KROQ Breakfast With Linkin Park Update

Astat

As previously announced, winners of KROQ 106.7's Breakfast With Linkin Park contest got to see an extremely private performance by the band yesterday (September 7th) and participate in a Q&A session.

The setlist was as follows:

01. What I've Done

02. Waiting For the End

03. Numb

04. Iridescent

05. The Catalyst

The performance will be broadcast on KROQ's Kevin and Bean show on Tuesday, September 14th.

Thanks to lpemogrl43 from the LPU!

EDIT: find the show page here

EDIT 2: The performance took place at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, how dare they perform for anyone who can't be in New York City on the 14th. :rolleyes:

Exactly right on the dot. But in all seriousness it would have been nice to see the live debut of the songs. Oh well. Still get to see the live. All that matters :)

Personally, i think its a perfect opportunity for LP to play some not so typical songs... because i think it flows more with the new stuff personally. like carousal or and one would be sick, and i know they will never play it again pretty much but hell i can hope. I think Irid. is going to be the best song live... thats if chester can hit the vocals. Chester really put his voice to a test on this record.

Exactly right on the dot. But in all seriousness it would have been nice to see the live debut of the songs. Oh well. Still get to see the live. All that matters :)

I think they'll play some more songs from ATS in NY than just those 3. So we will probably see some debuts. Mike said he wanted to play Wretches And Kings live really bad, and I can definitely see them doing it. Chester would sound awesome singing it live.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from there. But look at it this way, this isn't airing until the same day as the NYC show, so unless the rip pops up really early before you leave (with the east coast/west coast time difference, I doubt it), you're probably going to hear those songs live before you hear any live recordings of them. I bet they play more than just those 3 at NYC anyway. Mike mentioned playing Wretches and Kings live at one of the recent Q&A sessions, and he also mentioned The Requiem in the LPU chat earlier.

I will record it. I took the day off of work for Halo Reach but I will definently listen and record this show. Hopefully all 5 will be aired.

I'm sure they'll air all 5, it's on release day so there's no reason to block anything from airing, and they aired the whole thing in '07. They even aired the Q&A session if I recall correctly.

I'll try to record it too in case something happens, it's on way earlier than I'm normally up though (5:30-10:00 AM Pacific time, so it'd be 7:30-noon here).

A couple other notes from lpemogrl43's posts on LPU: The contest winners didn't actually get to eat breakfast, contrary to the name of the contest, haha. The entire band did gang vocals on Iridescent and The Catalyst, and Brad played both keyboards and drums (?!) at various points, I'm assuming during When They Come For Me as he has guitar parts during most of Iridescent and The Catalyst is a pretty straightforward song for them to pull of live with their usual instrumentation.

Also, I'm pretty sure this setlist should give people an idea of what to expect at the VMAs performance, since they said they'll be doing more than one song. They'll probably play The Catalyst first, followed by the other 4, and maybe throw in One Step Closer at the end or something to cap it off.

Can you ask the LPU member who attended to give an idea about how well the songs sounded and how well mike pulled off his vocals on Iridescent and The Catalyst live? I'm really curious to know because if he can do Iridescent there's no reason he can't do No Roads Left.

Can you ask the LPU member who attended to give an idea about how well the songs sounded and how well mike pulled off his vocals on Iridescent and The Catalyst live? I'm really curious to know because if he can do Iridescent there's no reason he can't do No Roads Left.

She actually said the new songs sound even better live, which is something I'm inclined to be skeptical about, but it's good to hear positive things. She also said Mike seemed to handle his vocal parts pretty well and that he "seems to have gotten a lot better" at singing.

Mike's parts on Iridescent really aren't difficult at all though, he doesn't go anywhere near as high as he does on No Roads Left on that one, unless you count some of the gang vocal parts at the end. But the entire band does those, so I would think if Brad, Phoenix, etc. can hit those notes, they shouldn't be a problem for Mike.

Old dead horse is old...

They're still playing Numb? I have a really bad feeling that they'll only play ATS and softer songs from the prior albums on tour. I want to hear songs like Papercut, One Step Closer, APFMH, Don't Stay, Lying From You, Faint, From The Inside, Given Up, Bleed It Out, No More Sorrow, Qwerty, stuff like that. Nobody likes Numb. Lol.