The Catalyst - what do you think?

tschenneck

Lol i have two versions. a shortened 3min version and the 5min one. Loving the new direction of the music, and the vocals from both chester and mike. i dont really see The Catalyst as a single for charts though. It just wasnt made for that shit lol

For the first time ever I like the first single off of an LP album. Can't wait for ATS to be released (or leaked... i'm going to buy it anyway.)

As for how good it will do in charts, I think it may not be very successful. It's just too different to what people are used to. This album is definitely an inflection point in LP's career and it'll put their fanbase to a test... it was about time they pulled something like this.

Really love the track! is the single length chopped down to 3.46?

Isn't that 3:46 min version the rip from the MoH trailer?

Edited by WookieBastard

I think it is amazing. I think it is one my top 5 favorite tracks from them. I still think Faint, Figure.09, and Breaking The Habit are better. And maybe Don't Stay is better. So its either my 4th or 5th favorite song from them

It's repetitive, but it's grown on me a lot.

I think it'll probably be my least favorite song off the new album, just because the lead singles usually are for me.

Also, whoever called this song progressive way back when, was pretty wrong. The song changes a bit at the bridge when it slows down for the "Lift me up" part, but it picks right back up.

Overall something like a 7/10. Good song.