New LPTV: Blackout Freestyle

gtrnowak4tkd

Mike Shinoda, Chester ownz you even at rapping lol

Chester ''trying'' to rap = WIN

Mike trying to ''sing'' = ..................................................................

lol this this this.

and the song sounds BAD. ASS.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta hear the full song first. Sounds weird hearing him trying to rap / sing really fast.

You never know, it could be some techno beat stuff again, we'll have to see. Hope it's good but definitely holding my breath after hearing The Catalyst. Hopefully there's not any other songs on the CD like the single, lol.

Gotta hear the full song first. Sounds weird hearing him trying to rap / sing really fast.

You never know, it could be some techno beat stuff again, we'll have to see. Hope it's good but definitely holding my breath after hearing The Catalyst. Hopefully there's not any other songs on the CD like the single, lol.

I too am holding my breath after The Catalyst, and it got worse after I read that review from the listening party. The strange formatted songs, the number of short tracks, the overall sound and spoilers of this album are down right scary. I always thought of LP as a band that could create anything and pull it off with their successful habits. This album is making me question my previous assumptions. I've always loved LP and I'm definitely giving this album a chance like the rest, but never before have I been scared of the possibility of not liking the album. We'll all see I guess

On the contrary, I thought Mike singing on No Roads Left was damn good.

Yeah but that was in the studio..

He didnt have the balls to sing NRL live

I wonder how the hell he's gonna pull all those live vocals that he has to do

if he can't even handle HHH without Chaz voice

LP is becoming the next SOAD, remember when the guitarist began to sing?

sometimes he sounded really AWFUL

i can see this happening with Mike.

I too am holding my breath after The Catalyst, and it got worse after I read that review from the listening party. The strange formatted songs, the number of short tracks, the overall sound and spoilers of this album are down right scary. I always thought of LP as a band that could create anything and pull it off with their successful habits. This album is making me question my previous assumptions. I've always loved LP and I'm definitely giving this album a chance like the rest, but never before have I been scared of the possibility of not liking the album. We'll all see I guess

Agreed. Never have a felt this much anxiousness about a LP album. However Ana (who's review I read) said she really didn't like Blackout, but I LOVED IT!!!! So maybe I'll have a completely different take on this album then her. I really want it to judge for myself! But her review made me a bit nervous. I will definately still give it a fair chance though.

I'm sure one can't judge "Blackout" by that LPTV episode yet. Yeah the screams are great and the rap part is kinda cool, but Ana heard the full thing and not just some 'demo clip' so don't make a final judgement about that song already^^

I'm excited anyway, I want to hear these screams in full (and mastered) quality.

Holy shit! its more of a chant then a rap though, and this is one of the best screams Chester has ever done!

I was gonna say the same thing about it being more of a chant. Cause he doesn't really try to make it flow like rap, it's very jagged and disconnected. Sounds GREAT though. Ana, I don't understand what you mean by calling this a pop song. Maybe I can't tell cause I haven't heard the full thing but that doesn't sound like pop to me at all. Lyrically or in the vocal style.

Just goes to prove that no matter what anyone says about this album, I can't judge it till I hear it with my own to ears. (not picking on you Ana, you're just the only one giving us a review so far :P )

I wonder how the hell he's gonna pull all those live vocals that he has to do

if he can't even handle HHH without Chaz voice

Chester sings on the studio version of HHH too...same part he sings live. Dave sings Mike's harmony part live but that had to be done since Mike has two parts layered on the album.

I was gonna say the same thing about it being more of a chant. Cause he doesn't really try to make it flow like rap, it's very jagged and disconnected. Sounds GREAT though. Ana, I don't understand what you mean by calling this a pop song. Maybe I can't tell cause I haven't heard the full thing but that doesn't sound like pop to me at all. Lyrically or in the vocal style.

Just goes to prove that no matter what anyone says about this album, I can't judge it till I hear it with my own to ears. (not picking on you Ana, you're just the only one giving us a review so far :P )

Chester sings on the studio version of HHH too...same part he sings live. Dave sings Mike's harmony part live but that had to be done since Mike has two parts layered on the album.

Yeah he does... but look at the levels, in the studio is mostly Mike vocals

but live Chester needs to HELP Mike by getting on the top of Chaz voice.

Yeah he does... but look at the levels, in the studio is mostly Mike vocals

but live Chester needs to HELP Mike by getting on the top of Chaz voice.

That's true. But Mike obviously is gonna have to own up and do his share of the singing for the live show from now on.

first of all, I'd like to say hello to all of lpl users.

second,

I'm reading yours comments and I can say one thing:

You/we cannot judge the whole album or The Blackout or any other song just based on review of 1-2 people

third,

Stay calm... we only heared hmmm 15 seconds of acappella chour version with some wiered noises in background

@edit

thanks for attention.

Edited by uwagademon

I don't understand how in Ana's review, she said this was terrible. I think it sounds fucking awesome. I can't wait for this song and this album. Every clip I hear of any of the songs just makes me want it more and more!!

I'm glad that I haven't read any reviews yet.... I better stop reading forums at all until I get to hear the album, because all this talks about how this alum sounds makes me feel uncomfortable. When I read reviews of MTM and heard the album afterwards I thought that those reviews weren't something that I would say about those songs in words. So now I understand that I'd better listen to the album once rather than read about it 10 times from different people.

haha you will hear it :)

ill mark down my notes:

1. synth organ pipes

2. fast army like drums

3. synth

4. 80s synth like

5. Pop Pop - Chester Rap

6. CRAZY SCREAMING

7. Chester Rap

8. CRAZY SCREAMING

9. guitars -> heavy in a marilyn Manson style

10. Dubstep

11. Mike singing "calm Down"

12. Slow duett by mike can chester

How all those elements end up in one song is beyond me to be honest haha but the 15 seconds we got out of 4:39 sounded pretty sick lol

Honestly, I was looking forward to the album all along, I was never upset about anything, Mike singing, the background music, all fine, the only thing that I think I might not like is that some songs look like they put too much work into them (based on the review that was posted on here the other day). Hearing screaming again is awesome, though.