Info On The 'Medal of Honor' Soundtrack w/ LP

DKB1994

Linkin Park launched an iPhone game earlier this year, and now they're officially moving on to become a part of one of 2010's biggest EA releases. The band will provide the music for a new "Medal of Honor" trailer directed by their DJ Joe Hahn on August 1. The sounds will come from their new album A Thousand Suns' first single "The Catalyst," which will also play as part of the game's soundtrack. And EA says they've only just begun.

"'Medal of Honor' marks the beginning of an innovative new relationship between EA and Linkin Park," EA worldwide executive of music and marketing Steve Schnur said in a press release. "I've personally known the band since 1999, and they have always been an intensely creative group who understand the power of videogames and have wanted to explore and expand the medium’s possibilities. 'The Catalyst' is one of the most anticipated tracks of the year, and the combination of this new song and Joe Hahn's distinctive visual dynamic re-sets the bar in our commitment to bringing together landmark EA games with artists whose talents go far beyond music."

Exactly what kind of EA-related plans Linkin Park may have post-"Medal of Honor" weren't specified, but they agree that they'd like to work on other such projects in the future.

"I definitely think we could do things with them down the road," bassist David "Phoenix" Farrell told USA Today. "It was a good and fun partnership on our end. I know our fans are gamers and it is a cool way to get your music heard."

Do you think Linkin Park will be a good fit for the "MoH" soundtrack? What else would you like to see them do with EA? Anything? Nothing?

Source here./

I don't know how to think about this...

I mean it's clear that this is a money related partnership that mainly warner and EA is responsible for.

Generally I wouldn't be concerned about such relationships, but isn't it a bit ambivalent that they support a game in which American Warfare is being celebrated and on the other hand release critical songs with political meaning concerning the grievance of the war related-moral? (eg. Hands Held High, or presumably Jornada del Muerto)

Too bad they didn't start the partnership a few months ago. I would of loved if there was some LP in Skate 3. Skate 3 definitely has a great soundtrack already, but it would of been sick if there was a LP song or songs! Kick-ass game.

Edited by Holden

I have a feeling we may get Linkin Park Rock Band because of this partnership.

with the adition of more than one mic and the keytar on RB3 it seems quite possible.

I guess is a good partnership... hopefully this will bring us new songs from times to times in the future xP something like what happened with New Divide.

Maybe LP and EA are related in the Media stuff, maybe EA can provide some good stuff to LP in the Live Shows... LP want to have the best live Show in the World so EA could help....

Maybe the deal is, LP gives music, EA gives Media...

Wouldn't mind.. B)

I like it, and I was supposed to buy the game before I knew about this too, so it's definietly a good idea.

But I don't like EA games these days, they're only doing this because of one thing...And we know the answer deep inside of us ;)

I don't know how to think about this...

I mean it's clear that this is a money related partnership that mainly warner and EA is responsible for.

Generally I wouldn't be concerned about such relationships, but isn't it a bit ambivalent that they support a game in which American Warfare is being celebrated and on the other hand release critical songs with political meaning concerning the grievance of the war related-moral? (eg. Hands Held High, or presumably Jornada del Muerto)

Well that's a really good point right there. I like reading good posts like this.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. And it might actually work. Most of the vocal and keyboard parts would actually be pretty hard. It could be a good way to show off the keyboard mechanique.

I would love a Rock Band Linkin Park.The vocals would be hard. The Guitar would be easy. The drumming wouldn't be too hard, but wouldn't be easy. But the game would focus on the vocals and keyboard no doubt. It would be a good use to show of he keyboard and the vocals would be hard and fun to sing.

Well that's a really good point right there. I like reading good posts like this.

Thanks Mark..I think this is more important than linkin park being on the soundtracks of some future games...I mean one can always play the music of LP while playing some games...

As I said, I think it is pretty arguable, I don't make LP responsible for this but this nevertheless let me doubt the straightforwardness of some songs... (it reminds me a bit of the one time I saw a mtv-documentation about linkin park where chester and the others say "none of us smokes, that is totally disgusting and we would never do that" even though it is commonly known that chester smokes - as seen in the making of MTM)