Article about LP show in NY

SpikeMinoda

New York Metromix wrote a small article about the LP show Tuesday evening at the Best Buy Theater.

As Linkin Park grows (deliberately?) more esoteric with each album, fans can count on a few constants. Namely, the group always delivers a well-stylized approach to heavy rock, one that neatly mixes metal, hip-hop and electronics without sacrificing pop hooks. The band's new record ("A Thousand Suns") may lack the aggression and angst of LP's early work, but it's also mature and atmospheric, and never boring...and thankfully, about as far removed from a 2000-era Limp Bizkit record as possible.

Tuesday night, the band debuted several new songs from "Suns" at New York's rechristened Best Buy Theater (formerly Nokia, and still pretty much the same layout as before). Even for a one-off show (no real tour 'til 2011), the band played it tight and cool. The early stuff ("In the End," "One Step Closer") raged; the new tracks (especially the soon-to-be-ubiqutious-power-ballad "Iridescent") challenged, and eventually won over the core fans.

—Kirk Miller

Find the article here and also some pictures from the show

LP is so dumb sometimes.

"Linkin Park played their first show in nearly two years (or, as Chester Bennington put it, "two f---ing years")"

What the fuck.

They've been working on an album for 2 years, and went through a ton of up's and down's along the way.

I think that random New Divide tour they did is the last thing on their minds. Relax.

LP is so dumb sometimes.

"Linkin Park played their first show in nearly two years (or, as Chester Bennington put it, "two f---ing years")"

What the fuck.

Actually genius, this would be their first show in two years. As in, their own show. Not a festival show with other bands here in the U.S of A. And like that dude said, i'm sure they don't count Transformers, MTV Awards, Kroq breakfast stuff as an an actual show and neither do I.

This is their first Linkin Park show in two years.

Actually genius, this would be their first show in two years. As in, their own show. Not a festival show with other bands here in the U.S of A. And like that dude said, i'm sure they don't count Transformers, MTV Awards, Kroq breakfast stuff as an an actual show and neither do I.

You forgot about Epiccenter last August. It was a year.

I'm about to be smellin' what the rock is cookin!

It amazes me how Mike continually shouts this website out and yet here you are once again being ungrateful towards them. I hope Mike comes to his senses when it comes to LPL. Just saying.

What in the world? How am I being UNGRATEFUL to the band? I'm not being ungrateful at all with that LOL. I support the band, I'd say more than 75% of fans. I go see them in Europe, I buy everything, I spend HOURS on LPLive. That's crazy to say that about me, LOL. I'm sure Mike hates LPL compared to LPA but honestly...does that really matter?

You've known me for how long? I have been a fan of this band since Hybrid Theory dropped. I am in no way UNGRATEFUL to Linkin Park. Hell yeah I criticize them a lot though. Hardcore fans are the hardest critics of a band - that's a fact. Sometimes it's true though (see: this statement by Chester being BS + Mike lipsynching Requiem in NYC).

Actually genius...wait. Have you even seen this? http://lplive.net/2009.php

LPLive = Linkin Park Live. There's a live guide on this website.

First show in two years? What is your source on that? I'll list you the shows the band played in the last two years and won't include those smaller shows. Full shows.

21/07/2009 - Athens, Greece

23/07/2009 - Graz, Austria - I was at this show

28/07/2009 - Zurich, Switzerland - I was also at this show

30/07/2009 - Stuttgart, Germany - Also at this one

02/08/2009 - Grafenhainichen, Germany - Guess what? Here too

11/08/2009 - Okinawa, Japan

15/08/2009 - Shanghai, China

16/08/2009 - Macao, China

Did you not see they did an entire Europe and Asian Tour last year? Plus they did a full show at Epicenter in LA, which even had DBS there. Full concert.

http://lplive.net/2008.php

Now go back to 2008. Since Projekt Revolution 2008 ended before September 2008, you can't count that. So, on to the next. Valerie won the Verizon contest and LP was going to play at the University of Las Vegas for her + a bunch of her college friends at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Date? October 16, 2008. Count that.

Plus, LP booked a Music For Relief Benefit Tour in October in Asia that was canceled for Chester's injury to his back from when he was playing with his kid. That was 5 shows (4 in China, one in Taiwan). But don't count those.

I'm not trying to be an ass to you but I'm telling you what the fact of the matter is. LP HAS played MANY shows in the past TWO years. For your sake, I didn't even list the FULL sets they did at any festivals so I can tell you it was completely their own show. Those shows: Rock'n Coke, Sonisphere (x2), Tuborg Greenfest, Rock One, Summer Sonic (x2), 2009 Summer Rock Summit, and Epicenter. DBS played at one Sonisphere, Summer Sonic (x2), and Epicenter.

Total full shows LP booked in the last TWO years (UNLV show counts + NYC 9/14): 23

Total full shows LP played in the last TWO years (75 min+): 18

Total shows LP played on their own (no festivals): 9

Total shows LP played at all (small shit included): 22

So you're seriously trying to tell me LP hasn't played live in two years? Are you kidding me? Hell, I SAW THEM LIVE FOUR TIMES LAST YEAR.

