Waiting For The End screenshots

Aberu

Joe has updated his bog up some pictures of the next video of Linkin Park "Waiting For The End"

"As some of you know, our next video is premiering this week. The clip is an experiment in making the most digital version of ourselves in the spirit of the visual pallette of A Thousand Suns. If you have been following our visuals throughout this album, this is the next step in our journey. I wanted to push ourselves so far down the digital path that it eventually felt spiritual. As we live our lives in the digital noise of today, we can find our center of humanity in the midst of the chaos. This is my illustration of that. I hope you enjoy this clip as we do. Here are some still shots to give you a sneak peak."

-Joe

Posted Image

JoeHahn.com

Edited by Aberu

Awful

umm I don't see whats so awful about them maybe you could explain alittle more?

I love them to be honest and maybe it has potential to be LP's most creative MV? but I would have to wait for finished product before thinking about that :P

Edited by TonyLPU

umm I don't see whats so awful about them maybe you could explain alittle more?

I love them to be honest and maybe it has potential to be LP's most creative MV? but I would have to wait for finished product before thinking about that :P

It's just my opinion, but it's not what I pictured at all. There's a great message behind Waiting For The End, taking the artsy route for the music video doesn't do the song justice in my opinion. It looks like New Divide part 2. What they should have done? NO clue. Do I like these screenshots? No. Should I wait until the video comes out before jumping the gun? Probably lol

Edited by thesungoesdown

Awful

Haha, theres always one.

What happened to everyone complaining there wasn't enough CGI in the early MTM days?

This video is setting it's self up to be one of my favourites.

It's like the ND video had offspring with the LOATR video = awesome.

Edited by sizedude

It's just my opinion, but it's not what I pictured at all. There's a great message behind Waiting For The End, taking the artsy route for the music video doesn't do the song justice in my opinion. It looks like New Divide part 2. What they should have done? NO clue. Do I like these screenshots? No. Should I wait until the video comes out before jumping the gun? Probably lol

I'll say what I think they should have done. I won't say that what they did was bad though until I see the full video.

Personally, based on the meaning of the song (both in the context of the album and what the song means by itself), I think it would have been fucking awesome to have the video filmed on an island. IMO, this concept would have fit the lyrics of the song while also fitting the music of the song. The song has a reggae/jamaican style feel to it and I think the scenery of an island would fit that perfectly. I think the main problem with doing this is that they would have had to travel far depending on what island they would go to. Might be tough to fit into their schedule.

We'll see how the video is though. It might turn out good. I just always imagined how awesome it would be seeing a music video for this on an island. It might have been predictable to some, but I think it could have worked great.

I'll say what I think they should have done. I won't say that what they did was bad though until I see the full video.

Personally, based on the meaning of the song (both in the context of the album and what the song means by itself), I think it would have been fucking awesome to have the video filmed on an island. IMO, this concept would have fit the lyrics of the song while also fitting the music of the song. The song has a reggae/jamaican style feel to it and I think the scenery of an island would fit that perfectly. I think the main problem with doing this is that they would have had to travel far depending on what island they would go to. Might be tough to fit into their schedule.

We'll see how the video is though. It might turn out good. I just always imagined how awesome it would be seeing a music video for this on an island. It might have been predictable to some, but I think it could have worked great.

Sorry, but I'm glad that you're not directing it.

That's great. I'm glad I'm not directing it either. I'm sure as hell glad that you and no one else on this forum are either.

lawlz

I think they should've had the band fighting through a city, shooting into smoke, they get to a deteriorating building. They are rapidly being pushed back against by some unknown enemy. Keeps going, they fight and fight, climbing the building as they go. At the end, they show the band on the roof top, cornered between certain death from the fall and the unknown enemy. Camera pans quickly.....wait for it.......

Zombie versions of each member

An alternate, director's cut could've been filmed with the zombies taking out each member on the way through the building.

And THAT is how they should've done it.