Parental Advisory for A Thousand Suns

Nameless

Agreed.

Given Up is tolerable but Bleed It Out is very childish. HHH, meh, he could use something different. I'd rather LP not cuss on the albums.

I agree that Given Up its fine, but Bleed It Out they shouldn't have cussed.

As long as the album doesn't have excessive cussing, I am fine with it being PA

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when Linkin Park actually HAD angry music, there was no cussing. Now Linkin Park isn't making aggressive music anymore but they decide to cuss and everyone is upset about it. :lol: I love change.

So when Linkin Park actually HAD angry music, there was no cussing. Now Linkin Park isn't making aggressive music anymore but they decide to cuss and everyone is upset about it. :lol: I love change.

It doesn't make sense. Especially since they've "matured" so much. Cussing usually takes place for lack of originality.

People that care if an artist swears on their albums annoy me. People that care if an artist doesn't swear on their album annoy me. I feel an artist should be able to express however they feel without being judged in that respect. Personally, I like LP's swearing. So I'm happy.

That sticker means words like f*ck, sh*t b*itch, lyrics kids actually shouldn't hear etc you fill the blanks.....

(Mike's mother wouldn't let Mike listen to Cypress Hill due the lyrics, that explains the parental advisory)

Personally, it's nothing new for me, been listening to rap since i was in dypers.

My cd collection got alot of the parental advisory stickers, so it's nothing new to me.

People that care if an artist swears on their albums annoy me. People that care if an artist doesn't swear on their album annoy me. I feel an artist should be able to express however they feel without being judged in that respect. Personally, I like LP's swearing. So I'm happy.

It's just funny to me because every time I talk about how much Linkin Park has changed, I get the same response of "THEY GROW OLDER AND THEIR MUSIC CHANGES STFU!", yet...we have grown older as well and haven't matured enough to handle a simple word of expression? Sad, indeed. I hope their lyrics bring out the tears in every soul in existence.

It's just funny to me because every time I talk about how much Linkin Park has changed, I get the same response of "THEY GROW OLDER AND THEIR MUSIC CHANGES STFU!", yet...we have grown older as well and haven't matured enough to handle a simple word of expression? Sad, indeed. I hope their lyrics bring out the tears in every soul in existence.

I swear as much as the next guy, but I think a vocalist shouldn't need to use swears in their lyrics.

I swear as much as the next guy, but I think a vocalist shouldn't need to use swears in their lyrics.

Lyrics are thoughts on the vocalists mind. Why should a vocalist not be allowed to speak their mind based on what we decided was a "bad" word?

That's A good point. But I still don't think an artist needs to cuss. To Me it seems unnesecary.

That's A good point. But I still don't think an artist needs to cuss. To Me it seems unnesecary.

same, most of the times it just feels like they didnt know what to write down and went with the easy way of putting down cuss words instead of thinking of something creative.

I personally never cuss but since i'm in an university hostel i hear it every second sentence so i'm used to it, i still prefer them not cussing.

sorry to interrupt , can some one explain what this means!!!!!!!!!!! this is the first time ive seen a cover rated like this :) , i actually found this on korn greatest hits vol 1

Posted Image

Parental Advisory means that the album has cussing, sexual content, guns, violence, etc, and that parents should be aware that it isn't appropriate for children.

could it possibly just be religious reference? I know it's unlikely, but in the lyrics we know from The Catalyst there is mention of "GOD bless us everyone, we're a broken people living under LOADED GUN" and also "sins of our hands, sins of our tongues, sins of our father(s?) the sins of our sons"

could it possibly just be religious reference? I know it's unlikely, but in the lyrics we know from The Catalyst there is mention of "GOD bless us everyone, we're a broken people living under LOADED GUN" and also "sins of our hands, sins of our tongues, sins of our father(s?) the sins of our sons"

I highly doubt there would be a warning for the use of "God" for a North American band. That would be the last thing to get a sticker for lol

Edited by rav0k