KROQ Breakfast With Linkin Park Update

Astat

They're still playing Numb? I have a really bad feeling that they'll only play ATS and softer songs from the prior albums on tour. I want to hear songs like Papercut, One Step Closer, APFMH, Don't Stay, Lying From You, Faint, From The Inside, Given Up, Bleed It Out, No More Sorrow, Qwerty, stuff like that. Nobody likes Numb. Lol.

Seconded, but obviously (and unfortunately), old soft songs from LP fit ATS songs much more than their heavy songs....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're still playing Numb? I have a really bad feeling that they'll only play ATS and softer songs from the prior albums on tour. I want to hear songs like Papercut, One Step Closer, APFMH, Don't Stay, Lying From You, Faint, From The Inside, Given Up, Bleed It Out, No More Sorrow, Qwerty, stuff like that. Nobody likes Numb. Lol.

Seconded, but obviously (and unfortunately), old soft songs from LP fit ATS songs much more than their heavy songs....

They def. play some of these "heavy songs" on tour

Why?

They also played Waiting for the End.

WFTE is pretty much confirmed as the second single. So since Iridescent was played here people are guessing it's gonna be the third, which seems likely.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how they did the new songs, Iridescent in particular.

Edited by Spin

WFTE is pretty much confirmed as the second single. So since Iridescent was played here people are guessing it's gonna be the third, which seems likely.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how they did the new songs, Iridescent in particular.

Oh it´s confirmed then?!

Sorry for that...i haven´t checked the news lately!!! So Iridescent may be their third single then!!!

Sorry

I like Numb.

Nobody likes Numb. Lol.

Yup, sure :rolleyes:. Nobody likes Numb. It's only regarded as being one of the best songs that the band has ever made, by both new and old fans. I'm not saying everyone thinks it's one of their best though. I've seen some people who hate it. Most people though think it's one of their top 5 or 10 songs. I made a poll on Youtube (after PR2007) asking which song people thought was their best. It only included 10 songs or so but Numb was the winner by an overwhelming number. It's clear people love the song. And that's why they'll continue to play it.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

They're still playing Numb? I have a really bad feeling that they'll only play ATS and softer songs from the prior albums on tour.

...because that short Set list have the soft essence. In a full concert will be different like the RTR, some part hard, some part feeling (middle)

BTW, Numb is one of the best songs in this world =)

Some video or rip of this Event??

Depends on how the setlist is structured. If they played "When They Come for Me" or "Wretches and Kings", I could see that fitting with the heavier tracks from Meteora.

They whole thing with nobody likes Numb brings the lulz. I think people might not want to hear to hear it live anymore. Almost every time I've seen LP, they've played Breaking the Habit and Pushing Me Away the exact same way. I don't want to hear it anymore. That doesn't mean I don't like the songs anymore, though.

where is this concert being showed? how can i see it on Tuesday? Like is the video playing online on tv or what?

It's being aired on KROQ 106.7 in the Los Angeles area, as clearly mentioned in the first post...KROQ also has a web stream you can listen to (not sure if it's US-only or what). There is no video of the event, it's a radio broadcast.

btw, no still no show notes?... there was an intro for what i've done?... i don't know, anything. xP if LPU people got there, i guess there should be a bit of info around there

All of this information is coming from one person on LPU, she's the only person who attended the show that's mentioned anything about it online that I've seen. I'd rather not bombard her with 9 million questions, she's already provided plenty of information. Notes about intros and whatnot will be answered when the show airs anyway.

It's being aired on KROQ 106.7 in the Los Angeles area, as clearly mentioned in the first post...KROQ also has a web stream you can listen to (not sure if it's US-only or what). There is no video of the event, it's a radio broadcast.

thanks for clarifying

For those asking about show notes, here's a review that someone posted on LPA.

Review of the KROQ Breakfast with Linkin Park! (which wasn’t really breakfast by the way.. it was at 4:30pm, and no food)

***OH and please don’t read this if you don’t want any spoilers, just in case this has any!***

The purpose of this event, partly, was to record the Kevin & Bean show for next Tuesday. Selected people were able to ask the band questions, all of which had very interesting answers. At one point, the crowd was cheering for Chester and Mike to kiss! That was really funny. Mostly Mike and Chester were answering the questions. Brad and Joe answered one, but briefly. If anyone is interested I can tell you later about some of the Q & A.

The entire show was recorded with cameras. I think that it will be posted on KROQ.com at some point.

The show was at Paramount Pictures in LA, in a kind of small stage room.

There were about 50 people there, so of course, everyone had a good view.. I was up front! Literally 2 or 3 feet from the stage!

Sadly NO cameras, cell phones.. anything. Not one person snuck one in. I could’ve taken some bomb ass pictures.

There was a full stage set up, and a video show in the background.

The band came out & started with What I’ve Done, do I even need to review? It was just great. Next was Numb! I think they performed these just to get the crowd going with something familiar.

Now for the new songs:

Waiting for the End. This song put me near tears. (I’m a very emotional girl..) It was performed beautifully. Mike’s rapping and singing were wonderful. Chester’s voice was amazing (as you all know already) They both sung with such passion, and that made the entire audience mesmerized. I looked around and everyone was moving together, back and forth. This song will do great as a single, in my opinion.

Iridescent : I’m very sorry that I won’t have a better review of this song. I was so hypnotized. Ok, well just as with Waiting for the End, beautiful singing. I loved how the choir was performed by the entire band. That was so cool! The piano in the song was more prominent live, and the music just set the mood. Wonderful song J

The Catalyst: WOW! As I said before, I liked this song before I heard it live. Not my favorite, but I didn’t hate it. After hearing it live, I love the song! They put so much extra into it on stage. It was like a different song, in a way. SO. MUCH. ENERGY! I didn’t want this song to end! I can already tell you that the tour is gonna be insane!

Once the show ended, people were about to leave (we were told we could not get any autographs). Then Mike & Chester walked down to say hi & sign autographs! I reached out & Mike grabbed onto my hand, I smiled like a starstruck teenager. Sadly, I froze up! I got Mike’s autograph then walked over to see Chester. All I could say was “I love you guys” and he said “thank you!” after laughing a bit. I also got Chester’s autograph.

The new cd will be amazing, as will the tour. I’m lucky enough to have seen my favorite band live and up close. This will be something that I will never forget!!

*this was kind of rushed, so I could tell you guys about this. any questions, just ask

Same person also said Chester plays guitar and the entire band sings on Iridescent.