"The Radiance" Live - Naming Vote

hahninator

"The Radiance" Naming  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What do we call the version of "The Radiance" the band is playing live right now?

• Keep it as just "The Radiance"
    • Keep it as "The Radiance", but add set notes after it (please specify)
    • "The Radiance 2.0"
    • "Radiance Remix"
    • "Radiance Interlude"
    • Other - please specify below

"The Radiance" live is totally different than the studio version. The studio version is just the speech, while live, Mike plays piano over it, sings part of "The Catalyst" on vocals and there's another speech clip at the end as well.

So here's the question...what do we call this? We all know Linkin Park called "Wake" by a different name in the summer of 2008 - "Wake 2.0", so do we do the same with "The Radiance"? It's your time to vote. LPL is for the fans, by the fans, so let's make it happen. As a community, let's decide what to call it.

The Radiance Interlude for me.

Also, there's something I'd like to say. We really shouldn't count "Empty Spaces" as a song as we are doing... And the interlude thing should be the same for "Wisdom, Justice and Love", "Jornada" and "Fallout"

The Radiance Interlude for me.

Also, there's something I'd like to say. We really shouldn't count "Empty Spaces" as a song as we are doing... And the interlude thing should be the same for "Wisdom, Justice and Love", "Jornada" and "Fallout"

I think we should add Empty Spaces to WTCFM's line as well. I had Spike go back and separate Requiem/Radiance from the NYC show.

So you think we should list the interludes with the actual songs? The actual LP setlist from NYC lists Jornada and Fallout on their own.

I think if A physical setlist appears we should go by that but we don't know when that will be...

This. I think if there is a setlist, it should be done exactly the way it shows on there. Same for songs like Jornada and Fallout.

I voted for the second option. I like the title "The Radiance 2.0," but I think it should just be left alone for now (with a set note for it of course), then when/if we find out the band refers to it as something different, we can always go back and change it.

Also, on the whole "individual songs" argument: If it's a separate track on an album, it should be a separate track on a setlist. The paper setlists the band uses shouldn't be an "end-all, be-all" gospel of how LPLive should note things. Paper setlists are made with convenience in mind so the band can read them quickly and easily in the middle of a show, not so they can be the most informative thing in the world.

I voted for the second option. I like the title "The Radiance 2.0," but I think it should just be left alone for now (with a set note for it of course), then when/if we find out the band refers to it as something different, we can always go back and change it.

Also, on the whole "individual songs" argument: If it's a separate track on an album, it should be a separate track on a setlist. The paper setlists the band uses shouldn't be an "end-all, be-all" gospel of how LPLive should note things. Paper setlists are made with convenience in mind so the band can read them quickly and easily in the middle of a show, not so they can be the most informative thing in the world.

Even Foreword?

But why would we list Empty Spaces when it's so short and goes into "When They Come For Me" exactly how "Foreword" goes into "Don't Stay" when we don't list that? See what I mean?

"The Requiem" and "The Radiance" were listed as one song for the NYC show until today when we changed it...we realized that was stupid. I guess A Thousand Suns really made some interesting stuff happen for our show pages, lol. I think we shouldn't list "Foreword" but shouldn't list "Empty Spaces" either if we don't do that - instead, list it on the set notes.

But why would we list Empty Spaces when it's so short and goes into "When They Come For Me" exactly how "Foreword" goes into "Don't Stay" when we don't list that? See what I mean?

"The Requiem" and "The Radiance" were listed as one song for the NYC show until today when we changed it...we realized that was stupid. I guess A Thousand Suns really made some interesting stuff happen for our show pages, lol. I think we shouldn't list "Foreword" but shouldn't list "Empty Spaces" either if we don't do that - instead, list it on the set notes.

I think it's easier to list Empty Spaces to the song notes of WTCFM than list all Foreword as extra song :P but it's up to you ;)

Even Foreword?

I guess in the case of Foreword, that's different because it's essentially part of Don't Stay - it's not like they're going to play Foreword and have it go into any other song. Empty Spaces is pretty much the same way, but I think it should be left as its own track (for now anyway) because the band could just as easily tack it onto the end of Burning in the Skies sometime in the future, or even use it as an interlude between some other songs.

But with every other instrumental/interlude/intro track - Wake, Fallout, Jornada Del Muerto, The Requiem, The Radiance, WJ&L, Session, CFTI, etc., they're all pretty open-ended and could be tweaked to work just about anywhere in a set. I would say it's unlikely, but then again, they went and split up The Requiem and The Radiance 2 shows into the tour, which I honestly thought they'd never do, haha.