Mike Shinoda's Home Studio Tour

DecanoLP

Emusician recently released two very interesting videos that show Mike explaning his home studio. In the first video, he shows us all the different rooms and instruments while we are able to take a deeper look at ProTools and some samples they created for "A Thousand Suns" in the second video.

Credit : MikeShinodaClan

Edited by LPxDC

Let's say if Linkin Park made a dvd with home studio tours and how to made certain songs for example..

Crawling, New Divide, The Wake etc would be awesome!

I enjoyed watching this since i was curious how his home studio really looked like and what kinda gears he's using.

Better the Making of DVD. He use great alternative for the whole equalizer system. I will get that stuff soon and make my own A Thousand Suns.

But i dont use Pro-Tools :(

Pro Tools isn't the end all be all. It's the industry standard, but it's just a fancy version of other DAWs. What do you use?

Pro Tools isn't the end all be all. It's the industry standard, but it's just a fancy version of other DAWs. What do you use?

In Studio mainly CUBASE 5. and when i am at my small studio i use Abelton Live 8. Both works great with M-Audio Key Rig 49. :)

In Studio mainly CUBASE 5. and when i am at my small studio i use Abelton Live 8. Both works great with M-Audio Key Rig 49. :)

I used Sonar 7 once to track guitars and without using it before, I was comfortable and getting good sounds within minutes. Abelton, on the other hand, I've had a hard time getting the hang of for whatever reason.

I used Sonar 7 once to track guitars and without using it before, I was comfortable and getting good sounds within minutes. Abelton, on the other hand, I've had a hard time getting the hang of for whatever reason.

I havn't used sonar, Abelton is kinda frustration sometime but its great for mixing and mastering. You should get CUBASE 5. Its almost same as ProTools. and dont need any Digidesignes or Steinberg hardware and works with any USB based MIDI Controller. and the inbuilt plug-ins are super versatile and unique.

I use both ProTools and Logic. I use logic on my laptop and when i work with bands a musicians on their music I generally work on a console, and in that case I like to use ProTools.

its a nice simple set up. Nothing flashy besides his virus and mpc's. only issue i have is that he doesn't have a very dry room. everything is wet due to, what sounds like poor acoustical set up of his house (which is natural.) I would have transformed his personal office with the piano into a very dry room. but i suppose it fits what he needs

its a nice simple set up. Nothing flashy besides his virus and mpc's. only issue i have is that he doesn't have a very dry room. everything is wet due to, what sounds like poor acoustical set up of his house (which is natural.) I would have transformed his personal office with the piano into a very dry room. but i suppose it fits what he needs

The Only Acoustic Treatment he wants is in the booth. for guitar and vocals, which he has but think they recorded guitar in there studio NRG. and most of the piano parts too.