ATS Live

MONDREUS240

Now that we have heard all of the previews of the songs, how do you think they will be performed live? I think Brad is going to be on keyboard a lot more and Rob is going to be using his electronic pads a bit more as well.

Edited by MONDREUS240

There was just an interview on youtube, and Rob said he'd have to add more electronic and ethnic percussion parts to his kit to facilitate playing it.

I'd imagine there will be some playback of parts.

Link please (I'm a drummer and I love following everything Rob does).

Link please (I'm a drummer and I love following everything Rob does).

Dunno if you got the link yet.

I don't remember which part it was in. But the whole thing is pretty good to watch. (Though I think it was part 2)

I have no idea how they'll do it, but I have faith they'll figure out most of the songs.

If they don't end up playing the entire album live, I think these are the songs from ATS that they will play:

Burning In The Skies

When They Come For Me

Waiting For The End

Blackout

Wretches And Kings

Iridescent

The Catalyst

I bet they'll rework older songs to fit in with the new stuff. I'm hoping for a couple Reanimation tracks like P5ng and 1 Stp Klsr. That would be pretty epic. Also, with how Mike's singing more, I'd like to see No Roads Left.

As for the actual A Thousand Suns tracks, they better release Iridescent as a single so that they can get thousands of people singing that choir part in there. I also can't wait to hear how Mike sounds live since he's doing a lot of singing on this album.

Yeah I think mike said in one of the press interviews that they're going to be giving their old songs a twist live.

Would be interesting and cool to hear them giving their older stuff a new run as long they don't do an One Step Closer piano version or something like that :lol:

I bet they'll rework older songs to fit in with the new stuff. I'm hoping for a couple Reanimation tracks like P5ng and 1 Stp Klsr. That would be pretty epic. Also, with how Mike's singing more, I'd like to see No Roads Left.

As for the actual A Thousand Suns tracks, they better release Iridescent as a single so that they can get thousands of people singing that choir part in there. I also can't wait to hear how Mike sounds live since he's doing a lot of singing on this album.

Mike stated in a recent interview that they're reworking the older stuff to fit the vibe of the new album, so you're probably right.

Mike stated in a recent interview that they're reworking the older stuff to fit the vibe of the new album, so you're probably right.

I would also expect them to play most, if not all, of the Hybrid Theory tracks with their respective Reanimation-styled electronic flairs and skip. I guess we'll see, but this tour seems like it'll be something amazing and different.

I searched and didn't find this mentioned, also wasn't quite sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it. Nothing big, I just wanted to point out that Mike seems to have added a Theremin to his gear, beside his keyboard. Funny thing is just a few weeks ago I was watching Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide To The Orchestra thinking "Mike or Joe should really invest in a Theremin". Posted Image

You can see it in

video, Mikes actually facing it.

I searched and didn't find this mentioned, also wasn't quite sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it. Nothing big, I just wanted to point out that Mike seems to have added a Theremin to his gear, beside his keyboard. Funny thing is just a few weeks ago I was watching Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide To The Orchestra thinking "Mike or Joe should really invest in a Theremin". Posted Image

You can see it in

video, Mikes actually facing it.

There was also some making of preview video where he was playing a theremin (I think it was LPTV - "Something New")