What is the big deal with ATL?

Mystery

Honestly. I listened to the song when it first came out, and listened to it again today. I find it awful. One of the worst Linkin Park songs I have ever listened to behind Hit The Floor. I don't mean to troll but everybody worships this song. And the "heavy" bridge that breaks the indie-pop feel of this song is laughable. I didn't like this song a year ago, and still can't find good in it today. What's the big deal?

Exactly what Ash said.

It's all about the persons musical tastes.

Some people will love Across the Line, some will hate Across the Line.

And someone would give it oral. And I'm pretty sure that would be Legend ;)

exactly, ^^^^

Personally, tho I love ATL, I do feel it is overated, especially here on LPL (or more specifically: Legend :lol: )

I feel that this song builds up to something really epic, but then lets itself down after the Bridge. LP are too keen in making songs between 3-4 minutes. It'll been even better if an even crazier & heavier part kicked in after the bridge instead of going back to the chorus again.

But thats just me.

i love this song and the big deal is that compared to in between or valentine's day (which are also songs that i like) would of made M2M a more enjoyable album and probably there wouldn't be so much hate on the album. including NRL ,blackbirds and what we don't know , ATL are better LP songs than the songs that made the final cut.

except not alone. that song is too soft... XD

i love this song and the big deal is that compared to in between or valentine's day (which are also songs that i like) would of made M2M a more enjoyable album and probably there wouldn't be so much hate on the album. including NRL ,blackbirds and what we don't know , ATL are better LP songs than the songs that made the final cut.

except not alone. that song is too soft... XD

In Between is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Across the Line and I agree with LP's decision to keep it off the album. Chester screaming and some heavy guitar does not make it the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

Just saying...

Edited by leftshoe18

In Between is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Across the Line and I agree with LP's decision to keep it off the album. Chester screaming and some heavy guitar does not make it the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

Just saying...

+1 The lyrics of IB are still some of my favorite LP lyrics of all time. But ATL is still good.

im not saying that IB sucks or it has bad lyrics . it's an excellent vocal performance by mike or bad lyrics and i like it too but i'm just saying that IMO that ATL should of been in M2M.

I guess I just really like MTM the way it is. Even the songs I don't particularly like on their own(Given Up, Shadow of the Day, Valentine's Day) flow so well with the other tracks that I wouldn't really want any of them removed.

In all reality I think that Minutes to Midnight should have been a double album. They recorded a bunch of good material in that time frame and I feel they could have filled up two discs with quality tracks by just finishing a few more songs.