"The Requiem" - Mike Lipsynching?

hahninator

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how it even became a 'myth.' It was just kind of really dumb unwarranted speculation with no basis other than 'it sounds the same', despite being in a different key and having different words and being a vocoder'd part which is pretty easy to emulate since the pitch is controlled externally, to be honest.

you summed it up right here. this thread should be deleted.

Different lyrics are different. Live performance is live.

/caseclosed

Well, please everyone, if you heard the Kevin & Bean Perfomance he made a girl voice at instant, i know is not like the Album Version but he made something like that in a few seconds, so The Requiem is the first song of the Setlist and Fallout is the First after the Encore, he have enough time to make "that" effect, and as Ana Said...

HE'S NOT LIPSYNCING.

:lol:

Edited by maik_gianino

If you listen to the full recording of the Kevin and Bean Breakfast With Linkin Park performance, at one point during the Q&A, Mike starts talking through the microphone with the vocal effects for The Requiem to show how they can make him sound like a little girl. Even though he's just talking, you can tell that it sounds nothing like the studio version, in fact, it sounds pretty terrible. My guess is that they tried doing it live during rehearsals, and they weren't happy with how it sounded so they decided to have him lip-sync, at least until they come up with a better solution.

For what it's worth, the "ooh" parts before the robot girl stuff sound different than the studio version though, so it could actually be live for all I know. I don't hear "as" in there like some people are hearing either though, sounds just like the album version to me.

If you listen to the full recording of the Kevin and Bean Breakfast With Linkin Park performance, at one point during the Q&A, Mike starts talking through the microphone with the vocal effects for The Requiem to show how they can make him sound like a little girl. Even though he's just talking, you can tell that it sounds nothing like the studio version, in fact, it sounds pretty terrible. My guess is that they tried doing it live during rehearsals, and they weren't happy with how it sounded so they decided to have him lip-sync, at least until they come up with a better solution.

For what it's worth, the "ooh" parts before the robot girl stuff sound different than the studio version though, so it could actually be live for all I know. I don't hear "as" in there like some people are hearing either though, sounds just like the album version to me.

To be fair though, he probably wasn't prepared with the correct synth patches and various effects for The Requiem at that show, since they never planned on playing it there in the first place. It was probably the patch he had set it to before, which was probably the patch for The Catalyst.

Why the would he pretend sing? He has no reason to. If LP wants to play a sample they'll just play a sample.

My thoughts exactly. They weren't afraid in the past to use backing tracks for Brad's guitar (POA).

On another note, how do you people think he did the voice on the record? Did he hire Daft Punk to do the work for him? I'm pretty sure he experimented with it and got that. I don't think he would simply do a pitch shift.

Edited by rav0k

I don't understand this? What is the purpose of this post. To cause a story? to cause more traffic flow? What do we win if we happened t figure out or find out he did lipsynch? and most of all. Why is it on the main site? To bring blind hate for LP? because there will be people who will take it like, "wtf, they lipsynch too? Just like Justin Beiber!!?!?"

and it should have been place here to begin with (to the move)

How many of you went to that show ???

Why a lot of people that don't went to that show are saying that Mike Lipsynching ?

If the people who went to that show are saying that he wasn't, is because he wasn't...

Or maybe some people are frustraded because don't like the new album and is trying to see every little thing to judge the band ?

We are talking about Mike Shinoda, he got a lot of talent and a lof of Instrumental stuff, and a lot of technogy to make The Requiem and Fallout without problems...

We are talking about of Mike Shinoda, one of the most perfectionists persons i ever know...

-_-

Edited by maik_gianino

I don't understand this? What is the purpose of this post. To cause a story? to cause more traffic flow? What do we win if we happened t figure out or find out he did lipsynch? and most of all. Why is it on the main site? To bring blind hate for LP? because there will be people who will take it like, "wtf, they lipsynch too? Just like Justin Beiber!!?!?"

and it should have been place here to begin with (to the move)

I think they have a right to make it a discussion matter. Hahninator was pointing out something that did seem quite odd. It would be pretty lame if lip-syncing was occurring for the wrong reasons, however I do agree that it shouldn't have been put on newswire.