What in the world? How am I being UNGRATEFUL to the band? I'm not being ungrateful at all with that LOL. I support the band, I'd say more than 75% of fans. I go see them in Europe, I buy everything, I spend HOURS on LPLive. That's crazy to say that about me, LOL. I'm sure Mike hates LPL compared to LPA but honestly...does that really matter?

You've known me for how long? I have been a fan of this band since Hybrid Theory dropped. I am in no way UNGRATEFUL to Linkin Park. Hell yeah I criticize them a lot though. Hardcore fans are the hardest critics of a band - that's a fact. Sometimes it's true though (see: this statement by Chester being BS + Mike lipsynching Requiem in NYC).

Actually genius...wait. Have you even seen this? http://lplive.net/2009.php

LPLive = Linkin Park Live. There's a live guide on this website.

First show in two years? What is your source on that? I'll list you the shows the band played in the last two years and won't include those smaller shows. Full shows.

21/07/2009 - Athens, Greece

23/07/2009 - Graz, Austria - I was at this show

28/07/2009 - Zurich, Switzerland - I was also at this show

30/07/2009 - Stuttgart, Germany - Also at this one

02/08/2009 - Grafenhainichen, Germany - Guess what? Here too

11/08/2009 - Okinawa, Japan

15/08/2009 - Shanghai, China

16/08/2009 - Macao, China

Did you not see they did an entire Europe and Asian Tour last year? Plus they did a full show at Epicenter in LA, which even had DBS there. Full concert.

http://lplive.net/2008.php

Now go back to 2008. Since Projekt Revolution 2008 ended before September 2008, you can't count that. So, on to the next. Valerie won the Verizon contest and LP was going to play at the University of Las Vegas for her + a bunch of her college friends at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Date? October 16, 2008. Count that.

Plus, LP booked a Music For Relief Benefit Tour in October in Asia that was canceled for Chester's injury to his back from when he was playing with his kid. That was 5 shows (4 in China, one in Taiwan). But don't count those.

I'm not trying to be an ass to you but I'm telling you what the fact of the matter is. LP HAS played MANY shows in the past TWO years. For your sake, I didn't even list the FULL sets they did at any festivals so I can tell you it was completely their own show. Those shows: Rock'n Coke, Sonisphere (x2), Tuborg Greenfest, Rock One, Summer Sonic (x2), 2009 Summer Rock Summit, and Epicenter. DBS played at one Sonisphere, Summer Sonic (x2), and Epicenter.

Total full shows LP booked in the last TWO years (UNLV show counts + NYC 9/14): 23

Total full shows LP played in the last TWO years (75 min+): 18

Total shows LP played on their own (no festivals): 9

Total shows LP played at all (small shit included): 22

So you're seriously trying to tell me LP hasn't played live in two years? Are you kidding me? Hell, I SAW THEM LIVE FOUR TIMES LAST YEAR.

Well, you're not being an ass. After all, since you practically stalk them, I can't imagine anything slipping by you. I have no problem admitting when i'm in the wrong. But i do have to say, you obviously count some shows that i do not count as a Linkin Park show like festivals even if they headline with the exception of Pro Rev.

Well, you're not being an ass. After all, since you practically stalk them, I can't imagine anything slipping by you. I have no problem admitting when i'm in the wrong. But i do have to say, you obviously count some shows that i do not count as a Linkin Park show like festivals even if they headline with the exception of Pro Rev.

BOOM! MOTHER FUCKING HEAD SHOT!

lol @ you being so pissed you make up bullshit. Jesus, give me a break. If you want to talk about stalking, talk about Ana and Phoenix.

Would you chill. I meant nothing negative by that statement. Heck, i would stalk them too(their live shows that is) if i had the money. No i'm not pissed. I like the fact that you stalk their shows(electronic) and put it up here for the rest of us to view. I think i'm as much a big fan of them as you are. I admitted that you were right about them having played shows in the past two years in the world. I mean I still believe that NYC was their first exclusive Linkin Park show in two years, simply because i was referring to their shows here in the United States which i'm sure the band were too. I don't count festivals(Epicenter and the random Transformers Premier.)

Would you chill. I meant nothing negative by that statement. Heck, i would stalk them too(their live shows that is) if i had the money. No i'm not pissed. I like the fact that you stalk their shows(electronic) and put it up here for the rest of us to view. I think i'm as much a big fan of them as you are. I admitted that you were right about them having played shows in the past two years in the world. I mean I still believe that NYC was their first exclusive Linkin Park show in two years, simply because i was referring to their shows here in the United States which i'm sure the band were too. I don't count festivals(Epicenter and the random Transformers Premier.)

I dont count BOB as an music artist but is it true?

Ok guys, lets chill...

Let us go the civilized way and say it was their first exclusive show in NY in 2 years.

Is everyone happy now?