HT & Meteroa.) In fact, in order for something to be considered "generic Linkin Park" it would have to be something that is like/or from Hybrid Theory because that was the album that established their original sound with everything that came after at, only expanding it.

It was a joke, when I said "generic" I meant playing a similiar setlist over and over with very little changes like the recent setlists. Obviously with LP's sound changing, songs from previous albums might not fit in live with the music they realise in the future. Maybe the next album will sound completely different from ATS and they stop playing most of the songs from that, or maybe it won't. The point is some people complained about how LP's music has changed over the years and that next album will most likely be no different

Edited by Mr X

It was a joke, when I said "generic" I meant playing a similiar setlist over and over with very little changes like the recent setlists. Obviously with LP's sound changing, songs from previous albums might not fit in live with the music they realise in the future. Maybe the next album will sound completely different from ATS and they stop playing most of the songs from that, or maybe it won't. The point is some people complained about how LP's music has changed over the years and that next album will most likely be no different

I must be like the only one who actually loves it when an artist goes up on stage and plays a setlist with songs that sound drastically different from each other live. I hope everything you say come through. A new album with a completely different sound from ATS and their other albums sounds divine. I live for new experiences and LP has yet to disappoint.

I must be like the only one who actually loves it when an artist goes up on stage and plays a setlist with songs that sound drastically different from each other live. I hope everything you say come through. A new album with a completely different sound from ATS and their other albums sounds divine. I live for new experiences and LP has yet to disappoint.

I just hope it doesn't take another 3-4 years

• 2 months later...

Part of me thinks that LP will go more electronic on their next album...they already started to with ATS and they've toured with a lot of electronic driven bands for the majority of the ATS World Tour, such as drum and bass legends, Pendulum, as well as Does It Offend You, Yeah? and The Prodigy, as well as other bands like Dead Letter Circus. But it could very well be the exact opposite of electronic because maybe the reason they toured with those kind of bands was because it fit with ATS's sound somewhat...who knows. You can't really predict what LP will do next. I never thought ATS would sound the way it did. I somewhat expected MTM to sound the way it did, but not as much on songs like Hands Held High, In Between, In Pieces, TLTGYA, etc. LP will probably do something super creative and something that sounds nothing like HT, Meteora, MTM or ATS at all.

I dunno....Linkin Park have been getting softer and softer from each album they release and are getting further away from their Heavy Metal sound they once had in HT and Meteora.

As much as I want LP to make another heavy album, I strongly doubt it...I just cant see it anymore. They will probably make another ATS album or something along those lines...All I know is, the headbanging LP we all once knew is long gone IMO.

• 1 month later...

and more difficult question ...

Don't know which way will turn the LP music after ATS ... IMHO we can expect almost anything, and almost because we have never been repeated HT, we have no other Meteora, MTM also should not be repeated, ATS also is unique.

Chester and the company are unpredictable, we can see the music videos filmed by Mr.Hahn and for example, after choosing the songs on the singles.

Edited by gottsu

Probably won't be a LP fan anymore if the next album is softer than ATS, although I don't see how that's possible. Not a fan of Mike doing lead vocals at all. He sucks. I like Chester better. After all, he is what got LP actually famous. Maybe if there is a lot of screaming and loud guitars I will become a LP fan again. We'll see in like 4 years.

Part of me thinks that LP will go more electronic on their next album...they already started to with ATS and they've toured with a lot of electronic driven bands for the majority of the ATS World Tour, such as drum and bass legends, Pendulum, as well as Does It Offend You, Yeah? and The Prodigy, as well as other bands like Dead Letter Circus. But it could very well be the exact opposite of electronic because maybe the reason they toured with those kind of bands was because it fit with ATS's sound somewhat...who knows. You can't really predict what LP will do next. I never thought ATS would sound the way it did. I somewhat expected MTM to sound the way it did, but not as much on songs like Hands Held High, In Between, In Pieces, TLTGYA, etc. LP will probably do something super creative and something that sounds nothing like HT, Meteora, MTM or ATS at all.

i agree with thoose two sentences a lot and i agree with the rest of it to. I think it could be something totally different

Probably won't be a LP fan anymore if the next album is softer than ATS, although I don't see how that's possible. Not a fan of Mike doing lead vocals at all. He sucks. I like Chester better. After all, he is what got LP actually famous. Maybe if there is a lot of screaming and loud guitars I will become a LP fan again. We'll see in like 4 years.

i think if their next album is super soft i will still be a fan but not as much as their old stuff

• 4 weeks later...

People keep saying that LP is going in this "new" electro sounding direction, when really it's not that new at all! They've always had an electro vibe courtesy of Mike and Joe, but they've never exactly capitalized on it. Hybrid Theory was pretty big on electronics, but it wasn't the main focus of the album. Meteora also experimented with different sounds and landscapes, stuff like Faint and SIB shows a bit of that experimentation, M2M same, had the electronics, even if much less than its predecessors. I think they were just tired of emphasizing the rap / rock / metal sound they'd been labeled with, and wanted to show that they weren't JUST that. That's why for ATS they made their electronic side their main goal. I think now with four albums that showcases all of their already existing genres, they'll either play it safe or try something new entirely, something that wasn't on any of the current material.

I see them making some crazy as music that will blow our heads off. Dead material.

Nah I reckon they will continue to improve their sound and become of the many different bands out there today. New music is about New sounds and shit that hasnt been done before. I dont want to get another record and be like "Shit that sounds like HT" Keep evolving and ill be a happy fan.

I see them making some crazy as music that will blow our heads off. Dead material.

Nah I reckon they will continue to improve their sound and become of the many different bands out there today. New music is about New sounds and shit that hasnt been done before. I dont want to get another record and be like "Shit that sounds like HT" Keep evolving and ill be a happy fan.

i dissagree. i like the fact that that they are evolving but if the made a cd even somewhat like HT, that would blow my socks off! I like the new stuff, but the old stuff is what got me into them, and thats the stuff i like the most and i want them to make another cd like HT (even though it probably wont happen). I would be more happ then ever if they made a cd like HT or Meteora