We all make mistakes and I highly doubt it was to bring "blind hate". Although, Mark does have a seemingly strong distaste for ATS. ;)

Edited by rav0k

I think they have a right to make it a discussion matter. Hahninator was pointing out something that did seem quite odd. It would be pretty lame if lip-syncing was occurring for the wrong reasons, however I do agree that it shouldn't have been put on newswire.

We all make mistakes and I highly doubt it was to bring "blind hate". Although, Mark does have a seemingly strong distaste for ATS. ;)

Well i know we all make mistakes, and i know it could be a topic for discussion. but i think its been blown over board. its not like hes doing it on a song he raps or actually sings.. its just an eerie intro

Well i know we all make mistakes, and i know it could be a topic for discussion. but i think its been blown over board. its not like hes doing it on a song he raps or actually sings.. its just an eerie intro

I agree with ya, no worries.

I think the majority of the posters read the title and replied. They didn't read any of the posts, because the lip syncing controversy was resolved within the first 2 pages of this thread. The rest of it is just baseless and idiotic accusations that the people who did question wether or not he was singing are some how LP Bashers.

I don't understand this?

it's pretty simple, we wanted to know wether or not Mike Shinoda was lip syncing.

What is the purpose of this post.

You're basically repeating yourself, so what was the purpose of this sentence?

To cause a story?

If by story you mean create an "intelligent" discussion between LP fans then yes.

to cause more traffic flow?

I doubt this story was racy enough to really draw in the crowds. But then again by your reaction...

What do we win if we happened t figure out or find out he did lipsynch?

nothing really. but if you want to win something I suggest you visit http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5573 for the LPlive GIFTAWAY. You should suggest me. :]

and most of all. Why is it on the main site?

Because if Mike was lip syncing, it'd be the first time in history (according to mark) that, that has ever happened live. And seeing as though this site is called lpLIVE I'd think that'd be a very crucial story.

To bring blind hate for LP?

If people hate Linkin Park, I really doubt it's going to be because Mike Shinoda Lip Sync'd against a female vocoder track.

because there will be people who will take it like, "wtf, they lipsynch too? Just like Justin Beiber!!?!?"

Really? Justin Beiber was the first artist to have seven songs from a debut album chart on the Billboard hot 100. He was playing like 5 instruments by the time he was 12 and he had millions of youtube views before he ever hit mainstream. He actually can sing and he's just barely legal to drive a car. So if anything being just like Justin Beiber isn't that bad of a comparison.

Lip Syncing isn't a bad thing people. It's a necessary thing to preserve your voice. People lose their voices at times or occasionally can't hit the proper notes. Think of chester and all the time he struggles to sing through a song. Sure, it's great that he pushes through each song but why do you think his vocals get progressively worse live as time goes on? It's a necessary thing. And while Mark may or may not have intended for this post to be a controversial one, it's something that shouldn't be taken as such.

If by story you mean create an "intelligent" discussion between LP fans then yes.

The problem is, it turns out to be a not very intelligent discussion because:

1/ The accusation of Mike's lipsynching is very loose. Him sounding exactly like the record is actually not a sound reason to blame him of lipsynching. Even when they want to accuse Britney Spears of lipsynching (which she obviously did), they need more proofs than this.

2/ Bad song choice. Like I said, who cares about "The Requiem", at all? When I first read the title on twitter, I was not offended, just deadly curious. Then I opened this thread, I was totally facepalming. "The Requiem", srsly? It doesn't take a genius to realize that it seems like LPL is trying to gain some traffic - which is not a bad thing, but should have been done in a more reasonable way.

While I wholeheartedly agree that LPL has all the right to raise such a question, it's not hard to see that everyone was unhappy with this being on the newswire (glad it's off). Not because 'Mike Shinoda' and 'lipsynching' were put in one sentence, but because the question is not even worth their 'intelligent' time. Even to the haters, it's like a big 'the cake is a lie' in the face.

This is no communist nation, we don't need propaganda or have to sugarcoat the band's mistakes, but then there's one or two things a big fansite like this should remember to remain their quality. Choose 'Did Mike use sample/pre-record?' instead of 'Did Mike lipsynch?' - tentative approach for a sensitive issue for example. And stop the mouth from running faster than the brain, too.

I'm out.

Edited by NoFace